Difference between a 6 star player- Bain and a 5 star- Shemar, MJ and KJ

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
DMoney's comment that we might have whiffed on some 5 stars this cycle but that’s ok because we have a 6 star really resonated. I remember the 22 cycle when So Fla had 4 4&5 star dlineman. Until Mario we weren’t in the mix for any of them. These guys were all gonna be huge difference makers.

Fortunately Nyjalik became a cane and has great potential. But when you add up the production of Shemar, Jones and Jackson it’s not even close to what Bain has done this year bu himself. Would anyone seriously trade those 3 combined for Bain straight up?

Just looking statistically Bain has 29 pressures, 5 sacks, 7 hits on the qb, and 17 hurries.

Shemar, Jones and Jackson combined have 16 pressures, 4 sacks, 2 hits on the qb and 11 hurries.

Watching Bain this year and guys like Hutchinson has reinforced in my mind that the single most important factor to be a 6 star is your motor- just like processing is for a quarterback.

Advertisement
DMoney's comment that we might have whiffed on some 5 stars this cycle but that’s ok because we have a 6 star really resonated. I remember the 22 cycle when So Fla had 4 4&5 star dlineman. Until Mario we weren’t in the mix for any of them. These guys were all gonna be huge difference makers.

Fortunately Nyjalik became a cane and has great potential. But when you add up the production of Shemar, Jones and Jackson it’s not even close to what Bain has done this year bu himself. Would anyone seriously trade those 3 combined for Bain straight up?

Just looking statistically Bain has 29 pressures, 5 sacks, 7 hits on the qb, and 17 hurries.

Shemar, Jones and Jackson combined have 16 pressures, 4 sacks, 2 hits on the qb and 11 hurries.

Watching Bain this year and guys like Hutchinson has reinforced in my mind that the single most important factor to be a 6 star is your motor- just like processing is for a quarterback.
Wouldn’t trade Bain for anyone.

I saw Stewart several times in high school his body was a 5* but, his production wasn’t great when I watched him-

Bain was unbelievable in high school
It continues at UM he’s been nothing short of amazing.

I saw Stewart several times in high school his body was a 5* but, his production wasn’t great when I watched him-

Bain was unbelievable in high school
It continues at UM he’s been nothing short of amazing.
Did Bain have better DL coaching than Stewart in HS?

The goal isn't to get one of them, it's to gather a collection of talent. Yes, Bain is amazing but we need to be collecting talent up front at a higher clip. So while we can beat our chest for Bain, rightfully so, we need to do better acquiring this type of talent or close to it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back