Didn’t see the game – how was Leonard Taylor?

Advertisement
Miller and ford shouldn’t be playing over him. Say what you want about Nesta but he makes plays and hustles hard down the field.
After watching LT today he is not better the Miller or Ford at this time. When he got in he was last off the ball and had no eye control RBs ran right next to him and never knew it. I am sure he will learn and get better if he accepts coaching but not today. He did get off the ball later i the game and showed he has talent but still no eye contro

He looked fine, he will make as much as an impact as the stiffs ahead of him with the exception of Harrison Hunt and maybe Nesta. He did look quick, needs to get stronger but the athleticism is better than anybody else we have. Looks like he could have a very high ceiling.

IMHO, he played great for a freshman and had a nice TFL, which required him to shed the guard and make the tackle. I just thought the effort was inconsistent and he needs to learn to play hard and fast on every play

Advertisement
He showed unreal explosion a couple times and made a play in the backfield but that was about it. He looks to have either a conditioning or effort issue as there were a few plays late in the game that he didn’t get off the ball at all and wasn’t interested in chasing the play from the backside. There was also a stunt late in which he was supposed to loop around the end and he decided about two steps to say **** it and just stopped.

He showed that he has some real ability but motor and consistency could be an issue. We honestly haven’t seen near enough to say.

I will say this, we he decided to get off the ball his burst is something we haven’t seen in a long long time. Wilfork type of explosion from a DT

I only counted one tackle and had zero impact on the pass rush against today's high school competition. Doesn't get off the ball exceptionally well. Looked slow to me.

Nesta Will make the league just because the guy hustles his *** off
Reminds me of Antwuan woods who was on the Dallas cowboys for like 4 years out of USC…

High energy DT, hussles… but doesn’t bring much in the pass rush or in run support… but he hussles and talks a good game

Advertisement
Not sure how ppl are saying he played great. The truth is that he was just a guy out there vs low level competition. Had a TFL, also had a missed tackle. Other than that he didn’t do much.

Honestly looked like he struggled when he first got in. Couple times where it looked like he rushed himself out of a play due to bad technique. Looked much better in the second half. You can see the tools and why he was a 5 star for sure but just like all youngins he’s still learning and will only get better with more reps.

Advertisement
Not sure how ppl are saying he played great. The truth is that he was just a guy out there vs low level competition. Had a TFL, also had a missed tackle. Other than that he didn’t do much.
Because people aren’t being honest with themselves

We played a high school team so let’s all keep things in perspective. It was great to see the pups get burn.

Just watched the highlights - if he plays against College teams it should be at DE. He's tiny right now.

Advertisement
I keyed on him on just about every play I saw him in on.

He started slow and got better throughout the game. His athletic ability was evident but he's not better than any of the starters at this time. I do believe he should be getting at least a few reps per game going forward to see how he progresses. But again, he's need a lot of development between where he is now and where he needs to be. His first step was impressive.

I believe coach Simpson's analysis of Leonard Taylor was that he wins one on one reps but needs to do better in 11 on 11 reps. That seemed evident today. His athleticism showed but he seemed lost at times. Needs to work on his vision too.

Advertisement
Back