Did we recruit Mecole Hardman

MizCane

Senior
Went to UGA and now plays for Chiefs? 4.3 40 WR. I’m from KC and saw he had an interview today where he said Hester was his favorite player growing up and that the U was his favorite school. I think he’s gonna be pretty good. He was an insurance policy in case Tyreek was gonna get suspended but now just yet another weapon for Reid.

Anyway, thought that was interesting in his interview. We could have used a player with his explosiveness the last 4 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No, I wasn’t joking.
Well, there you go. We recruited him like we recruit all high-talent kids who have even a little interest in us. My recollection is that we were very interested, and as many kids do, he showed interest but followed the money. Nothing unusual about it, happens many times each cycle.

If you were thinking that the kid was interested and we weren't, that almost never happens. Kid with that much talent has to be a train-wreck off the field for us to not pursue him.

Advertisement
I assume you're joking? You understand that we recruit lots of kid who end up at other schools right? And 75% of those kids claim at one point or another that Miami is their "dream school". Then the business decisioning starts.
Exactly. They all claim Miami was the school they always dreamed of. Even Baker Mayfield claimed he wanted to come to Miami. Along with Jevon Kearse, Amari Cooper, and a whole bunch of others.

Advertisement
Diggs had legit interest, rumors were that we lead for most of his recruitment.
It's not so much that these guys don't have legit interest, it's that interest is all it is. Like in a perfect world I'd go to Miami, but in the real world I've got people offering me "perks" to play for them and I'm not stupid. Somebody's going to give my dad a job/pay the rent/get me a car...whatever, it's kinda hard not to take that.

It's not that I don't believe a lot of these kids grew up loving Miami, it's that when it's decision time I don't think that matters very much.

Advertisement
Exactly. They all claim Miami was the school they always dreamed of. Even Baker Mayfield claimed he wanted to come to Miami. Along with Jevon Kearse, Amari Cooper, and a whole bunch of others.

You can thank Golden for that one.

Teddy Bridgewater was committed at one point as well too, but Miami always is the bridesmaid never the bride.

Advertisement
Back