Did we match up physically?

iLoveTDs

Junior
Banned
Forget the fact that Aranda made Richt look like a HS OC. Did our players look as physical, strong, and explosive as LSU's?

I thought our 1's were just as strong as them. The 1 defense is really good. Once the backups come in it's a ****fest.

Gerald Willis and JJ had their way with LSU's OL. Pinckey looked more explosive this year than last (despite missing a tackle).
Our WR's looked really good. JT is a freak, Cager has improved.

The OL held up in pass pro pretty well. The RBs, Rosier, and Richt made them look much worse than they really were. RG and LG need to get on same page, but we did look physical.

That's the best defense we will face all year - with exception to Clemson.

Advertisement
Yes! Better punting, Rosier hit Offense receivers, better tackling and few penalties and it’s a different game.

We have the size and no longer look like a JV team

I thought we got beat up front on both sides of the ball, but not drastically so. Willis was an exception, but the OL got pushed around, both physically and schematically.

Advertisement
Somebody posted in another thread that our guys look like they could play in the CFL, so yeah, I guess they looked pretty good from a physical standpoint.

I thought we got beat up front on both sides of the ball, but not drastically so. Willis was an exception, but the OL got pushed around, both physically and schematically.

I didn't see the OL get pushed around. I saw a defensive scheme that confused us - but they weren't pushing our **** in all night. We have no blocking TE or RBs on this team. Maybe Homer. The rest whiff on everything.

Losing Irvin for this game did hurt us quite a bit. He would've been an extra body on the edge to pick up their standup rushers.

Willis was only one up to task, Bethel is not the answer. We were rotating up to 6 players in the first qtr. WE ARE NOT THAT DEEP. I dont care what anyone says on the 50 yard TD run we had 6 backups in the back 7 in with Jaquan. I dont see anybody subbing that many guys at one time in top flight games that early.

I thought our starters did pretty good. Oline didnt seem to look like they were familiar with Aranda style blitzes and our LT is still not aware. He will chase to block one guy, even if he is not rushing meanwhile another player runs right by him. I think its more schematic with the oline. Donaldson isnt a tackle, but they werent just overwhelmed like clemson last year and maybe this year if we face them again.

I didn't see the OL get pushed around. I saw a defensive scheme that confused us - but they weren't pushing our **** in all night. We have no blocking TE or RBs on this team. Maybe Homer. The rest whiff on everything.

Losing Irvin for this game did hurt us quite a bit. He would've been an extra body on the edge to pick up their standup rushers.

The OL was hit or miss (a lot of missing). It sure seemed like Rosier didn't have enough time a lot of the night...not that it mattered because he just panicked and took off at the first sign of trouble, or if did have time, he airmailed the receiver anyway.

Advertisement
We have a schematic problem with our OLine when it comes to running the ball. On our running plays its too str8 forward. No pulling, no cut blocks. Its too easy for a good DC to scheme against. Not many outside runs either. Its mostly up the middle. The best runs we had of the night were to the outside. Also I know we don't go under center much, but why not run out of the pistol. We give the backs the ball in the same spot everytime.

Forget the fact that Aranda made Richt look like a HS OC. Did our players look as physical, strong, and explosive as LSU's?

I thought our 1's were just as strong as them. The 1 defense is really good. Once the backups come in it's a ****fest.

Gerald Willis and JJ had their way with LSU's OL. Pinckey looked more explosive this year than last (despite missing a tackle).
Our WR's looked really good. JT is a freak, Cager has improved.

The OL held up in pass pro pretty well. The RBs, Rosier, and Richt made them look much worse than they really were. RG and LG need to get on same page, but we did look physical.

That's the best defense we will face all year - with exception to Clemson.

Actually Garvin and Willis had their way.

We can't have players like Bethel out there. That's a joke. Willis was a fortunate land and he played very well, beyond my expectation. But you can see what a farce it is that the coaches love the other defensive tackles when they aren't trusted out there at all, and instead we're using the graduate transfer who doesn't even fit the physical needs of what we're asking him to do.

I'll pay attention when we win the defensive tackle recruiting wars instead of losing and rationalizing all of them, and when our offensive linemen actually resemble competent athletes instead of guys I might see unloading warehouse docks. Granted, weaker athletes at offensive line is the norm nationwide, and increasingly so, but the college powerhouses at least have bodies that look the part.

LSU players always look the part. Always. I have emphasized on Finheaven countless times over the years that if any program looks like it is stocked with NFL looking bodies at every position, it is LSU.

Defense was fine just couldn’t tackle and the DB’s were no where to be found.

Advertisement
Yes, we matched up physically and were totally outcoached. By an Ed freakin Orgeron team. Pathetic.
Zero preparation and it looks like we had no practice since the bowl game loss. Players unblocked on the first freakin punt of the season. Yay.

Didn’t notice any material difference, which makes the outcome even more frustrating. I actually thought, as the game wore on, we looked physically stronger along the lines. I also thought we looked more athletic, especially on offense.

Penalties, horrific quarterback play and punting, and a few complete whiffs on defense...all in some way attributable to coaching. We’re regressing despite getting stronger and more athletic across the roster. That was the biggest wake up call for me last night.

Yes, we matched up physically and were totally outcoached. By an Ed freakin Orgeron team. Pathetic.
Zero preparation and it looks like we had no practice since the bowl game loss. Players unblocked on the first freakin punt of the season. Yay.

The only positive was that Miami players looked the part. Might not be strong enough to blow LSU off the ball but Miami didn't win championships by playing Knute Rockne football. Plenty strong enough to give RBs a crease and a chance to make plays. The downside is that basically every position but WR appears poorly coached and the coordinators are making that issue even more glaring.

Advertisement
We certainly matched up better physically than Troy.
I'm not sure what the coaches did since the bowl loss

We had more first downs; more total yards (by a lot); and our third down efficiency was twice as good as theirs.

In what world in which Rosier and Feagles don’t exist does that happen in an absolute beatdown?

Less than 300 total yards of offense and they have the game won by the middle of the third quarter. You can’t make this **** up.

Advertisement
Back