Did we find a decent/good backup?....

5XNC

Senior
Can he compete here for a starting job some day?
Kid showed a lot with prep.

Advertisement
Still late on some throws, panics too easily under pressure, but overall not a bad performance for Malik.

How could anyone possibly know based one 1 game? Let's add that the OC is a potato and our coach got fired.

I keep saying this, how could anyone possibly know how good anyone is based on this coaching staff?

How could anyone possibly know based one 1 game? Let's add that the OC is a potato and our coach got fired.

I keep saying this, how could anyone possibly know how good anyone is based on this coaching staff?

Exactly.

Everyone was saying how terrible he was because of the clemson game but then again we have fans here who don't think Kayaa is great sooo

Advertisement
thought Coley did a decent job getting this kid prepped. He is a decent backup, not sure about competing for a starting job, not against Kaaya, anyways. We are in a lot better shape at the qb position than we were a couple of years ago that's for sure.

RS frosh in his first start on the road against a worthy opponent. I think Malik showed more than enough to be capable. That being said, we are lucky to have such a stud in Kaaya.

He won...on the road...the week after the coach was fired. All that while still being hampered by the biggest clown of a playcaller I may have ever seen. He had some good throws and he had some brain farts. Not totally unexpected...but a couple of those tosses were a pleasant surprise.

I imagine he will be legitimately in the conversation for starting QB eventually.

No clue on how good or bad he is.

But I'd really like to see him give us more dual-threat action. I think a mobile QB would do wonders for our offense ...

Advertisement
I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if he's a future starter or not but he looked like a competent backup for sure - which I wasn't totally convinced of prior.

His first game: He got us the win and beat a ranked team.

1-0

The Clemson game doesn't count. That's Kaaya's loss (in regards to giving it to a qb). He who starts gets the loss.

Chances are he'll compete with Allison if he stays around long enough and Allison comes to the U.

Advertisement
he has talent. that much is clear. footwork is bad. and he locks on way too much. but those things are expected. hopefully the next staff can continue to develop him

He did great for his FIRST start. Especially against a ranked team. He is definitely a solid backup option.

Hey, I never gave the kid a second thought and didn't expect much at all. However: first start, ranked team, at their house, coach fired, team leader's mother dies, horrible coaching staff left behind, refs trying desperately to let other team win, leading a team that just had just been shut out in worse loss in school history.... let's see. Frigging kid did frigging fantastic. Whatever the future brings, this week kid is THE MIAMI HURRICANE QB. All praise the kid from Bama!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
I think, if nothing else, he showed some potential. Definitely wouldn't take him head to head vs Kaaya but definitely the best backup we have had in a LONG time (not counting Williams last year because of the injury).

Coley has a great eye for QBs, that is why I want him to stay on the staff as QB coach or recruiting coordinator. He pulled the kid out of Alabama kid is better than the Auburn QB.

Advertisement
Back