Did that “Home Run Hitter” fall into the Canes’ lap today?

TexCane

Sophomore
Did that “Home Run Hitter” fall into the Canes’ lap today?

Former Georgia coach and Miami QB Mark Richt is now available. Is Richt that “home run hitter” Miami relishes? READ MORE…

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's not my first choice, but we could do a **** of a lot worse than Mark Richt! He dang sure would stock the roster full of future NFL'ers.

I live in Georgia and cheer for UGA when i'm not watching Miami and Richt is now tied with Kelly as my first choice to replace AG. Check his overall record, check his recruits, check his coaching staffs. Keep in mind that at least half his schedule every season is usually filled with top 25 opponents and he still average 9plus wins per season. The ACC is no where near as competitive as the SEC. He will have Miami in the ACC Championship every season and competing for the playoff. Dude had the no.1 QB in the country from Washington committed to UGA. He will bring the recruits, the staff and the experience of winning at a high level. Plus he's only 55....people tripping because of his record vs Saban. Cmon Man...

Advertisement
His best days are behind him, I don't see that hunger in him anymore. Let him retire and do ministry work.

His best days are behind him, I don't see that hunger in him anymore. Let him retire and do ministry work.

I have always liked Richt, he's a really nice guy. Maybe too nice, one never hears that said about the really great ones. "Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are really nice guys"....see, it doesn't work. I think all the great ones had at least a little mean streak in them.

do we want to maybe get to the ACC title game or do we want to be as good s anyone?

we can't play it safe and we can't outbid USCw for a Jeff Fisher or Sean Payton. We need to catch the meteor on the rise.

we need tom herman.

Advertisement
Font was so messed up I kept seeing Home Run Hitler.

Did you drool onto your keyboard after taking some Haldol and produce this disorganized psychotic manifesto or what?

Last edited:

I have always liked Richt, he's a really nice guy. Maybe too nice, one never hears that said about the really great ones. "Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are really nice guys"....see, it doesn't work. I think all the great ones had at least a little mean streak in them.

Good point. I just think he doesn't have anything left in the tank to be honest.

I remember a couple of years ago...when UGA played an Urban Meyer led Florida team...in the biggest game all season, and after UGA scored....Richt told all the players to run to the endzone and celebrate the touchdown.

It was designed to get the team amped up to beat Florida and Richt basically said FVCK the excessive celebration penalty....lets send a message.

However, I don't see that in him anymore. Haven't seen him fired up on the sidelines in what seems like years. Great guy, solid coach, but NOT who Miami should hire. Way better options available.

I am friends with lots of Ga fans. Have watched and talked about that program more then Miami. Richt would be a bad hire here. Remember, Ga always has a couple of their players suspended for the first few games for weed smoking in the off season. He is goofy smile, lose the big game. He may be a better coach then Golden, but he is the same. No edge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back