Did Richt turn down request for OC and $1 Million from boosters??

Crimpy

Big Time Outsider
Ok, just so there's no misunderstanding, I have no link to an article and no name I can drop. So take this FWIW.

According to the owner of a commercial sponsor of UM athletics, who hangs out with lots of ex-players and boosters, Richt was recently asked to hire an OC and offered up to $1 million a year in assistance from a group of boosters. Richt basically said, "No thanks, we're good".

Any of our resident insiders heard anything about this?

Advertisement
I was there, I saw it go down at the Wahoo gas station in The Gables. He flat out said, "No Thanks, we are good."
The Boosters said, "Fack you, CMR, your are a dead man walking."

Ok, just so there's no misunderstanding, I have no link to an article and no name I can drop. So take this FWIW.

According to the owner of a commercial sponsor of UM athletics, who hangs out with lots of ex-players and boosters, Richt was recently asked to hire an OC and offered up to $1 million a year in assistance from a group of boosters. Richt basically said, "No thanks, we're good".

Sounds par for the course being that Richt is a former 15 year failure at UGA

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure whatever issues we have with Richt, he isn't going to turn down an extra $1,000,000.

This is comedy :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

If our boosters are offering rather than demanding changes, man we have bigger problems on our hands than we can imagine. If Richt answered "No thanks, we're good" and our booster didn't punch him square in the face while afterwards throwing the 1 million dollar check on his unconscious body, well ladies and gents, we are in SERIOUS trouble and are infested with YES men from the very top.

Advertisement

Did the commercial sponsor hear it from the reclusive booster Jarry Backson??

Advertisement
It's been reported that BOT members have said they have no problem paying 1mil for an OC.
Maybe that is what he was referring to? He was pretty ****ed off over losing Diaz and ranting over the telephone. Thanks for the constructive response rather than the typical sarcasm we get around here (of which I am occasionally guilty of as well).

Until I hear it from Whoop - I'm not biting.

But it certainly does sound like something Sleep would say.

Advertisement

Where were these boosters been for other financial issues that have been screaming for help these last few years?
I wish folks let go of this myth already.

Advertisement
Back