Rumor Did I Just Read UNC is UNDERDOG to App St??

Advertisement
So for two weeks I’ve seen a common theme:

Imo, Maye looks like a better QB than Howell. I mentioned this to another poster during FAMU. I’m looking at pocket presence & ball placement. It’s only 1 1/2 games, but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him.

However, this defense is worn out drawers. They don’t give me a feel of a team that can stop a nose bleed. This UNC team might be a shoot ‘em out version. Defense can’t stop chit, but this O can get white hot.
Their O hasn’t exactly faced the 85 bears either.

I assumed this would be how the game would go. App State would have more energy to start the game and take an early lead, then the athletic advantage of having top 15-ish quality P5 recruits will have a huge impact in the 2nd half, and UNC wins by at least 2 TDs.

Hope I'm wrong because it would be funny to see UNC take an L to the App Store.
I'm so torn watching the ACC games now.

There's part of me that just thinks it's embarrassing that they're in dogfights / losing to these G5 teams... and then there's part of me that finds it hilarious.

It's a shocking look for the conference either way.

Imo, Maye looks like a better QB than Howell. I mentioned this to another poster during FAMU. I’m looking at pocket presence & ball placement. It’s only 1 1/2 games, but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him.

However, this defense is worn out drawers. They don’t give me a feel of a team that can stop a nose bleed. This UNC team might be a shoot ‘em out version. Defense can’t stop chit, but this O can get white hot.
Maye looks good so far. Granted he hasn’t played a decent defense yet. Still though, they’ll be able to score. Big problem for them is that their defense is full of holes. They’re gonna need to score 30+ a game to get to bowl eligibility.

Miami is gonna be a problem for Drake Maye.
wooooo GIF

Advertisement

Hopefully Steeles defense is an improvement over the Diaz D and can keep UNC from putting up a 60 burger again. :hopelessness:

Their O hasn’t exactly faced the 85 bears either.

If we’re going by last season final stats, App St’s defense was a top 35 defense. Also, UNC is w/o their #1 play maker.

There’s a reason y Vegas had the odds where they are. App St may be the best G5 team not named Cincy in the nation.

I know it’s taboo to be objective on this site, but again, from what I see from ball placement & pocket presence, Maye “looks” better than Howell thus far.

Great ball placement and footwork from Maye. Guy can sling it. Some of those throws though, against a better secondary, are getting picked off.

Advertisement
If we’re going by last season final stats, App St’s defense was a top 35 defense. Also, UNC is w/o their #1 play maker.

There’s a reason y Vegas had the odds where they are. App St may be the best G5 team not named Cincy in the nation.

I know it’s taboo to be objective on this site, but again, from what I see from ball placement & pocket presence, Maye “looks” better than Howell thus far.

On the flip side, Searles has been there long enough that his ****tiness as an OL coach and recruiter should become very apparent. Let's see what happens when UNC faces a quality pass rush.

UNC is going to score points on the teams they play. Maye is a good QB and is good on the run. This will be another tough game against them. We can score on them but how much can we stop them

Maye can play. he is just getting his feet wet

Advertisement
Maye definitely looks good. Not trying to overreact or anything. But looks like unc got another good arm

I'm not a bettor, but this is why you can make a lot of money in the first couple games of the season. Oddsmakers are just making wild guesses. I'd have put a lot on UNC and UF.

Advertisement
The Sun Belt belt has positioned itself to be the 6th best conf some years in the next playoff scenario. Great additions in Old Dominion, James Madison and Marshall. Southern Miss is a great fit geographically. But we shall see if they improve.

Advertisement
Back