Did Butch have to deal with the issues with local coaches?

Torocane

Senior
If you look at the list of starters and contributors from the 2001 team.
A lot of them were from out of state. Maybe Buch had the BS to deal with and he just went around them and created a winning team with out their support.

Dorsey-QB
Reed-DB
Shockey-TE
Mckinnie-OL
Haji-Rousali-OL
Dj.Williams-LB
J.Lewis-DB
M.Bibla-DB
B.Romberg-OL
Wilkins-OL
Campbell-LB
Clark-LB
Green-DE
C.Green-DE
D.jones-WR
R.williams-TE

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The best evaluator of talent that the college football world has ever seen didn't have to kiss the asses of local high school coaches to get their pampered 5* players. He did fine on his own scouring the entire country for nasty talent.

Advertisement
Honestly I just feel like trolling the **** out of this thread til the title is changed. Must be the aftereffects of last night.

Butch was just a good developer of talent and a great recruiter. Dude made a UNC D look like an SEC D if they did not have those suspensions they would of made noise that year. The whole firing of Shannon and Ice has messed up relations somehow, I dont understand why anyones mad at Golden for it. RS did not do the job correctly period.

Butch was just a good developer of talent and a great recruiter. Dude made a UNC D look like an SEC D if they did not have those suspensions they would of made noise that year. The whole firing of Shannon and Ice has messed up relations somehow, I dont understand why anyones mad at Golden for it. RS did not do the job correctly period.

Seriously! How you mad at the new guy, who, as far as we know has done everything possible to build good relations is beyond me. If you mad - be mad at your boy Shannon for ******** this thing up so bad. Is there an honest bone in any of these coaches bodies? And, if not, how in the world are these guys in these leadership positions?

Or maybe it was just easier for them to have a bad coach (RS) and friend here because he made them "feel" better. At some point in time, that gets old too... like in year FOUR!

Advertisement
i would like to see Golden have a anti South Florida plan next year in other words make recruits show love to UM first to get any offer...i don't care if over half our class is from out of state

we should be waiting on the phone with our **** in our hand on maybe a couple recruits we should have only 2 spots left this late in the process

Last edited:
You know some of you all on here arejust as racist as the coaches yall talk about? First thing that you say is " the black coach" wow.....

Advertisement
Those teams were more reflective of the UM student body. A good portion from south Florida, but a lot from all over the country/world. Kids who wanted to be there. Who understood that it was special.

Those teams were more reflective of the UM student body. A good portion from south Florida, but a lot from all over the country/world. Kids who wanted to be there. Who understood that it was special.

Good point

I agree with the OP. Butch recruited athletic speed guys who only needed a chance to be coached and do their thing. Period. Didn't matter if they were from the 305 - he found lots of project kids and coached them up. Ive yet to see anything out of Golden that is contrary to this method. He's giving local kids his best shot and if it isn't enough love for them and their coaches - what are we to do?

I'm not sure why most Cane fans are pitching fits over some of the prima donnas this year. We win some and we lose some. I personally do not want the ones that seek all this attention talent or not.....there are some definite headcases among them From what we know (or can surmise from recent events) - putting all our eggs in this one basket is not a stable, well thought out plan.

Advertisement
Back