Did anyone hear

The broadcaster during our game talking about candidates? Butch was on the list and he said "you got to think that's unrealistic".

Both of those guys sounded like they'd been drinking the entire day. At one point, one said Miami had been walking around dejected since the Duke loss. Then realized what he said and there was dead air for a solid 8 seconds. Top notch stuff.

If you're looking for meaningful opinions on our coaching search, two random dip****s who barely know our starting players' names aren't likely to be the sources. Not to mention they mentioned all "former Miami" guys, suggested Cristobal, and didn't say anything about Herman or Fuente. It's lazy.

Advertisement
The broadcaster during our game talking about candidates? Butch was on the list and he said "you got to think that's unrealistic".

Both of those guys sounded like they'd been drinking the entire day. At one point, one said Miami had been walking around dejected since the Duke loss. Then realized what he said and there was dead air for a solid 8 seconds. Top notch stuff.

If you're looking for meaningful opinions on our coaching search, two random dip****s who barely know our starting players' names aren't likely to be the sources. Not to mention they mentioned all "former Miami" guys, suggested Cristobal, and didn't say anything about Herman or Fuente. It's lazy.

I've often pondered the life of announcers. Come into the city on Wed/Thur. Brought up to speed by researchers and college interns. Taste the town offerings. Spout nonsensical ramblings like the above and not believing in momentum (Gary Danielson). Would be a great career change. Alas, those jobs are typically given to people, ya know, in sports.

Last edited:
Yeah, those comments really ****ed me off. They basically annointed Cristobal the front runner while dismissing Butch as a joke and didn't even mention Herman or Fuente as possibilities. Apparently we can only hire guys who have coached here before or Charlie Strong.

Advertisement
Worst list I've ever heard/seen

Chud
Mario
Schiano
Butch - Only one I would take
Strong

lol

This.

Apparently this was on ESPN

CTz1bz3UwAAy3mu.jpg

I have concerns regarding Butch, but I would take him everyday and twice on Sunday over the other corches listed.

I hope to god our search isn't limited to these guys.

Worst list I've ever heard/seen

Chud
Mario
Schiano
Butch - Only one I would take
Strong

lol

This.

Apparently this was on ESPN

CTz1bz3UwAAy3mu.jpg

I have concerns regarding Butch, but I would take him everyday and twice on Sunday over the other corches listed.

I hope to god our search isn't limited to these guys.
The only hope we have is that the season hasn't ended yet and they haven't reached out to other coaches. But if that list is it, then the search should be considered a spectacular failure.

But I think they will reach out to others. No way it stops at that list.

Will Mario wear the blue U equipment shirt like Scott? 99% of Texas high schools are run more professionally then UM's.

But can the people who work at high schools in Texas tell the difference between "than" and "then"?

Advertisement
Real bad work by congemi considering he lives in ft lauderdale and covered us for years. Add to it his constant d-ck riding of unc I'd say he got his direction from the ESPN higher ups. Congemi was riding unc back up qb you'd think that kid was a award finalist.
I died when I heard my Miami team had been sleep walking since the duke loss...a game we won..and the fact we just came off of a win against uva.

Them dudes were literally sh-tfaced Ron burgundy reading off the TelePrompTer today...we sucked but they refused to acknowledge anything good or the penalty discrepancy..

Those comments aren't just their opinions, it's most peoples . He's perceived as toxic or dirty .

He was thrown under the bus for the unc mess, his name was slandered . The only thing people remember is a huge cheating scandal and him getting fired, they're linked forever. People don't care how many letters he has from the NCAA or that it went on 20+ years. He's guilty in the publics eyes.

Oh, it's not just media and fans. You can bet college administrators think the same way.

That's why he's on south Florida radio politicking for the job, he knows he has some connections left here. He can get a somewhat fair shot at this job . Which might be his last chance at a big job.

That type of cheating would never take place under Roy Williams, dad gummit! Those are all good ol' Tarheel boys who were corrupted by that evil interloper from ThugU.

Advertisement

We lost to Duke?

Advertisement
It seems everybody has something to say.
Most out there know less about Miami than most on this site.
Scary.

Last edited:

We lost to Duke?

That's the point. He confused himself and had nowhere to go.

After everything that has happened, I've become a full paranoid. I even had thoughts of ACC Commish
Swoford calling UM, telling them that Butch would be a bad choice for the conference.

Advertisement
Back