Did anyone hear

Cribby

All-American
Premium
The broadcaster during our game talking about candidates? Butch was on the list and he said "you got to think that's unrealistic".

Advertisement
made a crack about Butch and the NC fans would "find that interesting". Really unprofessional by Congemi who has covered Miami forever.

Advertisement
made a crack about Butch and the NC fans would "find that interesting". Really unprofessional by Congemi who has covered Miami forever.

I heard that too.

Not saying it's wrong or right but that's Butchs perception. That's why teams aren't beating down his door.

Last edited:
Its not surprising that people around the nation think the notion of us hiring Butch is laughable. It would be a horrible higher.

Worst list I've ever heard/seen

Chud
Mario
Schiano
Butch - Only one I would take
Strong

lol

The broadcaster during our game talking about candidates? Butch was on the list and he said "you got to think that's unrealistic".

I did. I also heard Chris Speilman (however it's spelled) say during the Clemson game that Golden deserved another year.

I heard the same broadcaster in our game today suggest that Mario should get the job outright, not just be a candidate. I heard his broadcasting partner say a much more positive stance on Butch which I would prefer to believe but that's just my bias.

Moral of the story is that the broadcasters don't know squat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The college world is TRULY not READY for UM to build, again, another dynasty. That is what Butch means to them, so they want a safe potentially good choice, a la Wario.

It's really just that simple.

We can call it the "Mario" Test. Anyone suggesting him is a ******* idiot talking head who knows **** about anything and can be written off forever.

It should be:

Surprises (Chip, Gundy Pete Carroll)
Up and comers with decent pedigree (Fuente, Herman)
Butch

In that order for consideration. Anything less is a clown show.

Am so sick and tired of these clowns (probably with encouragement from our admins) trying to push effing Mario down our throats. He sucked at FIU, and he hasn't done well at Bama.What makes ANYONE think he's such a slamdunk hire for this school? He'll be Cuban Al and we will continue to SUCK even WORSE (if that's even possible) than we do now! I'm just sick and tired of all this damned Beanerdick talk. If he's hired that will end my association with this damned crummy school.

Advertisement
Am so sick and tired of these clowns (probably with encouragement from our admins) trying to push effing Mario down our throats. He sucked at FIU, and he hasn't done well at Bama.What makes ANYONE think he's such a slamdunk hire for this school? He'll be Cuban Al and we will continue to SUCK even WORSE (if that's even possible) than we do now! I'm just sick and tired of all this damned Beanerdick talk. If he's hired that will end my association with this damned crummy school.

Emails to bot and both prez/AD, if you think it's worth it

Those comments aren't just their opinions, it's most peoples . He's perceived as toxic or dirty .

He was thrown under the bus for the unc mess, his name was slandered . The only thing people remember is a huge cheating scandal and him getting fired, they're linked forever. People don't care how many letters he has from the NCAA or that it went on 20+ years. He's guilty in the publics eyes.

Oh, it's not just media and fans. You can bet college administrators think the same way.

That's why he's on south Florida radio politicking for the job, he knows he has some connections left here. He can get a somewhat fair shot at this job . Which might be his last chance at a big job.

Advertisement

Emails to bot and both prez/AD, if you think it's worth it

Have done that already. Got the usual form letter back from that *** Flake.

Those comments aren't just their opinions, it's most peoples . He's perceived as toxic or dirty .

He was thrown under the bus for the unc mess, his name was slandered . The only thing people remember is a huge cheating scandal and him getting fired, they're linked forever. People don't care how many letters he has from the NCAA or that it went on 20+ years. He's guilty in the publics eyes.

Oh, it's not just media and fans. You can bet college administrators think the same way.

That's why he's on south Florida radio politicking for the job, he knows he has some connections left here. He can get a somewhat fair shot at this job . Which might be his last chance at a big job.

I think this is fairly accurate except, I don't think we are his only option, but I do believe we might be his only option at a major program. His reputation was destroyed by the UNC thing, and their AD resigning and taking down Butch on the way out was one of the most classless moves I've ever seen by an administrator.

The broadcaster was Congemi who lives in miami and has called cane games for years but knows about the canes as much as someone living in australia.Dude is clueless.

Will Mario wear the blue U equipment shirt like Scott? 99% of Texas high schools are run more professionally then UM's.

Advertisement
Back