Diaz Talking Defense

We should be ahead in identifying these kids first and getting on them before any other programs. With Richt at the helm I'm confident we will get this fixed. He knows from being at FSU how important SFla players can be to the success of a program. You can see this in his recruiting of Michel, Charles & Jean-Gilles at UGA. Now that he's home I think we will lead on the kids we were playing catch up with for the past 10-13yrs(ouch, hurts to type that). He and the staff know the advantage he has with location and won't squander it. We ain't taking a back seat to the SEC anymore. Saban should be concerned about Bama boys wanting to play for the Canes, that's the way it's suppose to be. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Bruh that's not a ton of talent. Go pull up fsu roster on defense or even clemson. And norton was a 4 star at og not at dt.

This they dont understand recruited.......being recruited by bama like did they really really want u? Did fsu really really want u?? Thats being recruited for me, if your a plan c for bama dont come with me with that nationally recruited bs. I know bama wanted richards bad burns bush.......who else thomas and willis?

The problem is that there are so many holes in our depth chart that have not been filled for MULTIPLE years.
Using 247 sports I checked our DB recruiting...CB, ATH, and Safety...
Since 2011 nationally recruited players we have gotten(this is a 6 year span to include 2016):
Deon Bush (Gone, injuries + inconsistency)
Tracy Howard (Gone, not as good as advertised)
Artie Burns (Gone, under utilized)
Kiy Hester (Gone)
Corn Elder (Lone brightspot)

In 6 years we have only gotten 5 DB's (which occupy 4 positions on the field at the least). 3 of em were considered top 10 talent and didn't really have much to show for it. Most of our depth players were guys who were rated 40th or worse.

While on the flip side we lost 2 plan A CB's at the last minute 2 years in a row (Marcus Lewis to FSU and Tyler Byrd) who could have competed for a starting position HERE, while at the schools they went to they are red shirted and saved for when the upperclassman graduate.

I dont want to be the one to bring it up but most of us fans saw this and wanted butch because of so many bad evals. I trust evals when saban goes to a kids house like Richards, slim chance Richards is a bust or Juedy. Whoever saban comes to sfla for and hes there option A i want them on miamis roster dont care about the stars. If saban goes balls out for a four star wr i want them, theres a reason saban never made tracy howard a prioritythat right there should of bee a red flag. But whats done is done ihope Howard balls out in the nfl but im not expecting much with the speed of the pro game
So UM shouldn't go after guys unless Saban wants them badly?

No im saying i usually measure a recruit like that proven prograns like lsu bama and fsu sending the bank at that player. Thats when i say **** hes gotta be thereal deal, the u turn onthe film and sabans evals at wr and db are great. When u watch the film your like OK that kid is the real deal. Just because aomeone hokd a bama offer doesn't mean bama really wants them is all im saying. People shouldnt go by that

For example Amari Cooper went under the radar until he camped at UM then whenu watched him u saw the best player in sfla imo that year. Then when saban found him he sent the house because he saw what many saw. It just validates the greatness of that player for me. We have guys on this roster he wanted bad burns was one bush thomas, disnt follow willis recruitment but i know lsowanted him bad. Jaquan onlyuf wanted bad and i questioned his skillset at this level andsaban neber threw the bank at him. Just saying people got to look at beyond the rankongs sometimes, i believe in rankings when its two months before nsd because u know whos really after who.

I just hate when people say we r stacked when we dont even have a miami caliber running back on the roster.

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

This defense is populated by a ton of talent that was nationally recruited by every big time program you could think of. Most of that talent is concentrated in the front 7.

Unproven talent, yes, but talent nonetheless

Ain't no excuse for not being a dominant defense this year. NONE.

Bruh that's not a ton of talent. Go pull up fsu roster on defense or even clemson. And norton was a 4 star at og not at dt.

This they dont understand recruited.......being recruited by bama like did they really really want u? Did fsu really really want u?? Thats being recruited for me, if your a plan c for bama dont come with me with that nationally recruited bs. I know bama wanted richards bad burns bush.......who else thomas and willis?

The problem is that there are so many holes in our depth chart that have not been filled for MULTIPLE years.
Since 2011 nationally recruited players we have gotten(this is a 6 year span to include 2016):
Kiy Hester (Gone)

In 6 years we have only gotten 5 DB's (which occupy 4 positions on the field at the least). 3 of em were considered top 10 talent and didn't really have much to show for it. Most of our depth players were guys who were rated 40th or worse.

While on the flip side we lost 2 plan A CB's at the last minute 2 years in a row (Marcus Lewis to FSU and Tyler Byrd) who could have competed for a starting position HERE, while at the schools they went to they are red shirted and saved for when the upperclassman graduate.

I dont want to be the one to bring it up but most of us fans saw this and wanted butch because of so many bad evals. I trust evals when saban goes to a kids house like Richards, slim chance Richards is a bust or Juedy. Whoever saban comes to sfla for and hes there option A i want them on miamis roster dont care about the stars. If saban goes balls out for a four star wr i want them, theres a reason saban never made tracy howard a prioritythat right there should of bee a red flag. But whats done is done ihope Howard balls out in the nfl but im not expecting much with the speed of the pro game

Don't forget Urban wanted Bruce....

pretty impressed with this guy, love how he says that the scheme was the blanket excuse that covered other issues like players not being as good as advertised or not putting forth the effort,

Advertisement
5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

This defense is populated by a ton of talent that was nationally recruited by every big time program you could think of. Most of that talent is concentrated in the front 7.

Kiy Hester (Gone)

You realize Saban makes as many bad evaluations as anyone.
He just massively over signs each year and pushes out the ones that don't develop.
Sabans "magic" is that apart from one article he never gets any criticism for it.

Kiy Hester (Gone)

He just massively over signs each year and pushes out the ones that don't develop.
Sabans "magic" is that apart from one article he never gets any criticism for it.

Yea but his fronts makes his secondary look beastly, his guys aint great nfl players but who cares. Butch was better than anyone hes the only guy over saban. MR is good and im hoping he turns elite with location

We should be ahead in identifying these kids first and getting on them before any other programs. With Richt at the helm I'm confident we will get this fixed. He knows from being at FSU how important SFla players can be to the success of a program. You can see this in his recruiting of Michel, Charles & Jean-Gilles at UGA. Now that he's home I think we will lead on the kids we were playing catch up with for the past 10-13yrs(ouch, hurts to type that). He and the staff know the advantage he has with location and won't squander it. We ain't taking a back seat to the SEC anymore. Saban should be concerned about Bama boys wanting to play for the Canes, that's the way it's suppose to be. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

With an i.proved season or even defense looking great the this happens. We can lose four games and have a nasty defense and kids will see it and come

I'm

Kiy Hester (Gone)

Yea but his fronts makes his secondary look beastly, his guys aint great nfl players but who cares. Butch was better than anyone hes the only guy over saban. MR is good and im hoping he turns elite with location

I see you understood nothing of what I said.

Decoding Nick Saban's surprising diatribe in defense of oversigning | SI.com

So I'll leave this here and maybe you will figure it out.

Advertisement
"They have walked around as if they are not the problem and some of them may be and some of them may not be. That is really what this spring is about—who is really good enough to be here and get Miami to where it should be?”

Oh my
good quote except you missed this part -

We are not trying to make this about scheme. We are trying to make this about personnel. All we have heard about is scheme, scheme, scheme. The scheme is not going to save us.

i think this is pretty important. tells you bottom line we are going to need better players over the next few years.

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

It's a ton of talent compared to almost every team on our schedule. And that's all that matters. You put up great defensive numbers against the teams on your schedule, not against the top 5 teams in college football, especially when you don't play them.

So true franchise!

At the very least we shouldn't be getting AS$$ RAPED by the Duke's, UVA, and Cinci's of the world with the defense talent and what appears a major upgrade in the defensive coaching staff. Will we still drop a few sure but I expect and huge improvement in overall defensive play. No excuse we have a suitable amount of talent. Praying for health🙏🙏

At the very least we shouldn't be getting AS$$ RAPED by the Duke's, UVA, and Cinci's of the world with the defense talent and what appears a major upgrade in the defensive coaching staff. Will we still drop a few sure but I expect and huge improvement in overall defensive play. No excuse we have a suitable amount of talent. Praying for health

Agree 305,
This defense will have a different mentality from previous defenses,and will be vasty improved.
I agree that there should be an overall improvement in our Dl play.

Advertisement
Back