Diaz provides injury and team updates ahead of UVA matchup

Would a player rather be on schalorship or an undrafted nobody draft pick trying to work his way up, remember this, those who go undrafted are not only fighting an uphill battle against the guys drafted the year they came out, but many of the undrafted are already technically behind the next year's draft of those players already as well which is why many undrafted players fade away quick, if a player is undrafted and is not making plays in any camps, time to start looking for work!

Advertisement
At this point, wide receiver practice should mainly be contested catches. Blades and Ivey against the wide receivers. You can throw couch in there too. Whoever makes the most contested catches starts.

Kids are ignoring the data because the environment around the program and the losing sucks. I’m sure money is a motive too of course

Why do we seem like we have such a struggle every year convincing our players not to overlook opponents? We shouldn't be overlooking anyone after going 6-7 and losing to such dreck and then getting anally punished into submission by Clemson. Yet here we are every week with Diaz talking about how we need to caution against overlooking ______(fill in the average/subpar team). If we keep struggling with this, then it's pretty clear that the leadership just isn't doing what they need to do and can't seem to push the right buttons.

Clemson gets up for UM at a fever pitch. Next week is going to be a let down against GT right? Nope. They are even better against GT and hang 73 on the board. ***** has managed to set a standard in that program demanding focus and tenacity every week regardless of the opponent.

That's what this year is all about to me. Can Diaz finally turn the tide and get this team focused and breathing fire every week? It shouldn't be hard, as we've done nothing that should make us feel like we can get complacent. Usually, teams that have accomplished something struggle with complacency after their accomplishments. We've done nothing.

Why do we seem like we have such a struggle every year convincing our players not to overlook opponents? We shouldn't be overlooking anyone after going 6-7 and losing to such dreck and then getting anally punished into submission by Clemson. Yet here we are every week with Diaz talking about how we need to caution against overlooking ______(fill in the average/subpar team). If we keep struggling with this, then it's pretty clear that the leadership just isn't doing what they need to do and can't seem to push the right buttons.

Clemson gets up for UM at a fever pitch. Next week is going to be a let down against GT right? Nope. They are even better against GT and hang 73 on the board. ***** has managed to set a standard in that program demanding focus and tenacity every week regardless of the opponent.

That's what this year is all about to me. Can Diaz finally turn the tide and get this team focused and breathing fire every week? It shouldn't be hard, as we've done nothing that should make us feel like we can get complacent. Usually, teams that have accomplished something struggle with complacency after their accomplishments. We've done nothing.

To me, the cultural mindset is different. Miami is all about the bling, so they'll get up for those rivalry games and Game Day games. Clemson is all about winning on every single snap, being better than everyone you are put up against.

You have been on fire, my friend. Lol

Advertisement
To me, the cultural mindset is different. Miami is all about the bling, so they'll get up for those rivalry games and Game Day games. Clemson is all about winning on every single snap, being better than everyone you are put up against.
Which is a problem, and it bites us. That’s a culture problem. We used to look at every team as a problem & make it known, not just to that opponent, but the entire nation What The U was all about.

100% agree.

The only thing that is hard though, is to be committed to this type of hard work, tenacity, and excellence. That’s what it takes, and to get there you need talent that wants to commit to that.

It’s up to the coaches to find the right talent and then to nurture that tenacity. Unfortunately, it’s not an overnight process as ***** has shown.

What we need to be seeing are incremental steps to get to that ultimate result...and there will be hiccups along the way.

Is Manny the guy to make this thorough culture change? We’ll have a better idea as the year progresses and at the end of the year where hopefully we can objectively say “yea or nay” to seeing improved incremental steps.

I do think Manny is smart enough to realize what needs to be done, I just don’t know if he can do it. But hopefully I will have a better idea in January.

Need a culture determined to win every play. This team can not afford to even take plays lightly much less a game.

Advertisement

Maybe we aren't that good ...

100% agree.

The only thing that is hard though, is to be committed to this type of hard work, tenacity, and excellence. That’s what it takes, and to get there you need talent that wants to commit to that.

It’s up to the coaches to find the right talent and then to nurture that tenacity. Unfortunately, it’s not an overnight process as ***** has shown.

What we need to be seeing are incremental steps to get to that ultimate result...and there will be hiccups along the way.

Is Manny the guy to make this thorough culture change? We’ll have a better idea as the year progresses and at the end of the year where hopefully we can objectively say “yea or nay” to seeing improved incremental steps.

I do think Manny is smart enough to realize what needs to be done, I just don’t know if he can do it. But hopefully I will have a better idea in January.
After all these years of hearing about bad culture at UM and the new guy cleaning it up (but not really), I’ve come to the conclusion that bad culture is a crutch that failing coaches use to excuse their failure.

The top coaches are never yammering about culture; if there are issues, they get them cleaned up in year one. The successful ones are never struggling with culture two years in.

These upcoming games against these average/mediocre opponents will either vindicate Diaz or be his demise. If we can’t drop pellets on some of these floundering teams without their QB it’ll be telling.

After all these years of hearing about bad culture at UM and the new guy cleaning it up (but not really), I’ve come to the conclusion that bad culture is a crutch that failing coaches use to excuse their failure.

The top coaches are never yammering about culture; if there are issues, they get them cleaned up in year one. The successful ones are never struggling with culture two years in.

These upcoming games against these average/mediocre opponents will either vindicate Diaz or be his demise. If we can’t drop pellets on some of these floundering teams without their QB it’ll be telling.

Bad culture is real. Just because it’s been used as an excuse, doesn’t make it less of an issue. It’s just that no one has been able to fix it.

But it’s still a problem that has to be fixed. You either do or you don’t...and it took Dabo more than a year to fix it, if you look at winning as one measure.

I’m not saying that Manny should get that long, I still have my doubts about him, I’m saying we should see some changes this year, if the culture is improving. And if it is improving, we should see indications of it, along with the wins.

My concern is we still have some culture issues, like complacency after modest success for example. It happens every year.

But make no mistake, establishing a winning culture is crucial, because there are always distractions and a natural tendency to pull people away to take the easy way.

Also, it’s something you relentlessly have to work on even after you’ve succeeded. Saban is an insufferable human being, but his lack of satisfaction and constant anger at overlooked details, sets the tone for a culture of relentless perfectionism and tireless effort (along with 4-deep five stars) which leads to their continued winning.

Last edited:
No talk of Chaney injury, so good sign.
Typical NCAA incompetence. Still not giving anyone guidance on what to do with the 25 player cap.
I was thinking the same but then reality set in. Manny not always forthcoming with injuries. So I will wait and see on Sat.

Advertisement
No school is dropping bags to keep 6th round kids from leaving early. Maybe they’re enticing projected first rounders to stick around but the kids leaving Miami early to get picked late or not at all wouldn’t be getting a penny to stick around. Could you imagine Trajan Bandy felling Nick Saban “I’m leaving early if I can’t get some money”? He laugh at him.

Bad culture is real. Just because it’s been used as an excuse, doesn’t make it less of an issue. It’s just that no one has been able to fix it.

But it’s still a problem that has to be fixed. You either do or you don’t...and it took Dabo more than a year to fix it, if you look at winning as one measure.

I’m not saying that Manny should get that long, I still have my doubts about him, I’m saying we should see some changes this year, if the culture is improving. And if it is improving, we should see indications of it, along with the wins.

My concern is we still have some culture issues, like complacency after modest success for example. It happens every year.

But make no mistake, establishing a winning culture is crucial, because there are always distractions and a natural tendency to pull people away to take the easy way.

Also, it’s something you relentlessly have to work on even after you’ve succeeded. Saban is an insufferable human being, but his lack of satisfaction and constant anger at overlooked details, sets the tone for a culture of relentless perfectionism and tireless effort (along with 4-deep five stars) which leads to their continued winning.
Winners establish winning cultures very quickly. Losers can't.

There's no question that losing teams have bad cultures, but it's because they're losing and have horrible leadership from the top. Look at what the top coaches do when they take over floundering programs. They get the culture stuff fixed. Quickly.

Advertisement
No school is dropping bags to keep 6th round kids from leaving early. Maybe they’re enticing projected first rounders to stick around but the kids leaving Miami early to get picked late or not at all wouldn’t be getting a penny to stick around. Could you imagine Trajan Bandy felling Nick Saban “I’m leaving early if I can’t get some money”? He laugh at him.
The bag programs are dropping the bags to get the right players in the first place, not dropping them to keep 7th rounders around.

Alex Leatherwood gets a stay bag.

There's no one in this program in recent memory who would get one. LOL. BIG LOL.

Winners establish winning cultures very quickly. Losers can't.

There's no question that losing teams have bad cultures, but it's because they're losing and have horrible leadership from the top. Look at what the top coaches do when they take over floundering programs. They get the culture stuff fixed. Quickly.

Not so sure how quick that is. Even took Saban a couple of years. Dabo longer than that.

Where do you think Manny is at?

Advertisement
Back