Diaz on the defense

View as article

Problem2

All-American
Premium
A 'Canes homecoming begins for Miami DC Manny Diaz

"We didn't come here to wait five years to get this thing rolling," Diaz said. "The first thing we have to do is this has to look like a Miami defense. People from here know what that means. The biggest compliment I can be paid is someone saying 'It looks like the Canes again.'"

Diaz is already giving fans something they've wanted for years, a 4-3 scheme. Whether the Hurricanes have the personnel to make it work in 2016 will remain unknown for months, but the defense already has several mandates from its new coordinator — they will play fast, they will play aggressively and freelancing, which has been a huge issue for years, simply won't be permitted.

"We have to get the players to raise their expectation, to be honest," Diaz said. "They have to raise their level of their own accountability and their accountability to their teammates, because that is what's let them down in the past."

Lets ride gents :U5PyXda:

Advertisement
sweet-baby-jesus.jpg

"We didn't come here to wait five years to get this thing rolling," Diaz said. "The first thing we have to do is this has to look like a Miami defense. People from here know what that means. The biggest compliment I can be paid is someone saying 'It looks like the Canes again.'"

Diaz is already giving fans something they've wanted for years, a 4-3 scheme. Whether the Hurricanes have the personnel to make it work in 2016 will remain unknown for months, but the defense already has several mandates from its new coordinator — they will play fast, they will play aggressively and freelancing, which has been a huge issue for years, simply won't be permitted.

"We have to get the players to raise their expectation, to be honest," Diaz said. "They have to raise their level of their own accountability and their accountability to their teammates, because that is what's let them down in the past."

Lets ride gents :U5PyXda:

i cannot wait, we had way too much read and react or sit back and hope for the offense to make a mistake with noD

im not here to bash the previous staff, they did a pretty good job of that on their own

but lets get after the QB people .... AND FORCE THE OTHER TEAM TO MAKE MISTAKES

instead of hoping they make a mistake

hoping for a mistake is how you give up 58 points, and none of us ever want to see that again

Advertisement
Diaz on the defense

Lets ride gents :4e49C5euykr1O.jpg:

Diaz on the defense

chad thomas will shine in the 4-3

i cant wait

I played DE in a similar Defense as last year because we had to protect the small LB's and slow safeties. Understandable in a DII team. Not acceptable for a Miami team even with the Cloud. Every new coach talks big in their first spring. What kind of D was Diaz running when he got run out of Texas?

Advertisement
I don't think freelancing was an issue the last few years. The problem was players doing exactly what they were told to do, and it simply didn't work.

Diaz on the defense

This guy believes in "winning the press conference" thats for **** sure. He can get any fan base fired up with his quotes. I like what im hearing so far.

When you are confused you play slow. As said many times that defense run by golden and company was horrible.

Love the "looks like the Canes again" as the biggest compliment comment. I can't stand "The U" branding. We haven't won diddlysquat as the U. We dominated as the C-A-N-E-S CANES! Hope they coach like Canes and play like Canes.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Biggest problem with prior staff is that the coaches did not trust the players and likewise.

Advertisement
I firmly believe we will see a big change in the attitude and play of our defensive players for the good. Is it me, cause it appears Diaz desires more being disruptive at the LOS compared to gap integrity, that so DIFFERENT from our past DC and HC.

Love the "looks like the Canes again" as the biggest compliment comment. I can't stand "The U" branding. We haven't won diddlysquat as the U. We dominated as the C-A-N-E-S CANES! Hope they coach like Canes and play like Canes.

Go Canes!

The U is iconic..not just a "brand'

We got the talent! Work their asses off and let them go at it! I'll probably get a damned speeding ticket on 75 getting down to the spring game.

Advertisement
Back