Diaz on the Cusp of returning "Gary Ferman"

If he isn't fired not only will this recruiting class stink but next years class will also be awful. He will be a lame duck coach ready to be fired and we will once again have another down recruiting class. Need to fire him now and move on. Plenty of quality candidates I'd take over him. Cristobal, Lane, Stoops, Fickel, Aranda, Campbell, Herman or Napier. Plenty options out there that would be a major improvement.
Exactly. You honestly can't bring him back without extending his contract. Too much damage has already been done for him to be able to recruit at all. We all know how absurd an extension would be.

I tend to think Ferman is just dead wrong. That's much easier to believe than Manny coming back.

Advertisement
So the guy who hired Diaz in less time than Amazon Prime deliveries, got fired after Diaz lost to a rival and blew the Coastal title. Then a new guy gets hired and…likes Diaz also? When “money is not an object?”

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

If in the entire United States of America, **** the world, they truly think Manny Diaz is the best option for this team next season, then that room is most certainly not filled with winners. And look at the last 20 years, they do and have lost. This school needs to quit peddling propaganda and do their god**** jobs, or I’ll support a program that does.

You don’t hire a coach for one season.

I’m not saying Manny will be back next year. I think it’s more likely he’s gone.

But the people making this decision don’t *** around. They’re not going to make a move unless it’s a winning move long term for the program. You can’t win a bidding war against Nike if Mario doesn’t want to come home… and some may not be convinced Mario is worth a bidding war against Nike.

There is a scenario where we can’t get the right guy this year - no matter how much money is spent - because of all the other jobs that are open… at schools where nobody doubts the sincerity of their all-in commitment to success.

Again - I’m not saying Manny will be back.

I’m saying that the people that are now running the show will make the best possible long term decisions to make Miami elite again.

Advertisement
That's what was being negotiated last week as far as I know. Only way I'd see that even possibly change is if Mario doesn't budge from the 7 years @ 7 and change annually he's asking for while we're trying to do 5 years and 6 and change. From my understanding we have wiggle room and at the end of the day will give in if he demands that.

That's what was being negotiated last week as far as I know. Only way I'd see that even possibly change is if Mario doesn't budge from the 7 years @ 7 and change annually he's asking for while we're trying to do 5 years and 6 and change. From my understanding we have wiggle room and at the end of the day will give in if he demands that.
But you think Jurich and Zo are a done deal?

Advertisement
You don’t hire a coach for one season.

I’m not saying Manny will be back next year. I think it’s more likely he’s gone.

But the people making this decision don’t *** around. They’re not going to make a move unless it’s a winning move long term for the program. You can’t win a bidding war against Nike if Mario doesn’t want to come home… and some may not be convinced Mario is worth a bidding war against Nike.

There is a scenario where we can’t get the right guy this year - no matter how much money is spent - because of all the other jobs that are open… at schools where nobody doubts the sincerity of their all-in commitment to success.

Again - I’m not saying Manny will be back.

I’m saying that the people that are now running the show will make the best possible long term decisions to make Miami elite again.
The best “long-term decision” UM could make would be to can Manny ASAP. Keeping him another year, derails a second recruiting class, which would set the program back years.

Even if you don’t hire the “perfect” candidate this go around, we can’t afford to maintain the status quo. It’s a solution with zero upside.

As always, appreciate the info, my Gee. I’m confident those details will work out.

Advertisement
And just as we predicted, right on cue the usual suspects are putting out pro Manny propaganda. Manny Sr hard at work.

Don’t even think it’s Manny Sr. doing anything. Access and exclusives are more important to guys like Tiny Tim compared to David Lake, who has been doing the lord’s work all season.

This clown broke the Blake news and do you think it was because he was throwing the admin under the bus all year?

Whether he’s getting 6 and change or 7 in change, we’ll be making him one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in CFB.

Attachments

• EE18A3C5-584A-45B9-A0AE-226E99F2783C.png
    EE18A3C5-584A-45B9-A0AE-226E99F2783C.png
    670.2 KB · Views: 47
Advertisement
The best “long-term decision” UM could make would be to can Manny ASAP. Keeping him another year, derails a second recruiting class, which would set the program back years.

Even if you don’t hire the “perfect” candidate this go around, we can’t afford to maintain the status quo. It’s a solution with zero upside.

This is what I’ve been trying to say.

So old heads haven’t ruined it?

Advertisement
Back