Diaz now a candidate for TEMPLE

Diaz ain't going to loser-*** Temple. Please. Doormat of a program and wouldn't have 10% of the defensive talent he deals with at Miami.

Dude is next in line to be head coach for the Canes. His agent better play smart here and (1) get him a raise and (2) get him a coach-in-waiting designation, so there's no drop-off in recruiting when Richt retires in the coming years.

Source?

Advertisement
Diaz ain't going to loser-*** Temple. Please. Doormat of a program and wouldn't have 10% of the defensive talent he deals with at Miami.

Dude is next in line to be head coach for the Canes. His agent better play smart here and (1) get him a raise and (2) get him a coach-in-waiting designation, so there's no drop-off in recruiting when Richt retires in the coming years.

Again, blown away at the lack of awareness or understanding. I’m convinced the majority of this board is either incredibly wealthy or incredibly poor. I’m sure much more of the latter. How can you not have a concept of money?

Let’s break it down this way. Take your salary. Whatever you make, doing whatever you do. Now someone comes along a says hey, take that salary, multiply it by 2.5, and come work with me. Anyone who says no to that is, again, very rich and doesn’t need the money. Or very poor and $22k a year really isn’t much different than $55k a year.

Manny is neither. He’s making $1M a season. It’s incredibly difficult to come home and look your wife in the eyes and tell her you said no to $2.5M. I don’t care how ****** the people on CIS think the job is. He may take this job, he may not. But he WILL leave, very soon. He was heavily considered for the DC job at FSU last year. And he was given a raise help him stay. Yes, manny is Miami to his core. But business is business. Family is family. And money talks.

Advertisement
there's been alot of good points in this thread about what he should do, its a gamble to go, its a gamble to stay on a sinking ship as well. You have to figure though that when Mork is fired Manny would be retained by any competent HC unless he's bringing his whole staff, but even then i would keep him for his SoFlo ties. If Mork was fired next week and Butch was hired i'm pretty confident he would keep Manny even though Butch is a defensive guy, Manny has shown this year he can adjust, i like that, its not as easy as yall think.

Advertisement
As bad as Miami's offense was this year..... answer this please

without Diaz and the Canes D, would Richt have gone 7-5 ?

Probably. I could’ve coached the defense and Miami would’ve won 6 games. If I could get my dog to help me, we’d have beaten Pitt. Miami lost games because of Richt. They didn’t win them because of Manny. Miami didn’t beat a good team all year. FSU and UNC were 2 of the worst 20 teams in the country. VT needed a miracle to go .500 and got pounded by Old Dominion. Toledo is ***. FIU? Savannah St? Pitt is the only team with half a pulse. Manny won that game.

without Diaz and the Canes D, would Richt have gone even 7-5 ?

No of course not. But the same could be said about Oklahoma's offense. Their defense was ranked 108th.

Advertisement

without Diaz and the Canes D, would Richt have gone even 7-5 ?

I posted same earlier but have come to my senses

I love him as our DC

But our phones should be ringing off the hook with DCs wanting to coach our defense.

Just hope we can keep Jess and Rumph.
Probably actually frees up a spot for OC since RICHt is allergic to firing people.

For example

DC.
DL. Simpson
LB.
DB. Rumph

OC.

Again, blown away at the lack of awareness or understanding. I’m convinced the majority of this board is either incredibly wealthy or incredibly poor. I’m sure much more of the latter. How can you not have a concept of money?

Let’s break it down this way. Take your salary. Whatever you make, doing whatever you do. Now someone comes along a says hey, take that salary, multiply it by 2.5, and come work with me. Anyone who says no to that is, again, very rich and doesn’t need the money. Or very poor and $22k a year really isn’t much different than $55k a year.

Manny is neither. He’s making $1M a season. It’s incredibly difficult to come home and look your wife in the eyes and tell her you said no to $2.5M. I don’t care how ****** the people on CIS think the job is. He may take this job, he may not. But he WILL leave, very soon. He was heavily considered for the DC job at FSU last year. And he was given a raise help him stay. Yes, manny is Miami to his core. But business is business. Family is family. And money talks.

Agree with this. Also, w/r/t the Temple job, it seems like people think that this is the Temple from the Big East days of the 90s and early 2000s. The last 4 Temple coaches have now gone from there to better jobs (Golden, Addazio, Rhule and Collins). Sure, you're never going to win anything big at Temple, and it's not some great job, but if you can go there, win between 6-8 games, actually get paid around $2 million or more, and use that job to move up to a better job, it's not a terrible decision. For Manny's sake, it may make sense to try and skip that job and go to a UNC/Colorado type opening when something like that inevitably comes open next season, but that's a tough choice to make if he's truly being offered 2.5 times what he's currently making.

this board dont get your reasoning, crucified Butch for doing exactly that, AND he left us loaded like gangbusters, boy what we would pay to have that happen again. Bunch of not so smart ****'s here

Advertisement

lol

Agree with this. Also, w/r/t the Temple job, it seems like people think that this is the Temple from the Big East days of the 90s and early 2000s. The last 4 Temple coaches have now gone from there to better jobs (Golden, Addazio, Rhule and Collins). Sure, you're never going to win anything big at Temple, and it's not some great job, but if you can go there, win between 6-8 games, actually get paid around $2 million or more, and use that job to move up to a better job, it's not a terrible decision. For Manny's sake, it may make sense to try and skip that job and go to a UNC/Colorado type opening when something like that inevitably comes open next season, but that's a tough choice to make if he's truly being offered 2.5 times what he's currently making.

Oddly enough, both of those jobs did come open this year and Manny didn’t get a call for either. But I know you’re saying in general, that “type” of job. You’re correct, though. That’s a risk. I’m sure Manny is very confident he can continue to be successful here and could potentially wait for a job that he really covets. But this is a HC job in a halfway decent conference. This isn’t West Texas. You nailed it, just look at Collins. Parlayed this job into an ACC job. If those aren’t calling for Diaz just yet, he can get a huge raise and wait for a P5 job if he so chooses. Making $2.5M elsewhere > making $1M here if the end goal is to get a P5 HC job. Which, of course, is the end goal. This is inevitable. He’s leaving at some point. Was just hoping it was another year or two. We’ll see.

That's the nicest backhanded compliment I've ever heard.

Advertisement
Back