Diaz looks to develop younger players, hit recruiting hard during bye

View as article
My hot take was the TVD shout out. It's time to prepare him for 2021 in case King goes pro, or at least give him enough of a look to decide if they need a portal QB. We cannot have another 2017-2019 again where we were starting QBs that wouldn't start at most bottom-feeder P5 schools. We cannot survive it.

Other than that, nice to see that Manny is aware of his gaps and is working to fill them. I hope he keeps doing that all the way up until the end of the season and then starts looking to trade up in talent at the coaching spots, too.

Advertisement
I’m not sure if anyone knows does he have the strength to hang in the interior ?
Well we can't really be certain of anything but I know that reports had him practicing at Guard before the season. He's certainly big enough but I'm no expert on projecting OL.

"Diaz said a key focus of this bye week will be to further develop the younger players on the roster"

But according to some people on here there's no such thing as developing players?
Diaz can say anything he wants and that's fine. The problem is that developing players requires much more than lip service.

I agree. But there's porsters here who think that player development is a myth.
It's no myth. However, the development of players is a coaching skill and the problem is that many question the ability of certain coaches to develop talent.

Advertisement
I’m calling Huff as a JAG. If you don’t have the playbook down by now you have a low football IQ. This D isn’t rocket science.
They should still let him play regardless. I mean McCloud knows the defense in and out and is always out of position any **** way. Whats the difference with having Huff playing out of position? At least he may be athletic enough to make a play by mistake.

Gonna be hard to develop the young guys with half of them in quarantine. I suppose it's better over a bye week, but other than that bad timing - as they were just getting some reps.

Advertisement
It’s the job of the coaching staff to coach up these players. They are getting paid big bucks to do one thing. A player should have a system down after a year otherwise you have issues with the player or the coach.

Advertisement
Back