Diaz gives team rundown after Tues. drills

Joyner is probably a better fit at DE but I can't see him getting on the field much with the talent we have and are bringing in at the position.

Advertisement
Your attempt at humor fails.

Don't respond to any of my posts unless you can do better than this.

Because I think he might not be hard enough, doesn’t mean I want him to physically check players or be a 24 hour ***.

To top it off, you’re a fūcking weirdo with your profile picture.
Wow ur aggressive? You ok man?

Advertisement
I think you need to win first before you can act like an *** and get away with it.
Besides being too nice didn't stop Dungy from winning a super bowl.
Last I checked we havent had a guy like Peyton Manning at QB around here since Dorsey and guess what, Dorsey made Clappy look like a great coach for 2 years.

In the end a coach needs respect to get his roster to buy into the program.

Tony Dungy may have been a ‘nice guy’ to the media, but was demanding in the locker room and film room. He didn’t need to yell and scream. Warren Sapp had so much respect for him he was afraid to disappoint him.

Bill Parcells could be a serious hard *** but even a diva like Keyshawn Johnson loved playing for him. Johnson said Parcells always told the truth, be it good or bad. Never lied to him.

A nice guy with no spine attracts and eventually gets brought down by ‘me-first’ players. Larry Coker only succeeded when fortunate to have a team loaded with highly self-motivated leaders, like 2001. As the seasons rolled on there were fewer and fewer of these players on the roster. 12–0 NC becomes 7-6.

An always demanding, constantly yelling guy who lies to your face eventually gets brought down by players longer caring. I don’t think the Canes have had this type of HC since Howard, but we’ve seen teams in CFB and the NFL with these HCs. They don’t last long.

I don’t yet know what type of HC Manny Diaz is. I want to see how (or if) he develops leadership on the roster. D’Eric King does present as a leader the offense looks to, so that bodes well. From Diaz’s press comments there seems to be more players holding each other accountable. Good. Diaz won’t succeed otherwise.
He gets a first year pass.... but after losing to FIU, he looked defeated, not hungry and ****ed.

In the end a coach needs respect to get his roster to buy into the program.

Tony Dungy may have been a ‘nice guy’ to the media, but was demanding in the locker room and film room. He didn’t need to yell and scream. Warren Sapp had so much respect for him he was afraid to disappoint him.

Bill Parcells could be a serious hard *** but even a diva like Keyshawn Johnson loved playing for him. Johnson said Parcells always told the truth, be it good or bad. Never lied to him.

A nice guy with no spine attracts and eventually gets brought down by ‘me-first’ players. Larry Coker only succeeded when fortunate to have a team loaded with highly self-motivated leaders, like 2001. As the seasons rolled on there were fewer and fewer of these players on the roster. 12–0 NC becomes 7-6.

An always demanding, constantly yelling guy who lies to your face eventually gets brought down by players longer caring. I don’t think the Canes have had this type of HC since Howard, but we’ve seen teams in CFB and the NFL with these HCs. They don’t last long.

I don’t yet know what type of HC Manny Diaz is. I want to see how (or if) he develops leadership on the roster. D’Eric King does present as a leader the offense looks to, so that bodes well. From Diaz’s press comments there seems to be more players holding each other accountable. Good. Diaz won’t succeed otherwise.
King transferring in with leadership skills is similar to Larry Coker inheriting Ed Reed and his leadership skills. He didn't mold King into the man he is today. Diaz needs to grow his own young men into leaders, not hope and pray leaders transfer in. A player like King doesn't come along very often. It's a short term solution to potentially a long term problem.

If he can't develop leaders, he's doomed, because players will get lazy and entitled without leadership. Discipline only happens with leadership.

Advertisement
I think you need to win first before you can act like an *** and get away with it.
Besides being too nice didn't stop Dungy from winning a super bowl.
Dungy was more the stoic pro and cited the fact his guys were pros as the reason for his demeanor. He turned the “Succaneers” into a contender and got Peyton over the Super Bowl hump. It worked.

Manny ain’t coaching Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks and Peyton Manning

Anyone who’s ever watched a practice knows Manny can dish it out. Y’all act like he has no coaching experience lol. He had no HC experience before last year, but as DC he’d put everyone in their place.

With media I think he’s trying to walk a fine line with respect to how he carries himself.
The problem was we didn’t see that on the sideline in REAL GAMES.

Way too much of the “far away look” when it mattered.

I hope he fixes it.

I hope he fixes it.
The look on his face when he was milking the clock with 12:30 left against mighty CMU was the saddest thing I had ever seen. Letting the clock run down before calling a timeout.... against CMU.....

King transferring in with leadership skills is similar to Larry Coker inheriting Ed Reed and his leadership skills. He didn't mold King into the man he is today. Diaz needs to grow his own young men into leaders, not hope and pray leaders transfer in. A player like King doesn't come along very often. It's a short term solution to potentially a long term problem.

If he can't develop leaders, he's doomed, because players will get lazy and entitled without leadership. Discipline only happens with leadership.
My reference to King was not to imply he was groomed by Manny. My point was King has those qualities and the roster has lacked real leaders for a long time.,

But you're correct, Manny needs to recognize leadership potential in recruits and provide an environment for those skills to develop. And yes, Manny needs to 'lead from the front'.

Advertisement
My reference to King was not to imply he was groomed by Manny. My point was King has those qualities and the roster has lacked real leaders for a long time.,

But you're correct, Manny needs to recognize leadership potential in recruits and provide an environment for those skills to develop. And yes, Manny needs to 'lead from the front'.
Yes. I was in 100% agreement with you. Backing you up.

I hope he fixes it.
Agreed, but yelling and screaming can get old fast.

My biggest issue with Manny was managing the starting lineup. Starting Patchan over GR15 was ridiculous. Patchan had reached his low ceiling, and GR15's potential was obvious.

Advertisement
Coming from your duck ***. That's a compliment...
The sooner you stop being sensitive to facts the better off you'll be, but keep posting the real ****, like you did with main man on the breakdown, the arrow might start trending up for you!

Agreed, but yelling and screaming can get old fast.

My biggest issue with Manny was managing the starting lineup. Starting Patchan over GR15 was ridiculous. Patchan had reached his low ceiling, and GR15's potential was obvious.
That's why players want to do the right thing, because it gets old being yelled at. There was a reason the players under Butch worked their butts off during the offseason. They didn't want to be on his bad side.

The sooner you stop being sensitive to facts the better off you'll be, but keep posting the real ****, like you did with main man on the breakdown, the arrow might start trending up for you!
My brother you must be standing on your head. If i trend any further up i'll collapse the ozone layer...

Very well written. He puts off a vibe to the media that is comparable to a parent who is trying to be their kids friend instead of their parent. Hopefully behind the scenes the team respects & fears him to a point.
Sometimes you have to lay the wood.

Advertisement
Back