Diaz discusses fallout of UNC loss, home opener, and recruiting

View as article
None of those coaches are going to call a specific player out to the media like that. He did say enough to imply that the secondary screwed up. And basically what I got from what he said was the play worked earlier in the game. That's obviously why it was called again. The second time the guys didn't execute it well and it was a bust. It seemed to me they believed in the play which won't make many people happy.

Actually, in your defense, Baker owned more about that play than did Diaz.

Advertisement
You can’t blame everything on the defensive staff for the defensive failures. There’s a natural drop off when you lose veterans like Jaquan, redwine, Mike Jackson, Willis, Jackson. Those guys were our best defenders and most experienced.

That being said, as coaches they have to find a way to solidify the defense. I hope to see improvement as the year progresses.

Lastly, the defensive staff is virtually the same as last year and the prior two years. Not sure why people are complaining about their coaching acumen now when they weren’t before. They definitely leave a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail that’s for sure, but in terms of Xs and Os and coaching them up let’s see how the defense performs as the season wears on.
Sorry, but there shouldn’t be a drop off at UM losing 3rd day and UDFA players.

I think you meant Richt and his boys. DL is one position group where you need experience particularly at DT. The misses were 3 - 4 years ago. It's too early to tell with the current freshman, but recently, the most effective DTs have been Golden recruits and a UF transfer.

I guess you forgot who ran the show on the defensive side of the ball. smh. this is randy all over again.

You know things are bad when most people are realizing we got the wrong unqualified young Cuban coach. Id take Mario and his emphasis and OL and recruiting (and him being a Cane and not a dirty nole) over Mandy Shannez.

You know things are bad when most people are realizing we got the wrong unqualified young Cuban coach. Id take Mario and his emphasis and OL and recruiting (and him being a Cane and not a dirty nole) over Mandy Shannez.
You mean Mario who choked against Auburn? Lol. Up 21-6 and allowed a freshmen qb to come back and beat him? You can look past that, but not Diaz? Got it.

Advertisement
I guess you forgot who ran the show on the defensive side of the ball. smh. this is randy all over again.
I didn't forget anything. Richt had final say on scholarship allocations. We had holes all over the roster. We were recruiting unbalanced classes for how many years? He ultimately determined how many went where. Manny was only part of it as well as Kool, Banda and Rumph but Richt ran the show. It was a real team effort.

Advertisement
Back