Diaz comments on Williams departure, corner depth moving forward

I want us to win every game and put Clemson in their place. After 15-20 years of mismanagement, it has become too easy to see when something isn’t right. I hope that’s not the case, but we will see.
It’s as plain as day. King might be able to mask manny’s inability to coach slightly this year but it’s as Mickey Mouse as Mickey Mouse gets. He’s not winning anything important here. Just my opinion

Advertisement
"Look, the only way not to get a ball caught on you is to not show up for the game. I'm not worried about that." ...

Manny clearly hears the noise about Ivey and the CB position overall. But he can do nothing about it except back the guys he still has on the team. So you can't really expect for him to say anything else. Having Manny or anyone else on the staff or team get on Ivey's case at this point is counterproductive.

Manny clearly hears the noise about Ivey and the CB position overall. But he can do nothing about it except back the guys he still has on the team. So you can't really expect for him to say anything else. Having Manny or anyone else on the staff or team get on Ivey's case at this point is counterproductive.
He clearly should've said publicly that while Ivey has been regularly beat, C. Williams isn't even half as good and didnt deserve the playing time many people are asking for him to get.

This is obvious sarcasm btw. I just laugh at how upset people get at coach speak. Every coach in America does coach speak, because they are coaches, but we lose our **** when our coach does it lol.

Dmoney already told everyone that Ivey proved to be clearly better in practice than Williams. Williams didnt prove a single thing in a game ever. But people are mad that he wasn't gifted playing time...

I understand being mad at the CB room management and recruiting, but being mad about this interview or not "gifting" Williams playing time, I don't agree with.

Advertisement
5EDA7538-A8D9-43FE-B5D6-9FC70FDF216B.jpeg

Advertisement
What a ****** joke!!!!
You are OK with Ivey getting beat up and down the field like he stole some ****?!!
No matter how many good players this dude has he will not play the best guys!! Ivey is NOT COMPETITIVE on each play!!!
He is okey with mediocre performances by our guys! He won’t win until he leaves that mentality.
U know what’s crazy..this is deja vu. Y’all thinking ****** can’t do worse then 8..remember last year when the oline played like **** and some thought “hey how bad could the guys behind them be”..and then the Duke game happened lol..ppl have been say Williams had been getting beat in practice constantly..then the chart comes out and y’all act surprised he not starting. It can get worse guys. Btw I got Ivey gettin a pick or 2 this week 😂😂

U know what’s crazy..this is deja vu. Y’all thinking ****** can’t do worse then 8..remember last year when the oline played like **** and some thought “hey how bad could the guys behind them be”..and then the Duke game happened lol..ppl have been say Williams had been getting beat in practice constantly..then the chart comes out and y’all act surprised he not starting. It can get worse guys. Btw I got Ivey gettin a pick or 2 this week 😂😂

I ain’t saying Williams deserved PT. I’m just saying if the coaches are happy with dude and making excuses for him then we have a problem. If there ain’t other ****** you can put in the lineup when 8 ****** up it’s on the coaches cause they ain’t go out and get better players. But that’s not the case here. Diaz saying that he happy with the play and he mostly cares for what they do for run support lol. There’s no accountability there. I don’t care if forest gump is the backup, I’m putting him out there if the starters are ****** up because if you don’t then they know no matter how bad they play they will not lose PT.. and that is a bad look.

Diaz talking about look what we’ve done against the pass lol yeah make lousy QB’s look like joe Montana
We have been good against the pass, number 1 in 2017 , and pretty good ever since especially with the talent we have , we always miss out on the Big Corner Back recruits.

Advertisement
It’s as plain as day. King might be able to mask manny’s inability to coach slightly this year but it’s as Mickey Mouse as Mickey Mouse gets. He’s not winning anything important here. Just my opinion
Unfortunately, I agree with this. It seems like no matter who the HC is there always seems to be a coaching deficiency somewhere on the staff. The most frustrating thing is that I want so bad for this program to be elite again that I always seem to ignore or rationalize away the obvious problems staring us right in the face until they can't be ignored any longer. Diaz did the right thing by upgrading the offensive staff the way he did and all off season I have been trying to telling myself that Diaz will become much more involved with the defense now that he has an experienced and accomplished OC in Lashlee. I told myself over and over that Diaz would work closely with Baker in order to get the defense back on track and looking much more like the 2018 edition. I kept telling myself that Diaz won't let the inexperienced and in over his head Baker be the determining factor in his head coaching career/future. I kept telling myself that Diaz/Baker would see the schematic deficiencies in the 2019 defense and have them straightened out for 2020. It would seem as if I was wrong.

Well, It has only been one game at home. A 17 pt win against a G5 opponent that we were favored to beat by 14. Still if I am completely honest with myself I can see that this is not a well coached defense. I can see that Baker is likely going to be a huge liability. It seems clear to me that this defensive coaching staff needs to be seriously upgraded. It also seems to me as though Diaz just isn't HC material. I get the clear impression that this team will never win 10 games consistently with Diaz as HC. We will never fulfill our potential or maximize our talent with Diaz as HC. I truly wish that this was not the case. It would be so much easier if Diaz could get it done or if he had the capacity to grow into being an HC that could get it done. At this point however I just don't see it. I could sit here and try to be Mr Positive Guy but what would that accomplish. I could be dead wrong and I sincerely hope that I am but this doesn't strike me as being a particularly well coached team overall. Has there been improvements made in some areas? Yes absolutely there has. The kicking game and special teams, in general(minus the kick return game) have been dramatically upgraded. The offense despite the disjointed effort last Thursday seems to me to have great potential to markedly improve over the course of the season. We have a very good offensive staff a legit QB, elite RB, elite TE, speed at WR and I think this OL is going to turn out to be very good by the middle to the end of the year. I see this offense getting better every week. As much as I love our DL I get the sense that something is wrong defensively and that has everything to do with our DC being way in over his head and a HC who seems either unwilling or not interested in getting involved. I really hope that I'm wrong but I think Baker is going to cost us and it's a damned shame because we have too much talent to underachieve on that side of the ball. Could this be a scenario where the administration is willing to give Diaz time to tinker with the staff and grow into a good HC? I don't know. Maybe. If that is indeed the case and Diaz fires Baker at the end of the year and he manages to hire a quality DC while Lashlee stays for another 2-3 years then ok we'll see what happens. However until that happens we have some real issues on this defensive staff. Hopefully I turn out to be wrong on that as well because this entire cycle is growing tiresome.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I agree with this. It seems like no matter who the HC is there always seems to be a coaching deficiency somewhere on the staff. The most frustrating thing is that I want so bad for this program to be elite again that I always seem to ignore or rationalize away the obvious problems staring us right in the face until they can't be ignored any longer. Diaz did the right thing by upgrading the offensive staff the way he did and all off season I have been trying to telling myself that Diaz will become much more involved with the defense now that he has an experienced and accomplished OC in Lashlee. I told myself over and over that Diaz would work closely with Baker in order to get the defense back on track and looking much more like the 2018 edition. I kept telling myself that Diaz won't let the inexperienced and in over his head Baker be the determining factor in his head coaching career/future. I kept telling myself that Diaz/Baker would see the schematic deficiencies in the 2019 defense and have them straightened out for 2020. It would seem as if I was wrong.

Well, It has only been one game at home. A 17 pt win against a G5 opponent that we were favored to beat by 14. Still if I am completely honest with myself I can see that this is not a well coached defense. I can see that Baker is likely going to be a huge liability. It seems clear to me that this defensive coaching staff needs to be seriously upgraded. It also seems to me as though Diaz just isn't HC material. I get the clear impression that this team will never win 10 games consistently with Diaz as HC. We will never fulfill our potential or maximize our talent with Diaz as HC. I truly wish that this was not the case. It would be so much easier if Diaz could get it done or if he had the capacity to grow into being an HC that could get it done. At this point however I just don't see it. I could sit here and try to be Mr Positive Guy but what would that accomplish. I could be dead wrong and I sincerely hope that I am but this doesn't strike me as being a particularly well coached team overall. Has there been improvements made in some areas? Yes absolutely there has. The kicking game and special teams, in general(minus the kick return game) have been dramatically upgraded. The offense despite the disjointed effort last Thursday seems to me to have great potential to markedly improve over the course of the season. We have a very good offensive staff a legit QB, elite RB, elite TE, speed at WR and I think this OL is going to turn out to be very good by the middle to the end of the year. I see this offense getting better every week. As much as I love our DL I get the sense that something is wrong defensively and that has everything to do with our DC being way in over his head and a HC who seems either unwilling or not interested in getting involved. I really hope that I'm wrong but I think Baker is going to cost us and it's a damned shame because we have too much talent to underachieve on that side of the ball. Could this be a scenario where the administration is willing to give Diaz time to tinker with the staff and grow into a good HC? I don't know. Maybe. If that is indeed the case and Diaz fires Baker at the end of the year and he manages to hire a quality DC while Lashlee stays for another 2-3 years then ok we'll see what happens. However until that happens we have some real issues on this defensive staff. Hopefully I turn out to be wrong on that as well because this entire cycle is growing tiresome.

This year will be a a pass for obvious reasons..
... the frustration is that every year it is something else.... just can't get their act together.
I would be willing to live with this year being the year with new cast on both sides of the coaching aisle... instead now we have to waste another season with Blundering Baker, Patty cake and Rumpelstiltskin at the defensive helm...

Christian Williams must be soft as **** if he couldn't get time with only 3 guys ahead of him. I'm sorry, he won't have a better chance to play anywhere else - no real team is as thin at CB as we are. Kids need to get over the quitter mentality, work through setbacks, and check your ego at the door.

STOP ALL THE WHINING after a week one win coming off the wierdest off-season ever. Diaz would've lost the locker room giving williams the job and they knew he didn't earn it cause #8 had terrible day. Then he quit on his team that tells it all. It's bout how you do things when you trying to build a team and bond and it start with respect and if yall don't understand the message through the coach talk it's cause you don't want to.Yall don't know if some of the freshman bodies was ready to the staff expectations so they have to ease em in from the off-season of covid. WE GET IT CANE TEAR BABIES yall been crying all weak saying the same **** in every thread. TRY CHEERING FOR THE TEAM TO WIN THIS WEEK INSTEAD OF WHINING FOR DA LOST. Real Cane fans wear army fatigues go to FSpoo or FLa with ur thong.

Advertisement
Back