Diaz comments on second scrimmage

View as article
There is also a 75% chance with our ****ty OL that Jarren is going to get knocked out of a few series, and possibly several games. I trust Martell to pick up the slack.
I haven’t heard a word about putting in a FB for block protection for the QB and to open holes for the run game..

Advertisement
Talking bout how they gave up. He said a lot of players in the first half had a defeated look on them which he’s trying to eradicate from the program.
That's why so much of what Manny said had to do with mental aspects. Obvious that Manny's big task, or one of them, was instilling new mentality into offense and special teams (no more 20 yard punts).

Leadership ability might have a lot to do with who ends up at QB.

Advertisement
You don't know they were trash. You didn't see the scrimmage. All you got was Manny's spin. No matter how good a scrimmage really is, Manny will always dwell on any deficiencies or shortcomings.

You're just like so many neurotic fans on here.

Saban always complains about practices.

I think a lot of it is coachspeak. Every coach will always talk about things that still need work.

Scrimmage might have been far from great, but I doubt it was "trash "
Realistically all he got was the writers spin on Mannys comments... ... But I agree with your post..

People literally taking no information and then pretending it’s something and then using the pretend information in their heads to make final conclusions about the state of the program
The most bizarre shid ever.

Its annoying AF to read.

Manny Diaz - I want my players to be comfortable on camera and have a social media presence

Cis- Manny must have chosen Nkosi as Qb. He post home videos on snap chat so he definitely comfortable and got a social media hype.

Advertisement
I was a Tate fan early on...but doesn't it seem at this point that Jarren is better than the other two??? More consistent, throws a better ball, maybe not as elusive as the other two but has speed, etc. I feel like if you just start Tate "because you don't want to start a redshirt freshman against UF" then that itself is a cop out.

Hopefully that's not what they're thinking. Just wouldn't make sense. Don't want to start a redshirt freshman QB, but a true freshman LT is ok?

The most bizarre shid ever.

Its annoying AF to read.

Manny Diaz - I want my players to be comfortable on camera and have a social media presence

Cis- Manny must have chosen Nkosi as Qb. He post home videos on snap chat so he definitely comfortable and got a social media hype.

What about manny saying no one did anything in the first half.

Advertisement
I said this **** last week. Pick a guy so we can move and get steppin’

The offense is in flux with all the uncertainty
Ideally, this would be best. I have a bad feeling about picking a starter as the team is heading out of the tunnel on 8/24. Whoever the starter is, they need the bulk of the practices, and very soon. It's a shame no one is stepping up and taking it. I do believe Diaz is in a hard spot here, because he doesn't want to give the job to someone that hasn't stepped up.

Pressure busts pipes & makes diamonds...

I'm glad he's being hard on them, it's what they need.

Keep pushing until they show you exactly what they're made of, don't crown'em & make'em think that they've arrived.

Practice & scrimmages should be as hard as possible, because when game time comes your opponent isn't gonna go easy on you. Every championship team in both College & the NFL all say that their practices were harder than the actual games.

Don't let up one bit, if it takes until 15min before kickoff keep drilling it in their head that they need to be better & they must compete at all costs as if their life depended on it... No other standard will be accepted, that how you toughen them up for battle, that's how you win.

Excellent take. The difference between winning and losing is culture in most cases. At least Diaz sees the symptoms and understands the disease. Set a high standard and hold them accountable. One punch in the chops and this team has folded and rarely been able to recover.

Advertisement
What is this disease Diaz says infects some players on da team?

Sounds like folding under pressure and getting that glazed over look in your eyes... and throwing interceptions to the other team.

Can’t win like that. Don’t care who the QB is.

Advertisement
Back