Diaz And Staff Are Comedy Gold

Just to add to the long list of questionable/idiotic/inexplicable/predictably stupid/baffling and totally inexcusable coaching decisions, I would like to offer Lashlee's call on 3rd and 4 where a 1st down basically ices the game. How many of you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was going to call that play to Mallory? I did and I would venture to guess most posters here did as well in addition to FSU's entire defensive coaching staff. Why? It was easy money that Lashlee was going to go to that as we have had success with it recently in similar situations and that is exactly what made it such a horrendous call in that situation. Any coach with a brain knew that play was our "It's crunch time late in the game, we have a 3rd and less than 5, we have a lead and need a 1st down in order to keep possession and win the game by running the clock out" go to play. So of course we run it to the boundary side.

How many of you knew that it was literally carved in stone that we would go 3 and out on our next possession following the FG that cut our lead to 28-23? I knew. How did I know you ask if we had been successful the last 2 weeks in identical situations? See above plus the feel and atmosphere of the game at that point. This is something else that Diaz has absolutely no feel for. Getting a 1st down on that drive was absolutely crucial and anyone with even an iota of feel for the game knew that. From the beginning of that drive Lashlee called the game as if he was trying to set up 3rd and manageable which anyone who has been paying attention would have seen coming a mile away. Again this is the play not to lose philosophy that permeates every aspect of this football team and the reason why despite a 3 game winning streak that Diaz will never ever ever ever win anything of any consequence. His rank incompetence has metastasized through every single aspect of this programs culture. This is clearly visible by observing the totally undisciplined, unfocused nature of his teams.

As someone said earlier arrogant yet unprepared is the best way to describe a Diaz coached squad. Not only is this man a total abortion of a head coach, this man has become an utter embarrassment to this program and the plug must be pulled as soon as humanly possible. I have not even gotten into the sheer level of incompetence required to allow a conversion on 4th and 14 against a quarterback who had never thrown for 200 yards before playing us. The sheer incompetence required to leave the middle of the field wide open on that 4th and 14 with no pressure on the QB and most of your secondary literally giving up the line to gain. This is something that any defensive coordinator worth anything would successfully defend against that FSU team and QB. I'm not even mentioning Diaz not calling a timeout before that 4th and 14 with the game and his job on the line.

Lastly I honestly never thought that I would see something so indefensible, so outrageously idiotic, so incompetent and so insanely flabbergasting that I would go so far as to question the man's sanity because I thought that I had seen it all. Well, Manny Diaz somehow managed to make what I consider to be the most unforgivably retarded and indefensible coaching decision that I may have ever seen. I'll spare the details because everyone knows. To actually think that you would win the game on a goal line stand from the 6 inch line and to gamble everything on that instead of letting FSU score and get the ball back with 50 seconds left for an offense fully capable of getting well into FG range and the unquestionable strength of your team is something that not only should of gotten Diaz fired seconds after the game but is something that should ensure that he never ever gets a job as a head coach on any level ever again.
I dare a single poster on this board to defend a single one of these **** the bed coaching debacles. One of you slurpers must be feeling lucky!

Advertisement
Manny can’t let them score at the end and hand it over to the offense because-

1- he had that option already, trust the O to win the game- he chose to punt and put it in the D hands.

2- he is the defensive coordinator. Letting them score is manny saying, “my side of the ball can’t get it done when it matters”. That is a move his ego won’t allow.

3- if somehow FSU jumps offsides or something and by some miracle they hold- it’s manny the DC genius who saved the day.
LOL. It was a ******* idiotic choice.

Clownshow.jpg

Just to add to the long list of questionable/idiotic/inexplicable/predictably stupid/baffling and totally inexcusable coaching decisions, I would like to offer Lashlee's call on 3rd and 4 where a 1st down basically ices the game. How many of you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was going to call that play to Mallory? I did and I would venture to guess most posters here did as well in addition to FSU's entire defensive coaching staff. Why? It was easy money that Lashlee was going to go to that as we have had success with it recently in similar situations and that is exactly what made it such a horrendous call in that situation. Any coach with a brain knew that play was our "It's crunch time late in the game, we have a 3rd and less than 5, we have a lead and need a 1st down in order to keep possession and win the game by running the clock out" go to play. So of course we run it to the boundary side.
I’ve been screaming this ^^^^ since it happened. Throw the ball beyond the **** sticks in that situation!!! Loser, soft mentality.

it’s easy to focus on one or two plays. It’s always a part of the post game analysis to relive certain plays. I’m more upset about the macros because they have been consistent since our first game against UF. The fact we were even in a position to need to make a goal line stand or ice a game against one of the worst versions of FSU is why I know there is no hope for Manny and his regime

1. The unfound arrogance and confidence in his scheme and concepts almost to the point where it looks like we don’t practice
2. Our inability to tackle which leads to big plays and extended drives
3. Consistently coming out flat and looking unprepared
4. The lack of game management plan
5. Most importantly, the softness and entitlement that permeate the team that leads to 100 yards of penalties and huge mental errors.

If we have a half way decent coach and program, we do what every other team did to FSU this year. There were plenty of posters on here that knew how FSU would attack is and how we could attack them. It’s like our coaches just show up and play like it’s youth football.
After the first quarter I’m thinking “it looks like UM picked 22 guys off the sandlot and threw them out there.” What horrible football that was.

Advertisement
Him winning/losing yesterday changed absolutely nothing..unless Miami is willing to clean house..that means the AD along with manny..you can’t..absolutely can’t let Blake James make the next HC hire..if we make this move it can’t be manny alone..and whom ever the AD/coach has to understand and have a clear idea of expectation..we want LAD results but want to operate like the Marlins. The talent isn’t up to par. The staffing numbers isn’t up to par. This is a 5-5 football team..let’s stop imagining ourselves as something other than that. You lose your best player early. You lose 2 backs. Your best defender coming into the szn was done like 5 weeks ago. Our oline got whipped by a sec transfer..Your best pass rusher is Zach mccloud. Your best LB is Corey Flagg. The player on Defense that embodies the attitude and play of a Miami great is a hometown kid who spent his first 3 years in the SEC..your rolling out 3 freshman safeties..no matter how talented they may have been on huddle in HS..that’s a liability..we have some pieces. The QB is in good shape. The WR room looks solid…team has potential. Potential gets you fired

Y’all watch Ole Miss after our game? Lane scored a TD from maybe the 3 or 4 by running what looked like pick play with the slot running to the flat. But the second the slot defender bit into flat and contacted the crosser, the slot cuts to a slant. Bang easy short yardage TD. Great concept and it puts the defenders in to conflict.

Meanwhile our defensive genius blitz’s corners on 3rd and 5 situations when pressure definitional you can’t get home before a guy runs past the sticks and drops 8 on 4th and 14 into dog **** coverage shells with massive gaps.

Christ, watching the cans is like playing cards with my brothers kids or somethin'. You nerve-wracking sons of *******!!

Advertisement

How many of you knew that it was literally carved in stone that we would go 3 and out on our next possession following the FG that cut our lead to 28-23? I knew. How did I know you ask if we had been successful the last 2 weeks in identical situations? See above plus the feel and atmosphere of the game at that point. This is something else that Diaz has absolutely no feel for. Getting a 1st down on that drive was absolutely crucial and anyone with even an iota of feel for the game knew that. From the beginning of that drive Lashlee called the game as if he was trying to set up 3rd and manageable which anyone who has been paying attention would have seen coming a mile away. Again this is the play not to lose philosophy that permeates every aspect of this football team and the reason why despite a 3 game winning streak that Diaz will never ever ever ever win anything of any consequence. His rank incompetence has metastasized through every single aspect of this programs culture. This is clearly visible by observing the totally undisciplined, unfocused nature of his teams.

As someone said earlier arrogant yet unprepared is the best way to describe a Diaz coached squad. Not only is this man a total abortion of a head coach, this man has become an utter embarrassment to this program and the plug must be pulled as soon as humanly possible. I have not even gotten into the sheer level of incompetence required to allow a conversion on 4th and 14 against a quarterback who had never thrown for 200 yards before playing us. The sheer incompetence required to leave the middle of the field wide open on that 4th and 14 with no pressure on the QB and most of your secondary literally giving up the line to gain. This is something that any defensive coordinator worth anything would successfully defend against that FSU team and QB. I'm not even mentioning Diaz not calling a timeout before that 4th and 14 with the game and his job on the line.

Lastly I honestly never thought that I would see something so indefensible, so outrageously idiotic, so incompetent and so insanely flabbergasting that I would go so far as to question the man's sanity because I thought that I had seen it all. Well, Manny Diaz somehow managed to make what I consider to be the most unforgivably retarded and indefensible coaching decision that I may have ever seen. I'll spare the details because everyone knows. To actually think that you would win the game on a goal line stand from the 6 inch line and to gamble everything on that instead of letting FSU score and get the ball back with 50 seconds left for an offense fully capable of getting well into FG range and the unquestionable strength of your team is something that not only should of gotten Diaz fired seconds after the game but is something that should ensure that he never ever gets a job as a head coach on any level ever again.
Never understood why not let them score and u have two timeouts. Me as an arm chair QB and basic *** civilian knew that

I wanna bring something up that I’m sure TVD would never admit to but I’ll try to see if someone can pry it out of him. The very last play of the game… I think he knew the rule and the the coaches didnt… QB’s are drilled religiously on how to kill The clock since the time they graduate from flag football. He did a full 3 step drop and his eyes were actually up. He only killed it cause his wideouts ran no route, I’m aware of the guy he made stay back as well but you only needed the WR’s for a Hail Mary, Maybe I’m overthinking but the coach in me says NAH not that kid.. he knew better.
No I actually think you have something here. While watching it looked as if TVD wanted to throw the ball instead of spike it.....

it’s easy to focus on one or two plays. It’s always a part of the post game analysis to relive certain plays. I’m more upset about the macros because they have been consistent since our first game against UF. The fact we were even in a position to need to make a goal line stand or ice a game against one of the worst versions of FSU is why I know there is no hope for Manny and his regime

1. The unfound arrogance and confidence in his scheme and concepts almost to the point where it looks like we don’t practice
2. Our inability to tackle which leads to big plays and extended drives
3. Consistently coming out flat and looking unprepared
4. The lack of game management plan
5. Most importantly, the softness and entitlement that permeate the team that leads to 100 yards of penalties and huge mental errors.

If we have a half way decent coach and program, we do what every other team did to FSU this year. There were plenty of posters on here that knew how FSU would attack is and how we could attack them. It’s like our coaches just show up and play like it’s youth football.
From your lips to God's ears.

Advertisement
It’s manny’s D. Next year he’s liable to want to run both the D and the O besides being head coach. Him taking over the D this year was a major fail. never saw so many defensive off sides penalties and missed tackles. The team is totally lost.

Advertisement
Back