Diaz And Staff Are Comedy Gold

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
Just to add to the long list of questionable/idiotic/inexplicable/predictably stupid/baffling and totally inexcusable coaching decisions, I would like to offer Lashlee's call on 3rd and 4 where a 1st down basically ices the game. How many of you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was going to call that play to Mallory? I did and I would venture to guess most posters here did as well in addition to FSU's entire defensive coaching staff. Why? It was easy money that Lashlee was going to go to that as we have had success with it recently in similar situations and that is exactly what made it such a horrendous call in that situation. Any coach with a brain knew that play was our "It's crunch time late in the game, we have a 3rd and less than 5, we have a lead and need a 1st down in order to keep possession and win the game by running the clock out" go to play. So of course we run it to the boundary side.

How many of you knew that it was literally carved in stone that we would go 3 and out on our next possession following the FG that cut our lead to 28-23? I knew. How did I know you ask if we had been successful the last 2 weeks in identical situations? See above plus the feel and atmosphere of the game at that point. This is something else that Diaz has absolutely no feel for. Getting a 1st down on that drive was absolutely crucial and anyone with even an iota of feel for the game knew that. From the beginning of that drive Lashlee called the game as if he was trying to set up 3rd and manageable which anyone who has been paying attention would have seen coming a mile away. Again this is the play not to lose philosophy that permeates every aspect of this football team and the reason why despite a 3 game winning streak that Diaz will never ever ever ever win anything of any consequence. His rank incompetence has metastasized through every single aspect of this programs culture. This is clearly visible by observing the totally undisciplined, unfocused nature of his teams.

As someone said earlier arrogant yet unprepared is the best way to describe a Diaz coached squad. Not only is this man a total abortion of a head coach, this man has become an utter embarrassment to this program and the plug must be pulled as soon as humanly possible. I have not even gotten into the sheer level of incompetence required to allow a conversion on 4th and 14 against a quarterback who had never thrown for 200 yards before playing us. The sheer incompetence required to leave the middle of the field wide open on that 4th and 14 with no pressure on the QB and most of your secondary literally giving up the line to gain. This is something that any defensive coordinator worth anything would successfully defend against that FSU team and QB. I'm not even mentioning Diaz not calling a timeout before that 4th and 14 with the game and his job on the line.

Lastly I honestly never thought that I would see something so indefensible, so outrageously idiotic, so incompetent and so insanely flabbergasting that I would go so far as to question the man's sanity because I thought that I had seen it all. Well, Manny Diaz somehow managed to make what I consider to be the most unforgivably retarded and indefensible coaching decision that I may have ever seen. I'll spare the details because everyone knows. To actually think that you would win the game on a goal line stand from the 6 inch line and to gamble everything on that instead of letting FSU score and get the ball back with 50 seconds left for an offense fully capable of getting well into FG range and the unquestionable strength of your team is something that not only should of gotten Diaz fired seconds after the game but is something that should ensure that he never ever gets a job as a head coach on any level ever again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The man thought his D would stop them from the half yard line four straight times was pure incompetence, hopefully when I wake up in the morning he’s already gotten his pink slip
Brother, that was the most egregious ***** up I've ever witnessed in the 45 years I've been watching football. I just don't have the words to even begin to articulate just how horrific that was. On top of that to see that collosal **** wildly flexing his arms to signal the defense to bow up from the 2 inch line when he could have let them score and have 50 seconds left for the offense is literally the most embarrassing thing that I have ever seen in this sport. Just bizarre and inexplicable.

Advertisement
Just to add to the long list of questionable/idiotic/inexplicable/predictably stupid/baffling and totally inexcusable coaching decisions, I would like to offer Lashlee's call on 3rd and 4 where a 1st down basically ices the game. How many of you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was going to call that play to Mallory? I did and I would venture to guess most posters here did as well in addition to FSU's entire defensive coaching staff. Why? It was easy money that Lashlee was going to go to that as we have had success with it recently in similar situations and that is exactly what made it such a horrendous call in that situation. Any coach with a brain knew that play was our "It's crunch time late in the game, we have a 3rd and less than 5, we have a lead and need a 1st down in order to keep possession and win the game by running the clock out" go to play. So of course we run it to the boundary side.

How many of you knew that it was literally carved in stone that we would go 3 and out on our next possession following the FG that cut our lead to 28-23? I knew. How did I know you ask if we had been successful the last 2 weeks in identical situations? See above plus the feel and atmosphere of the game at that point. This is something else that Diaz has absolutely no feel for. Getting a 1st down on that drive was absolutely crucial and anyone with even an iota of feel for the game knew that. From the beginning of that drive Lashlee called the game as if he was trying to set up 3rd and manageable which anyone who has been paying attention would have seen coming a mile away. Again this is the play not to lose philosophy that permeates every aspect of this football team and the reason why despite a 3 game winning streak that Diaz will never ever ever ever win anything of any consequence. His rank incompetence has metastasized through every single aspect of this programs culture. This is clearly visible by observing the totally undisciplined, unfocused nature of his teams.

As someone said earlier arrogant yet unprepared is the best way to describe a Diaz coached squad. Not only is this man a total abortion of a head coach, this man has become an utter embarrassment to this program and the plug must be pulled as soon as humanly possible. I have not even gotten into the sheer level of incompetence required to allow a conversion on 4th and 14 against a quarterback who had never thrown for 200 yards before playing us. The sheer incompetence required to leave the middle of the field wide open on that 4th and 14 with no pressure on the QB and most of your secondary literally giving up the line to gain. This is something that any defensive coordinator worth anything would successfully defend against that FSU team and QB. I'm not even mentioning Diaz not calling a timeout before that 4th and 14 with the game and his job on the line.

Lastly I honestly never thought that I would see something so indefensible, so outrageously idiotic, so incompetent and so insanely flabbergasting that I would go so far as to question the man's sanity because I thought that I had seen it all. Well, Manny Diaz somehow managed to make what I consider to be the most unforgivably retarted and indefensible coaching decision that I may have ever seen. I'll spare the details because everyone knows. To actually think that you would win the game on a goal line stand from the 6 inch line and to gamble everything on that instead of letting FSU score and get the ball back with 50 seconds left for an offense fully capable of getting well into FG range and the unquestionable strength of your team is something that not only should of gotten Diaz fired seconds after the game but is something that should ensure that he never ever gets a job as a head coach on any level ever again.

And the other infuriating thing is by not letting FSU score to get the ball back , Diaz made us all miss out on the excitement of seeing TVD drive UM into FG range and having Borreagles last second FG attempt go wide right. That's the proper way to end a UM - FSU game. F#cking Diaz doesn't even respect history.

Lashlee always goes back to something that worked before. Remind some of Richt's "these plays have worked for 30 years" line. How about running the same jet sweep play with Brashard once game just because it worked once against a team Miami Central could probably beat. And also running the same **** run play for two full seasons with very little variations lol Guy is supposed to be an offensive savant but goes conservative every big moment.

Advertisement

Lastly I honestly never thought that I would see something so indefensible, so outrageously idiotic, so incompetent and so insanely flabbergasting that I would go so far as to question the man's sanity because I thought that I had seen it all. Well, Manny Diaz somehow managed to make what I consider to be the most unforgivably retarted and indefensible coaching decision that I may have ever seen. I'll spare the details because everyone knows. To actually think that you would win the game on a goal line stand from the 6 inch line and to gamble everything on that instead of letting FSU score and get the ball back with 50 seconds left for an offense fully capable of getting well into FG range and the unquestionable strength of your team is something that not only should of gotten Diaz fired seconds after the game but is something that should ensure that he never ever gets a job as a head coach on any level ever again.
Well said

We went 4 and out but the rest holds true. It was one of around 20 plays I called from the couch directly spot on. That play is right up there with the 3rd and goal corner route attached to the 2 in routes.

And manny with the goal line stand… lolll. Dude proves weekly he knows almost nothing

We didn't go 3 and out. We got a first down on the 1st play of the drive to Harley. You have to throw past the sticks on 3rd and 4. Throwing to a TE who doesn't break tackles short of the sticks is idiotic. Anyway, A loss is better for the long term assuming Mandy gets canned.

Advertisement
Brother, that was the most egregious ***** up I've ever witnessed in the 45 years I've been watching football. I just don't have the words to even begin to articulate just how horrific that was. On top of that to see that collosal **** wildly flexing his arms to signal the defense to bow up from the 2 inch line when he could have let them score and have 50 seconds left for the offense is literally the most embarrassing thing that I have ever seen in this sport. Just bizarre and inexplicable.
It was rather Freudian, or Fraudian, don’t you think? The arm flex was great, in a tragic way. Kinda like his “spy” look earlier, and then the spy over-runs the play. Should’ve gone to Temple to cut his teeth.

Advertisement
We went 4 and out but the rest holds true. It was one of around 20 plays I called from the couch directly spot on. That play is right up there with the 3rd and goal corner route attached to the 2 in routes.

And manny with the goal line stand… lolll. Dude proves weekly he knows almost nothing
My mistake. It was 4 and out.

Great post. Spot on. Diaz should be gone by Monday. Not sure what hold up is now.

We didn't go 3 and out. We got a first down on the 1st play of the drive to Harley. You have to throw past the sticks on 3rd and 4. Throwing to a TE who doesn't break tackles short of the sticks is idiotic. Anyway, A loss is better for the long term assuming Mandy gets canned.
Which is why we should have kept attacking. We had them on their heels.
We went to "safe" pass routes after that.

Our offense had to win that game for us.
It should have never been put in the hands of our D.

Advertisement
Back