Diaz addresses fanbase concerns, recruiting losses

View as article
Advertisement
"What happened Saturday was wrong and we have to fix it" signed every Canes coach since Coker.

We dont have to keep the dude hes not bill belicheck. We can survive without him if need be

For sure; but realistically there are maybe what a handful of guys, maybe a little more, in a level above him as a DC currently ?

It might be the smart move to invest in him as the future .

Advertisement
I like Diaz as DC but haven’t been at all impressed with the green coaching hires—Rumph, Banda, Patke. If he becomes HC we’ll have an entire coaching staff of guys like that.

For sure; but realistically there are maybe what a handful of guys, maybe a little more, in a level above him as a DC currently ?

It might be the smart move to invest in him as the future .
Im on the blow the whole thing up again

Advertisement
I actually think Manny would be a better HC than DC. He’s a great motivator and communicator. He seems to be very much results oriented and has no problem moving on from failing ideas. I feel for him becuase he’s looked miserable on the sidelines as the offense fails to even get a 1st down.

As a DC he’s done a great job especially with the talent available on the roster. Sometimes he is too obvious with his playcalls and falls into patterns. I think having a DC under him who shares his philosophy but has a different feel for the game would benefit him and allow him to chim in with timely stuff.

If he picks an OC that shares his aggressive and forward thinking approach it could be a great combination.

The question is he would very green. And we would need the program to be a great place before trying that.

Just a hunch, but if Manny was HC I think he brings in a forward-thinking OC. Begs the question, though: can he maintain his grip on the defense while being HC or will he need to hire a DC? Same issue Jimmy just addressed with Richt.

Yep, I think Manny would be a good head man here. We'd still retain his defensive philosophy of aggression, and I suspect he'd bring some of that to the offensive side of the ball as well.

Advertisement
Back