Deyvid Palepale 2024 DT as a UM Recuit

But either way the secret is now out on this under the radar future Polynesian rising Star.

Go Canes
What do you mean by secret. As of November he listed offers from Miami, USC, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Louisville, Vandy, Maryland, Pitt, Penn, Temple.

Advertisement
Given that this is a Samoan DT prospect, coach Joe better be relentless.
I've never been able to fully understand Coach Joe's primary recruiting responsibility.

Is it recruiting DTs?

Is it recruiting Polys?

If its recruiting Polys and/or creating an environment where they're comfortable playing, then I'm good even if his DT recruiting has been subpar so far.

In this case, its a Poly DT so we know this is his domain and he better close.

2024 DT Deyvid palepale interview with PA Live, talking recruiting. Feb 8th, 2023

Go Canes

Thanks @Paranos
fat honey boo boo GIF

Advertisement
Scope and score by the 6'3" 315lbs large young man, that shoes amazing body control given his size.

Go Canes

Landisville (Pa.) Hempfield defensive lineman Deyvid Palepale is traveling to Miami this weekend to get his first in-person look at the Hurricanes, and few other schools for visits are on his mind.

He already has official visits set to Michigan and Miami, and he plans to set more.

"Right now it's just getting out to places and seeing where I want to set my official dates to," the 6-foot-3, 288-pound Palepale said. "That way I can hopefully make my decision before my senior season starts in August. That's where I am at right now, narrowing down my schools for official visits.

"Right now I will be heading down to Miami this weekend. Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC; those are the schools I am looking at (for officials) right now."

The two officials set are to schools he already visited.

His first official set is June 9 to Michigan, and he has a primary reason for getting back to which he recently visited.

"For me, it's to get my whole family out there," he said. "Last time I went out, it was just me and my mom. We had a blast. We had the whole day. We had the facilities to ourselves with (defensive line) coach (Mike) Elston and his family. We spent time with them I just want me whole family to experience that."

Penn State is two hours from his home, and he will be there June 16.

"Them being involved in my recruitment early, and them having the reputation that they have and me being an in-state guy, I definitely had to hop on that," he said.

One of the first coaches Palepale dealt with at Penn State was defensive line coach Deion Barnes.

"I am actually very familiar with him," Palepale said. "When I went up there for a camp, before I had an offer, he was a (grad) assistant and he was there helping me. He was following me along and giving me tips, so now to see him be the man of that room, it's nice to see.

"He's already been out to my school and saw me do some drills, so I love it for him."

Miami offered Palepale in mid November, and he has been in consistent contact with defensive line coach Joe Salave'a.

"Really the relationship I built with coach Salevae, coach (Mario) Cristobal," he said of why he's visiting. "That, so far, has stuck out to me. And the history behind 'The U.' It really enticed me to get down there, get one campus and see what it's all about."

I've never been able to fully understand Coach Joe's primary recruiting responsibility.

Is it recruiting DTs?

Is it recruiting Polys?

If its recruiting Polys and/or creating an environment where they're comfortable playing, then I'm good even if his DT recruiting has been subpar so far.

In this case, its a Poly DT so we know this is his domain and he better close.

All assumptions but if that were his role then he needs an off the field job and not taking up a coaching spot (the Poly environment comment).

Advertisement
For those wondering if Deyvid palepale is a legit 6'3" and 300+lbs, here he is next to Coach Cristobal last weekend. That is a big polynesian brother, coach Joe needs to real in for 2024.

Go Canes

Advertisement
It's been a long time where we can say talented kids are gonna be left on the outside looking in this class if they don't grab spots and that's saying something about the job Mario and company are doing on the defensive line this cycle

Seems like Palepale's emotions got the best of him and he may have been feeling himself a little to much.

Hempfield.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Highlights before Deyvid palepale got dismissed from high school team for calling out his Head coach and team publicly.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Would still take him even with the off the field stuf. Michigan should be up there with Pitt as players you offer if they offer.

Are we even in contact? This isn't a name I've heard or seen anywhere but this thread.

Advertisement
Back