Devonaire Clarington quote

kev13108

Junior
Premium
2015 TE Devonaire Clarington was in attendance for the UM-UF beatdown and when asked for his take on te game afterwards he said: "Oh it was good to see MY team come out on top."

I know it's early being he's a 2015 kid and all but he's got the right attitude already and would love to see this kid in orange and green! It's wins like these that get the real big fish interested in the U again! Go canes! :neonu:

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...ing-with-top-recruits-Oregon-Ducks-etc-148539

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw the article this morning but Tito swears he doesn't have an offer so I didnt post it so idk because for a long time he's been talking so highly about UM

Gator Country interviewed a bunch of recruits on their predictions before the game........

Clarington was the ONLY guy to predict a um win.......

Advertisement
I saw the article this morning but Tito swears he doesn't have an offer so I didnt post it so idk because for a long time he's been talking so highly about UM

Yea the article said he doesn't which I find really odd because this kid is a top TE in his class and would be a really nice get so if we really haven't offered then idk what we are waiting for

I spoke with Clarington back in the summer around July and he basically told me he is "waiting on Miami, not Miami waiting on him". He also told me they like him as a TE and he wants to prove to them he can be a receiver. He isn't adamant about playing receiver though because he did say if he gains more weight and loses speed he would be willing to play it.

Advertisement
He will never get an offer as long as Coley is here

What makes you say that?
I personally love to see these lifelong canes get offers. While obviously not possible for EVERYONE to get one, Clarington seems like a good enough prospect to deserve one.

Don't let the size fool you. Very overrated kid and extremely soft. Catches the ball with his body too much. I see why he did not play much before this year at SR. Poor attitude as well and for being 18 as a junior I expected a tad more maturity.

Advertisement

What makes you say that?
I personally love to see these lifelong canes get offers. While obviously not possible for EVERYONE to get one, Clarington seems like a good enough prospect to deserve one.

Coley called him soft to his face

Seems odd that he would continue to rep Miami big time if that was the case.

If it is true, perhaps it was for a little motivation.

Last edited:

What makes you say that?

Coley called him soft to his face

When? And according to 24/7 and Rivals he has an offer.

How many times does this exact post have to happen before we all accept that they are fairly useless when it comes to "offers" at those sites?

Advertisement
I looked up his twitter when Luke Stampedi (the gator guy) retweeted his prediction and saw that Golden, Larry Scott and coach Carroll were following him. They invited him to the game also, so obviously Miami is very interested in him.

Don't let the size fool you. Very overrated kid and extremely soft. Catches the ball with his body too much. I see why he did not play much before this year at SR. Poor attitude as well and for being 18 as a junior I expected a tad more maturity.

Hate to say it but this is true.

Another prospect that is drawing heavy attention from the Tigers with an offer likely only moments away is 2015 Westminster Christian jumbo athlete Devonaire Clarington. The 6-5, 230-pound prospect is a tremendous athlete that excels at both tight end and defensive end. When talking to a source at LSU he referred to Clarington as a "freak" that "will be playing on Sundays at a high level." The Tigers think he could be one of the best pure defensive ends in the country.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/12/lsu_visits_with_florida_commit.html

Found it interesting

Advertisement
Back