Devonaire Clarington 247 update

DIDN'T WANT TO START ANOTHER THREAD BUT THE LAST ONE WAS LOCKED. IF YOU DON'T CARE DON'T READ

Traveled around Dade County, making stops at Westminster Christian and Champagnat Catholic after beginning his career at Southridge. Now the star tight end is on the move again. Clarington (6-6, 222) announced on Tuesday that he will spend his senior year at Booker T. Washington.

-Says “Things weren’t working out at Champagnat so I knew last week I was leaving,” “I know going to Booker T., we could have a shot at a national championship. I’m not familiar yet with too many people over there but that’s going to change really soon.”

-visited Tennessee and Georgia last month, his first time seeing anywhere besides Miami.

-Says “Those trips went well, it made me want to see more schools really,” “The environment surprised me, the weather was nice, they have a lot of cool stuff. I’m not sure how much yet but I can say I’m considering both schools.”

-LSU is the one school that has received the most buzz in recent weeks.said that although he’s interested in the Tigers, it got blown out of proportion.

-Says “I wouldn’t mind visiting LSU, I would love to see what they got for me,” “I’m curious about how they might use me but I have no idea how I’m going to get up there this summer. The thing is that they don’t talk to me and I don’t talk to anybody there. I’m surprised but it is what it is.”

-rarely tries to give away anything that would indicate who he likes but he admits Miami does have one thing going for them.

-Says “Even though it’s so close, I treat Miami the same as Oregon or any school far away,” “They recruit me the hardest though, I can’t lie about that. They get at me on Twitter every day and other schools don’t do it the same way as Miami. They’re right down the street and they invite me to come by whenever I can. I lost count how many times I went.”

-certainly took notice of the Hurricanes landing a few highly touted South Florida prospects within in the past week.

-Says “I see all these guys committing, Sam Bruce, Jordan Scarlett, and Dionte Mullins,” “Miami is getting all this talent but it doesn’t mean nothing. Some people change in college, good one minute and sorry the next. It doesn’t phase me to see what everybody else is doing.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/TE-Devonaire-Clarington-Talks-BTW-Transfer-Recruiting-29569974

Advertisement
It sickens me that we are the ONLY one recruiting him and he acts like he is getting calls from every coach in america. If this was last years TE/DE class he would be begging for an offer

-Says “I see all these guys committing, Sam Bruce, Jordan Scarlett, and Dionte Mullins,” “Miami is getting all this talent but it doesn’t mean nothing. Some people change in college, good one minute and sorry the next. It doesn’t phase me to see what everybody else is doing.”

Ok then

Ok then

In no way am I denying this kids god given abilities & athleticism but every blurb from this kid makes me think he's had a brain injury or something. Not the brightest I don't think.

He'll be lucky to make it into Marshall at the rate he's going.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its whatever, he can go or he can come..lol, either way, we will be ok. There are other TE's on our board. I like that Mouton kid from LA alot. Only knock against him, is size, 6'1 is more like H-Back territory, not full TE duties.

DIDN'T WANT TO START ANOTHER THREAD BUT THE LAST ONE WAS LOCKED. IF YOU DON'T CARE DON'T READ

Traveled around Dade County, making stops at Westminster Christian and Champagnat Catholic after beginning his career at Southridge. Now the star tight end is on the move again. Clarington (6-6, 222) announced on Tuesday that he will spend his senior year at Booker T. Washington.

-Says “Things weren’t working out at Champagnat so I knew last week I was leaving,” “I know going to Booker T., we could have a shot at a national championship. I’m not familiar yet with too many people over there but that’s going to change really soon.”

-visited Tennessee and Georgia last month, his first time seeing anywhere besides Miami.

-Says “Those trips went well, it made me want to see more schools really,” “The environment surprised me, the weather was nice, they have a lot of cool stuff. I’m not sure how much yet but I can say I’m considering both schools.”

-LSU is the one school that has received the most buzz in recent weeks.said that although he’s interested in the Tigers, it got blown out of proportion.

-Says “I wouldn’t mind visiting LSU, I would love to see what they got for me,” “I’m curious about how they might use me but I have no idea how I’m going to get up there this summer. The thing is that they don’t talk to me and I don’t talk to anybody there. I’m surprised but it is what it is.”

-rarely tries to give away anything that would indicate who he likes but he admits Miami does have one thing going for them.

-Says “Even though it’s so close, I treat Miami the same as Oregon or any school far away,” “They recruit me the hardest though, I can’t lie about that. They get at me on Twitter every day and other schools don’t do it the same way as Miami. They’re right down the street and they invite me to come by whenever I can. I lost count how many times I went.”

-certainly took notice of the Hurricanes landing a few highly touted South Florida prospects within in the past week.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/TE-Devonaire-Clarington-Talks-BTW-Transfer-Recruiting-29569974

How is lsu going to use you? Well lets see they dont like to throw the ball and even if they did they dont have a qb who can?

Advertisement
We will never recruit a kid from Champagnat again after the Valentine debacle.

The BTW move is a desperAte attempt to get us interested in this kid again.

The word is he is soft and a little two Hollywood. I think we pass on him.

Advertisement
Goes to Booker to have a shot at a championship bc of the talent there but not "phased" by all the talent coming to the U?? Brilliant.

Kids say stupid things so ill reserve judgement. If Golden and Co. Like him, that's all I need to know.

Advertisement
Grown-*** adults freaking out that a 17 year old sounds stupid with the press let alone every day life. Sounds like most 17 year olds by definition. The ones that don't sound stupid are more of the exception not the rule. It's called youth. Relax.

Grown-*** adults freaking out that a 17 year old sounds stupid with the press let alone every day life. Sounds like most 17 year olds by definition. The ones that don't sound stupid are more of the exception not the rule. It's called youth. Relax.

I think he's 19, but I understand what you're saying.

I think he's 19, but I understand what you're saying.

stand corrected if true. But point still does apply. Substitute hs senior then.

His last comment isn't disparaging about Miami. It's Chad Thomas' attitude last year just more vocal. He don't care about where everyone else is heading.

Actually, he probably just has a good memory and is referencing our 08 class.

Advertisement
Back