2025 Devin Sanchez 5* CB from Houston, TX

Advertisement
A 16 year old already at 260-265 will eventually grow into the DT without much issue. And I'm sure your take about reclassified kids isn't anything all that unique in that you think they don't pan out.
Didn’t say it was unique, I said I don’t think y’all wanna hear it. But they don’t, or they transfer. And the kid isn’t a DT. If they want him to play DT give him like 2 years, which given his already evident immaturity, I assume he won’t wanna wait around and will ultimately…transfer.

Didn’t say it was unique, I said I don’t think y’all wanna hear it. But they don’t, or they transfer. And the kid isn’t a DT. If they want him to play DT give him like 2 years, which given his already evident immaturity, I assume he won’t wanna wait around and will ultimately…transfer.
I can't see how a kid whose almost 2 years younger than most EE's can be labeled physically immature when hes already 260+. But if he were needed to play this year then yeah he'd be a SDE, but he wasn't going to play here and I'm pretty sure he and his family/handlers were aware of that or they likely wouldn't push him to reclassify at all. He will be DT ready physically by fall of year 2 if he remains free of catastrophic injury.

Advertisement
Absolutely no evidence that we have any traction in this recruitment (we offered more than a year ago). But if Mario really is taking CB recruiting personally like he did with DT last cycle, this would be priority #1 for he & Chevis to flip and more so because he's committed to O$U. @Memnon has been pounding the table that we need to make every conceivable effort to flip him, full court press. When @Memnon pounds the table on a CB, I listen. Hopefully the coaches do to.

A Flagg pic? Will not sign

2. Russell shoulda been dropped and will transfer.
While I personally agree with you that Rusell was a reach and shouldn't have been a take. He was one of the first recruits they took a commitment from and didn't drop him, whereas they dropped others.

So your degree in scouting, and mine, from CIS community College means absolutely nothing and it especially doesn't have the power to just eliminate the player from existence just bc you don't like him.

We took 4 DTs, whether you like them or not. So your statement of we took 2 DTs is blatantly false and a misstatement of what actually happened in real life.

While I personally agree with you that Rusell was a reach and shouldn't have been a take. He was one of the first recruits they took a commitment from and didn't drop him, whereas they dropped others.

So your degree in scouting, and mine, from CIS community College means absolutely nothing and it especially doesn't have the power to just eliminate the player from existence just bc you don't like him.

We took 4 DTs, whether you like them or not. So your statement of we took 2 DTs is blatantly false and a misstatement of what actually happened in real life.
Wrong. we took 2.5 DT's and realistically only Scott and Jones. Russell didnt play DT in high school and only played DE and didnt even have his hand in the dirt most of the time so more of an EDGE. At least Blount played DT from time to time but even then he played mostly DE for his team. So at most we signed 3 "elite" (high potential) DT's and a questionable EDGE take in Russell. It was an elite DL class not an elite DT class.

Wrong. we took 2.5 DT's and realistically only Scott and Jones. Russell didnt play DT in high school and only played DE and didnt even have his hand in the dirt most of the time so more of an EDGE. At least Blount played DT from time to time but even then he played mostly DE for his team. So at most we signed 3 "elite" (high potential) DT's and a questionable EDGE take in Russell. It was an elite DL class not an elite DT class.

Just my opinion but signing "3 "elite" (high potential) DT's" is an elite DT class to me.

Advertisement
What’s the OSU connection to Texas? They do well pulling kids out of that part of the country. Anyone in the know? Thanks in advance…

Go Canes!

I can't see how a kid whose almost 2 years younger than most EE's can be labeled physically immature when hes already 260+. But if he were needed to play this year then yeah he'd be a SDE, but he wasn't going to play here and I'm pretty sure he and his family/handlers were aware of that or they likely wouldn't push him to reclassify at all. He will be DT ready physically by fall of year 2 if he remains free of catastrophic injury.
I wasn’t calling him physically immature. Mentally he is. And they pushed him to chase the bag, the biggest one too. And by year 2, sure, like I said. But by then he’ll be a rotation DT player cause our actual DTs will be experienced and more developed to play the position and then take into account transfers and future DT recruits. I realistically see him transferring

Advertisement

So what’s your take on the DL class last year?

Particularly DT…

Just my opinion but signing "3 "elite" (high potential) DT's" is an elite DT class to me.
Scott is elite as he is a 5 star. Blount as well but still no guarantee he will play DT when its all said and done so question mark if to even consider him a DT. Artavius is high upside due to his measurables which brings us yet another question mark.

Its really very high potential but also high risk 2/4 so called DT never end up playing a down at DT. Need to get 2 to hit for it to be a very good haul. I would not call it elite though.

DT recruiting is hard due to not many in classes and most big body ready to play guys coming from southern small towns. Im not blaming the staff just it is what it is. Now if Stone would have been on board along with Jayden Jackson I would have called that haul elite and we were close to that happening, just need to keep stacking DT's. It is a very good haul.

Advertisement
He’s not a DT. SDE. I also have a take I don’t think y’all wanna hear about reclassified recruits
You don't know what your talking about.

It was a monster recruiting class for DT. That's why it is the #1 recruiting class for the DL for the 2024 cycle.

4 DTs and 4 DEs. Every DL regardless of star ranking has upside and merit. Some have higher ceilings while others will need more time and development. This is the mix you want. You can't land four 5-star DTs in the same class. They aren't going to stick around waiting for shared PT. You need guys that redshirt and contribute in years 4 and 5. The 5-star players are likely out in 3.

Mario doesn't just hand out scholarships. He knows what he's doing.

You don't know what your talking about.

It was a monster recruiting class for DT. That's why it is the #1 recruiting class for the DL for the 2024 cycle.

4 DTs and 4 DEs. Every DL regardless of star ranking has upside and merit. Some have higher ceilings while others will need more time and development. This is the mix you want. You can't land four 5-star DTs in the same class. They aren't going to stick around waiting for shared PT. You need guys that redshirt and contribute in years 4 and 5. The 5-star players are likely out in 3.

Mario doesn't just hand out scholarships. He knows what he's doing.
Sure he does.

So what’s your take on the DL class last year?

Particularly DT…
I really like Artavius Jones. I think he’s gonna be the best out the class. When Scott committed to OSU a lot of people were calling him soft. I’ve also heard from people who seen him play live that he looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. His motor ran out quick too in the All Star game. Blount reminds me of Bain physically and his versatility, but I highly question his maturity and commitment. Like I said I do not like reclassified recruits. Love Lightfoot, he’s gonna be special imo. Needs to get some size and work on setting the edge but as a pass rusher he’s about as good a prospect as you can ask for. I really like what Booker showed in the All Star game as well, my only question is if he even plays DE because of his size? I don’t think Russell, Rudolph or McConathy will ever be a factor here, even tho I know yall love what Cole did at Spanish Fort …

Advertisement
Back