Devin Hester Miami Hurricanes Career Highlights

And Hest was a low key jerk running up on ppl just to make them do the splits or fall down b/c he knew he was better than them. Lol.

Advertisement
Still do not understand why we don't utilize players like we utilized Hester
What do you mean? Standing on sideline most of career and only really return punts? We barely used the kid, we pro style bro'd, of course corches said he couldnt get on field because he didnt know the offense (that has been ol faithful for corches), then moved to defense (he wanted to play but his skills were obvious with ball in hand). Then finally LSU game they decided to highlight him and try to sell him that they would use him like reggie bush the next year to come back. He threw up the deuces on them corches!

Maybe you meant misused or underutilized. As amazing as he was when he did get the ball, I still feel robbed from what he could of been with the right utilization. I hope I never see malpractice like that again. And its not the utilization, its getting players with that obvious, grandma in stands even can tell undeniable talent.

We didnt really utilize him at all. He played a little defense here and there and a few plays on offense. We actually sucked at utilizing him. He should of been on offense from day one. Dude was electric with the ball in his hands.
Well, when u try and force feed a talent in football, often times u end up with 1999 Peter Warricks return vs Clemson. Meaning the rest of the offense gets out of rhythm..IMO Hester should’ve been used on defense full time. And I know that’s a unpopular opinion among our fans but he had the tools to be a AA DB. The mistake we made was bouncing him between 2 or 3 position groups

Well, when u try and force feed a talent in football, often times u end up with 1999 Peter Warricks return vs Clemson. Meaning the rest of the offense gets out of rhythm..IMO Hester should’ve been used on defense full time. And I know that’s a unpopular opinion among our fans but he had the tools to be a AA DB. The mistake we made was bouncing him between 2 or 3 position groups
Yeah he switched positions every year at Miami which was not helpful at all

What do you mean? Standing on sideline most of career and only really return punts? We barely used the kid, we pro style bro'd, of course corches said he couldnt get on field because he didnt know the offense (that has been ol faithful for corches), then moved to defense (he wanted to play but his skills were obvious with ball in hand). Then finally LSU game they decided to highlight him and try to sell him that they would use him like reggie bush the next year to come back. He threw up the deuces on them corches!

Maybe you meant misused or underutilized. As amazing as he was when he did get the ball, I still feel robbed from what he could of been with the right utilization. I hope I never see malpractice like that again. And its not the utilization, its getting players with that obvious, grandma in stands even can tell undeniable talent.
He didn’t do amazing against LSU but who can blame him? His first game actually getting multiply offensive snaps was in a meaningless game against a very talented team

Advertisement
what a unique player. Never before and never again will we see what is basically a savant in kick returns. Basically a genius. He saw things most can’t, processed the information in a hearbeat and had the physical tools to take advantage of what he processed.

I was at the NC State game back in the day when he broke the opening kick back 105 yards. That crowd in Raleigh was hyped up big time. Dude hit that crease and cut it back, making a defender look like he was on roller skates, then cut it all the way across the field. At the time I thought it was the fastest I'd ever seen someone run live. Incredible. The reaction from the crowd was priceless. They knew all the hype around him and still couldn't believe it.

Advertisement
I was at the NC State game back in the day when he broke the opening kick back 105 yards. That crowd in Raleigh was hyped up big time. Dude hit that crease and cut it back, making a defender look like he was on roller skates, then cut it all the way across the field. At the time I thought it was the fastest I'd ever seen someone run live. Incredible. The reaction from the crowd was priceless. They knew all the hype around him and still couldn't believe it.
And stared at the entire NCST sidelines the last 40yds....

Must have been insane

Advertisement
He was suprisingly faster with the ball in his hands. I’m not sure he was the fastest sprinter but he hit holes faster than anyone I’ve ever seen🙌
He was Fast af....but several Canes were Faster....Thing with DH...He had the innate ability to get back up to Top Speed when he had to alter his original plan...

One of the most unique talents ever to set foot on a football field - I love Hester, I go back and forth on "favorite players" but he always ends up there so I guess I'll just have to say he is my favorite Cane ever. That return against Louisville doesn't get enough love...one of my favorite moments (even though we shouldn't have been in that spot...but we're talking Hester here).

He was Fast af....but several Canes were Faster....Thing with DH...He had the innate ability to get back up to Top Speed when he had to alter his original plan...
Hester might not be the fastest player like other special team guys, but what made him so special was his ability to see holes before they opened up and to change directions mid play

Advertisement
Hester might not be the fastest player like other special team guys, but what made him so special was his ability to see holes before they opened up and to change directions mid play
Oh he was Fast....Real Fast...With other mindboggling abilities...Only a handful of Former Canes Faster...

Anytime you make the NFL change it's Rules, because you've Abused it's original format, tells you all you need to know...

THANK YOU!

This is y he needs to be in the HOF. Hester would’ve had 30 return TDs and 3 more PBS on his resume had the NFL not changed the kickoff rules and PB selection process, and it was b/c of Hester. Teams literally had no choice but to give my Bears good field position or take a chance and kick it to Hester. That’s HOF worthy. Just like Steph Curry changed the nature of the NBA, Hester changed Special Teams. That’s special.

He and Steve Tasker are the best ST guys of all time, but it’s Hester by a land slide. He better get in.

THANK YOU!

This is y he needs to be in the HOF. Hester would’ve had 30 return TDs and 3 more PBS on his resume had the NFL not changed the kickoff rules and PB selection process, and it was b/c of Hester. Teams literally had no choice but to give my Bears good field position or take a chance and kick it to Hester. That’s HOF worthy. Just like Steph Curry changed the nature of the NBA, Hester changed Special Teams. That’s special.

He and Steve Tasker are the best ST guys of all time, but it’s Hester by a land slide. He better get in.
@Rellyrell...just like how Bob Hayes was responsible for Prevent/Nickle Defenses...Anytime you have an impact like those 2 mentioned speaks volumes...

Advertisement
Back