Devin Hester Career Highlights Miami (2003-05)

Some of that footage is so grainy it’s like watching a yeti in the woods.

If we didn’t have the tape we wouldn’t believe a player like this could exist.
It’s hard to find footage 😂 took me hours of watching old games I literally had to go through 30 games

Advertisement
Hester should’ve been used as a utility player on offense doing a litte bit of everything to add a spark that was missing on that 2005 Offense. They were missing an impact player and he was on the bench smh. And I would’ve started him at cb. He led the team in interceptions and barely played in 2004. That team had Antrel Rolle Brandon Meriweather and Kelly Jennings on it. We would’ve been a better team.

Meh. I feel like switching back and forth between CB and WR should come relatively easy and is pretty natural, kinda like DE/TE. I think he was just a phenomenal athlete but had trouble finding a home.
True, but it’s definitely a harder adjustment in college than high school. I can only name a few players in recent history that have been really successful on both sides of the ball (Peppers, and Adoree)

True, but it’s definitely a harder adjustment in college than high school. I can only name a few players in recent history that have been really successful on both sides of the ball (Peppers, and Adoree)

Fair. But that may also just be because coaches prefer to keep a guy at one position, not because they can't play multiple. I just don't think Hester was elite enough at any one position to stick there. Doesn't take anything away from him being the greatest return man of all time.

Advertisement
Yeah I can't disagree with that in special packages. He didn't have great hands but on screens or sweeps, etc he could have been devastating.

I was at Miami during the Hester years and my friends and I were always calling for him to drop 30 yards behind the LOS and just pass straight back to him. Simulated punt return.
And trick plays😂 imagine a double reverse or flea flicker with him going up the seam...

Catching punts and playing wr are nothing alike. Hester was what he was , a hof returner. He should’ve been used more as a gimmick in college on o but that’s all that could’ve changed. Chicago did everything they could to make him more than he was. I know somebody who played with him for years, I’ve heard stories.

He was what he was and that’s fine.
I disagree that Chicago did everything they could for him. Watched a series of stories about cutler being a horrible teammate during those years

Advertisement
I could only imagine the frustration y’all probably went through

Naw champ; u really can’t. Lol. Completely misused. By the time he got to Atlanta & they started featuring him a little better, he was older in his career. But we tricked off our Hester years. The fact they tried to make him a #1 WR.....

Man, my blood is starting to boil again. Let me stop. Lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back