Devin Hester Career Highlights Miami (2003-05)

Advertisement
I hope I’m remembering it correctly, but he did qualify. He had a qualified test score under review. He wasn’t a good student. He did meet the minimum requirements for college admittance. 🤔
i think you’re correct - his score got flagged and the ncaa rejected it. - hester in an interview says it was the UF recruiter who called in the flag. the ncaa ended up dropping the objection a year later, iirc.

but going on memory here - i don’t think he had his score (later challenged) on NSD. If that’s correct, he likely wouldn’t have gotten a LOI under current rules.

Last edited:
UNC DBs were laughing at our offense and how simple it was for defenses.. Yet our own players we have always heard "couldnt pick up the playbook".. Pro style bro offense in a nutshell.. Harder for our players and simple af for defense.. Its a crime we couldnt make more of his talent. I will never understand how people try to justify him not being a NFL wr to make it ok he sat bench while we crashed the ferrari 200 mph into a wall.. Good times..

Advertisement
The GOAT Returner. I've been waiting for so god**** long for anyone at UM to come close to him and it just hasn't happened. Such a weapon, game changer, momentum changer, etc.

This dude's return TDs against UF and Louisville almost sent me to the hospital. Blood pressure did a crash landing on the moon. Twice. And, you know there wasn't even drinking water or a working restroom in the OB WEZ. So you just sat there and tried to get your life back together.

This dude's return TDs against UF and Louisville almost sent me to the hospital. Blood pressure did a crash landing on the moon. Twice. And, you know there wasn't even drinking water or a working restroom in the OB WEZ. So you just sat there and tried to get your life back together.
The Duke return, mane. That was mind blowing. (Referring to Hester, not the multi-lateral one.)

Advertisement
Good job on the clips but the music is GD awful and not for this stuff. Use some action instrumental music and call it a day. I watched it all but had to turn off the sound.
Ayy thanks man. Always taking suggestions, next time I’ll change up the music style

If Coker wasn't such a clown, the whole "you can be the next Percy Harvin" bull**** wouldn't hold much weight at all.

Alot of wasted opportunity for Hester here because of that *****

Advertisement
I refuse to believe he wouldn't be an elite slot WR in today's simplified wide-open offenses.

it's an interesting point.

the mental aspect of today's passing game is (in most spread systems) simpler and more intuitive than it was 12-15 years ago. especially as it relates to what your no.2/slot receivers (the Y, and H in particular) are asked to learn and understand. there's more pressure on the QB and in some ways, the OL, but less on WR's. as i think about it, there are some packages where he would even be very effective in the F, lining up in the backfield.

all in? i agree with you. i think his effectiveness today on offense would have been greater than than it was back then.

all that being said, nothing can change the fact that as a kick returner, he was the GOAT. Period. I would fight anybody who says otherwise, and I would win, because i would have truth and righteousness on my side. he was, simply the best.

Advertisement
He told me his favorite was the TD against Louisville that was called back.....he broke 4 ankles and shredded 2 Knees on that one....

Neither was Reggie Bush.

Regardless of the pros, he could have transformed the Miami offense.

We left ALOT of meat on the bone.
I don’t think Hester should have been a full on starter on offense. But even getting him 5-6 touches on offense a game would be enough to keep the defense on their heels

Advertisement
Back