Devante Peete?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He'll be a Cane. I don't think FSU is recruiting him that hard. They offered him a long time ago from my understanding and aren't that high on him anymore.

Zero separation vs highschool DBs = pass

We actually need some guys who can make plays on the football without getting separation.

It's kind of necessary. You aren't going to be separating from really good corners but a few yards anyway.

It's nice to have burners and guys who can accelerate in and out of breaks, but I think it's more important to have guys who can be physical at the point of the catch.

That's part of the reason why our receivers have become less involved. Clive is more reliable on 3rd downs. We don't have the guy that will pluck footballs out of the air with somebody draped on him.

My concern with Peete, as it is with most high school receivers for that matter, is him being able to get off of a Division 1 jam at the line. Dorsett struggled with it for his first two years. The FSU corners sequestered him in 2012 for that very reason.

Advertisement
Zero separation vs highschool DBs = pass

We actually need some guys who can make plays on the football without getting separation.

It's kind of necessary. You aren't going to be separating from really good corners but a few yards anyway.

It's nice to have burners and guys who can accelerate in and out of breaks, but I think it's more important to have guys who can be physical at the point of the catch.

That's part of the reason why our receivers have become less involved. Clive is more reliable on 3rd downs. We don't have the guy that will pluck footballs out of the air with somebody draped on him.

My concern with Peete, as it is with most high school receivers for that matter, is him being able to get off of a Division 1 jam at the line. Dorsett struggled with it for his first two years. The FSU corners sequestered him in 2012 for that very reason.

agreed, but don't think Peete has those qualities either, he's just big

Chapman and D.Phillips on the otherside posses those intangibles.

We will take him as a TE. It's a reason he is playing TE now for STA. We what 2 TEs we got a Juco and with Clarington gone peete is the logical answer.

We will take him as a TE. It's a reason he is playing TE now for STA. We what 2 TEs we got a Juco and with Clarington gone peete is the logical answer.

I actually think Gosier might be the answer. That kid is going to end up huge. He might even end up an edge player on defense.

I actually think Gosier might be the answer. That kid is going to end up huge. He might even end up an edge player on defense.

I think you maybe right. i didnt think about that. He's 6-6 200 pounds. and can jump. idk about blocking though. I like Gosier though.

Advertisement
Back