Devante Peete article summary plz

kev13108

Junior
Premium
He's listed at 6'5 195 pounds and is a stud 2015 Wr from Aquinas. Can someone plz summarize the article. Kid is a stud playmaker and he's huge which is a major plus. Kid would look fantastic in orange and green! Go canes!

Advertisement
From Rivals/ Canesports:

- Had a good junior season of over 20 passes for 400 yards with 6 TDs.
- Most of the schools that have offered are in the SEC, along with FSU, UM, USC and WV.
- Miami is coming at him the hardest. FSU is on him too. Bama and OSU like him too.
- Miami coaches are reaching out to him via FB, making sure he is doing well in school and other topics they talk about.
- He attended the UM-UF game - he liked the game, liked it was a full house. "Miami came to play and made more plays to get the victory.
- He made a top 4 of Bama, FSu, Miami and OSU. He feels more comfortable with the UM staff
- Says the coaches love him. They always reach out to him. He had a great talk with them after the spring game and its been great from there.
- Now that the season is over for him he is turning his attention to recruiting and contact the schools that are showing interest in him.

Been on our radar for a long long time. I remember first reading about this kid quite a few years ago, and we were on him pretty good

Advertisement
How does he compare to the other WRs in the 2015 class (Burgess-Becker, Ridley, Philips, Irvin, Martin, Durante)?

I dont know about this kid yet. I need to see him hit the camp circuit. He DEF LOOKS the part. But I thought he would dominate a little more this year. Maybe my expectations were a little too unfair. I was thinking he was on the same level as SBB/Ridley/DPhillips. Maybe he is a notch below. Nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No way we take more than 4 WRs next cycle.

IMO we should sign 3.

Remember we will have scholarship reductions and we have serious needs at other positions.

Also South Fl is stocked with stud DBs in 2015, and we need to load up on those more than WR IMO.

SBB, Ridley, and Irvin would be an awesome WR haul for 2015, if we do take 4 WRs then I would love to add Phillips from Central.

We should go all out for the following DBs:

(1) S Jaquan Johnson (MUST GET and IMO most important recruit in this class)

(2) CB Tyrek Cole

(3) S Kendrell McFadden

(4) CB Minkah Fitzpatrick (5 star CB from Jersey that has high interest in us)

(5) S Rico McGraw (4 star S from Eler's school in TN that has high interest in us)

(6) CB Tavarus McFadden (6'3 190 lbs 5 star CB that we haven't offered for some crazy reason)

(7) CB Kevin Toliver (5 star CB with offer from Jax FL that is currently committed to L$U)

(8) CB Rashard Causey(6'0 180 lbs CB with 4.4 speed and an offer)

IMO we need to offer Cronkite already so we can secure the West Minister Trio (WR/APB Irvin, RB/S Cronkite, and TE Clarington), Jaquan Johnson wants to play with them and they want to play with Jaquan. Tyrek Cole has also said that he wants to be in the same defensive backfield as Jaquan.

We must land one of Jordan Scarlett or Jaques Patrick(no way we get both), and IMO Jordan Conkrite would make a great second RB in the class who also could project as our 3rd or 4th Safety in the class behind Jaquan Johnson and Kembrell McFadden(and possibly Rico McGraw if we take 3-4 Safeties[only way we take 4 Safeties in 2015 is if we don't land one this year]).

And QB/ATH Torrance Gibson is a MUST GET!

2015 Dream Class So Far:

Dual Threat QB - Torrance Gibson

Pro-Style QB - Brandon Wimbush (teammates with 5 star CB Minkah Fitzpatrick and they have said they would like to play together in college) LONGSHOT

RB - Jaques Patrick or Jordan Scarlett

RB/ S - Jordan Conkrite(needs an offer)

APB/WR - Tim Irvin

WR - SBB

WR - Calvin Ridley

WR - Da'Vante Phillips

TE - Devonaire Clarington

I Don't know enough about any of the OLinemen or DLinemen in 2015

MLB - Cecil Cherry (sucks that he will most likely stick with TN since his dad played there, but he is a huge Ray Lewis fan if that means anything) LONGSHOT

OLB - Ricky DeBerry (have heard that he is a big Canes fan)

OLB - Charles Perry (UM commit)

OLB - Jeffrey Holland (Stud LB from Jax so will most likely end up at FSU) LONGSHOT

OLB - Dominic Sheppard (Stud LB from Columbus with Bama offer[Cane offer too])

S - Jaquan Johnson (IMO most important recruit this cycle and if we land him early, the rest of the class falls into place very nicely)

S - Kembrell McFadden (6'3 180 lbs Safety with heavy Cane interest)

S - Rico McGraw (only if we don't land a Safety this year) LONGSHOT that we might not pursue hard

CB - Tyrek Cole

CB - Minkah Fitzpatrick (5 star longshot, but has high interest in the Canes and so does his teammate Wimbush and they have said they would like to play together in college and Al can bring in Jersey kids) LONGSHOT

CB - Tavarus McFadden (6'3 190 lbs 5 star CB with no offer WTF?????) LONGSHOT

CB - Kevin Toliver (6'2 185 lbs 5 star CB committed to LSU from Jax) LONGSHOT

CB - Rashard Causey (6'0 180 lbs CB with 4.4 speed and an offer)

So that is 22 recruits without OLinemen and DLinemen so this list is very unrealistic right now. Also notice that I put LONGSHOT next to 7 names of players that I doubt we land.

After taking a pretty large OLine and DLine classes this year, I look for us to land 3-4 OLinemen and around 4-5 Dlinemen in 2015.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back