Details Posted Regarding College Gameday at UM Saturday

HurricaneAce07

Class of 2007
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but UM posted the official communication on the College Gameday plan/location:

ESPN College GameDay to Broadcast Live from UM Campus - University of Miami Hurricanes

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced Wednesday that ESPN's iconic College GameDay show will be broadcast live on the UM campus for the first time this Saturday, November 11, at the school's Lakeside Patio.

Screen_Shot_2017_11_08_at_10_24_44_AM.jpg

The three-hour show, which debuted in 1987 and has been broadcasting on location from college campuses all across the country since 1993, will serve as a prelude to the seventh-ranked Hurricanes' nationally televised tilt against No. 3 Notre Dame Saturday night at Hard Rock Stadium. The game will be televised nationally on ABC at 8 p.m. and marks the Irish's first visit to South Florida to play UM since 1989.

College GameDay will be broadcast live on ESPN from 9 a.m. to noon. The main stage will be set up on the north end of the patio, between the Donna E. Shalala Student Center and the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

The event is free and open to the public. Fans may begin arriving to the "Pit" area in front of the stage on a first come, first serve basis at 5 a.m. The Pit opens at 6:30 a.m. In addition, there will be overflow viewing areas around Lake Osceola and the Rock Plaza. Attendees can park at the Merrick and Pavia Garages, which are best accessed off Stanford Drive. Both garages will open at 5 a.m.

Fans who attend the live broadcast should expect to follow the ESPN "Pit Rules."

• Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 5 a.m., with the Pit opening at approximately 6:30 a.m.
• Fans entering the pit will be screened and wanded by security.
• No bags, backpacks or purses permitted in the pit.
• No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage).
• No signs or flags on a stick/pole, etc.
• No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards.
• No food or drinks.
• Throwing of objects is prohibited.

This is the seventh time College GameDay has been to Miami for a Hurricanes game, but the show's first visit to Coral Gables. UM has a 5-1 record in the previous six games. Overall, this is the 338th road show in College GameDay's history, which has featured trips to 69 campuses and 81 locations.

Advertisement
That background view is going to be nice. The SAC, plus a piece of lake Osceola, and the fountain. No other school can compete with that kind of view on Gameday. It's distinctly Miami. You know The Rat is going to be packed, too bad they aren't serving alcohol that morning.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but UM posted the official communication on the College Gameday plan/location:

ESPN College GameDay to Broadcast Live from UM Campus - University of Miami Hurricanes

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced Wednesday that ESPN's iconic College GameDay show will be broadcast live on the UM campus for the first time this Saturday, November 11, at the school's Lakeside Patio.

View attachment 53667

The three-hour show, which debuted in 1987 and has been broadcasting on location from college campuses all across the country since 1993, will serve as a prelude to the seventh-ranked Hurricanes' nationally televised tilt against No. 3 Notre Dame Saturday night at Hard Rock Stadium. The game will be televised nationally on ABC at 8 p.m. and marks the Irish's first visit to South Florida to play UM since 1989.

College GameDay will be broadcast live on ESPN from 9 a.m. to noon. The main stage will be set up on the north end of the patio, between the Donna E. Shalala Student Center and the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

The event is free and open to the public. Fans may begin arriving to the "Pit" area in front of the stage on a first come, first serve basis at 5 a.m. The Pit opens at 6:30 a.m. In addition, there will be overflow viewing areas around Lake Osceola and the Rock Plaza. Attendees can park at the Merrick and Pavia Garages, which are best accessed off Stanford Drive. Both garages will open at 5 a.m.

Fans who attend the live broadcast should expect to follow the ESPN "Pit Rules."

• Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 5 a.m., with the Pit opening at approximately 6:30 a.m.
• Fans entering the pit will be screened and wanded by security.
• No bags, backpacks or purses permitted in the pit.
• No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage).
• No signs or flags on a stick/pole, etc.
• No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards.
• No food or drinks.
• Throwing of objects is prohibited.

This is the seventh time College GameDay has been to Miami for a Hurricanes game, but the show's first visit to Coral Gables. UM has a 5-1 record in the previous six games. Overall, this is the 338th road show in College GameDay's history, which has featured trips to 69 campuses and 81 locations.

Canes by 1000

That background view is going to be nice. The SAC, plus a piece of lake Osceola, and the fountain. No other school can compete with that kind of view on Gameday. It's distinctly Miami. You know The Rat is going to be packed, too bad they aren't serving alcohol that morning.

bars gunna be closed? wouldn't be surprised for them to have it open special for gameday

Advertisement

bars gunna be closed? wouldn't be surprised for them to have it open special for gameday

Yeah that would be an awful business decision by them to not have it open

They've already announced that The Rat will be open, but alcohol will NOT be served. There will be a special brunch menu though, so that should be nice.

Looking at the gameday rules they’re trying to keep I‎t clean. NO flags on. Pole? I could swear I’ve seen flags on poles at other gamedays. I hope we can sneak in a few zinger signs. They even are trying to avoid any religious signs to protect the diners!

Advertisement
Looking at the gameday rules they’re trying to keep I‎t clean. NO flags on. Pole? I could swear I’ve seen flags on poles at other gamedays. I hope we can sneak in a few zinger signs. They even are trying to avoid any religious signs to protect the diners!

Odds are they learned from the last time they did Gameday in Miami, and are trying to prevent similar crap from happening again. This isn't an open field, so it will be easier to clamp down. That said, there will still be plenty of flags and signs.

thats outside "the pit" area. all these rules are just for the pit.

usually when they set up at scools ppl will be behind the pit also with whatever they want. But for us behind the pit is a lake. so whatever.

Advertisement
Back