Destined to be a Hurricane - Chase Smith

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium

Another great story by Christy about an exceptional young man that could be a very special player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Has the speed and coverage ability for sure. What do you think about 20 more pounds on him and moving him to WLB? By year three, he could be 230....with that height and speed...he'd be everything Sam Brooks was supposed to be and more.

I don't want to say he'd be "wasted" there but I'd prefer to have a true LB at WLB since it's so instinctive. I'm not opposed to him sliding there on obvious passing downs to get another athlete on the field though. Chase is a chess piece and should be moved all over to give us a personnel advantage depending on the opponent (locking down a TE, covering the slot, etc.).

Advertisement
Irvin, Blades, Chickillo, Testeverde, James, Lewis, Patchtan, etc. The Canes have had some solid legacy players, but Chase Smith has a chance to be one of the best legacy players the Canes have had.

4 TD’s on defense. When was the last time we saw that and he’s not a d-back! I’m always blown away by his play making. Offense. Defense and special teams on the XP block. He will have an impact from year 1
We getting playmakers on D. If y’all haven’t go check out coach Hayes breakdown on Chris graves. After watching Rodgers HL I feel the same with him. Good ball skills already in HS. Then a kid like chase Smith played both ways, Malik Curtis also. And we forget about Marcus Clarke. Same deal, played both ways and was good return man In HS

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back