Derrick Smith State Title Game

Advertisement
When are you gone learn. Last year I brought you Zoe... CIS fans said he's not better than Bush or Pryor; said he too small; can't play in the box on the next level; late 3rd 4th rd pick... Result: 1st overall pick Safety... Moro Brings The Good News!!!

He's not better than Deon Bush and doesnt have the ceiling Bush has, once he plays a full season healthy he'll prove that to be true.

Zoe is just a run stopper but made no where near the impact as Keanu Neal did for the Falcons

It's not even close:

Deon Bush played in three games; 2 tackles, 0 Ints
Keanu Neal played in five games; 27 tackles, 0 Ints; Playoffs
Karl Joseph played in three games; 16 tackles, 1 Ints, Playoffs

Neither of the two Neal or Bush, consistently made more game changing plays than Zoe at the college level which is translating early thus far in the league. So when you do projections the player that naturally plays bigger than he really is; that will be the ultimate factor that determines long-term success rather than speed and physical size. This is where FL Boyz impact the system; U can't measure this, you see it when they are kicking your *** on game day which all three are from FL but Zoe just got that "it" factor!!! When people from outside the state see players playing like this (Derrick Smith) they say they see a LB. A player like Sean Taylor would have been a LB on most college teams outside of FL but the U makes better use of them as a Safety.

Last edited:
What for? Game speed is what really matters. However, I do think 7 on 7 camps should be played in full pads. You will get a better projection on these guys at the next level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
“This is a Power Five talent, with Group of Five speed and explosiveness,” ESPN wrote, “but he is a very good football player with versatility. He plays hard and could blossom over the next few years.” Smith, from Class 3A state champion Jacksonville-Trinity Christian, is listed at 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds. According to 247Sports, he also holds offers from North Carolina State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, UNC, Virginia Tech and in-staters UCF, USF and FAU. This is where you appreciate Richt and staff on fine combing players that showed up at paradise camp because these are the players like Zoe that have you scratching your head like how did we let that guy get away (Kiffin). Hopefully the staff is doing the same for the WRs that also showed up at paradise camp. I'll put the pressure on the writers at CIS and other media outlets who also had access to this camp to review your notes and highlight those players. It's a win win for everyone!

Derrick Smith.jpg

Last edited:
“This is a Power Five talent, with Group of Five speed and explosiveness,” ESPN wrote, “but he is a very good football player with versatility. He plays hard and could blossom over the next few years.” Smith, from Class 3A state champion Jacksonville-Trinity Christian, is listed at 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds. According to 247Sports, he also holds offers from North Carolina State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, UNC, Virginia Tech and in-staters UCF, USF and FAU. This is where you appreciate Richt and staff on fine combing players that showed up at paradise camp because these are the players like Zoe that have scratching your head like how did we let that guy get away (Kiffin). Hopefully we are doing the same at the WRs that also showed up at paradise camp. I'll put the pressure on the writers at CIS and other media outlets who also had access to this camp to review your notes and highlight those players. It's a win win for everyone!

I don't think he'll be a lb, into he's a S all day

Oh yeah, and the versatility gives you the ability to create more wrinkles for the defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back