D'eriq King for Heisman

cfbfan711

Banned
Banned
Advertising w/o Compensation to the House of Androol
The U needs to get behind a campaign for his Heisman candidacy. Under this new offense he can put up Heisman numbers, but that award is all about politics/publicity.

Anyone know a good site to bet him to win, the book i use [Oh look, RVA deleted your gambling site] has him listed in the field. Would love to get him with a big payoff!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Nah, way too early.

We don't need him to be a Heisman winner, just don't turn the ball over (which he doesn't) & be a playmaker (which he is) & we'll win games.

I'm not expecting King to be a Heisman QB, but I do think he'll put up better numbers than Rosier did in 2017, whether or not that will get him in the H discussion is irrelevant to me.

Just win the Coastal & get us a trip to Charlotte & the rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
The U needs to get behind a campaign for his Heisman candidacy. Under this new offense he can put up Heisman numbers, but that award is all about politics/publicity.

Anyone know a good site to bet him to win, the book i use -deleted betting site - has him listed in the field. Would love to get him with a big payoff!!
So you created a account just to pump a betting site?? C'mon man....
giphy (12).gif

Last edited:
Fly the banner - and help support Banner pilots, they've been grounded cause of the Vid. If money's a problem, I know a guy who can help you fundraise. If you need the number, he's got it on speed dial, tell them you're from CIS for the discount.

Anyone know a good site to bet him to win, the book i use [Oh look, RVA deleted your gambling site] has him listed in the field. Would love to get him with a big payoff!!
Match over:

B1306579-1012-4CE0-BCEE-D63EE921511C.gif

Advertisement
Just because OP’s been emasculated for unapproved advertising doesn’t mean we can’t talk about King’s potential to put up Heisman-worthy numbers. Never mind OP... he’s with Clemenza now sleeping with the fishes.

Carry on

Last edited:
If we win 10+ and he puts up the type of numbers that he’s proven capable of, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he gets invited to NY.

But that’s the least of my concerns right now, we just need to take it game by game, rack up some Ws and whatever happens, happens.

If we win 10+ and he puts up the type of numbers that he’s proven capable of, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he gets invited to NY.

But that’s the least of my concerns right now, we just need to take it game by game, rack up some Ws and whatever happens, happens.
Two losses with this schedule probably doesn't get him invited to NYC. The numbers he'd have to put up with two losses would be so great, well, how would we lose two games?

It's just my opinion, but I think a BAD game for King is still better than 90% of our recent QBs good games. We simply shouldn't lose much with a QB of his caliber, unless the gut rot is even worse than I thought.

King hasn't played in a hot minute and when he did play it wasn't power 5 football and it wasn't behind what I would consider a failure of an OL.

I think he is probably the best athlete to ever take a snap at Miami and I know he will have some amazing moments. I'm real excited to see what he can do in Lashlee's offense, but I am concerned about him getting killed and not lasting the season.

I've never been more optimistic headed into a season that could be 10+ wins when there is also a very realistic chance it ends up being a 6 win season and the end of Manny.

Advertisement
Two losses with this schedule probably doesn't get him invited to NYC. The numbers he'd have to put up with two losses would be so great, well, how would we lose two games?

It's just my opinion, but I think a BAD game for King is still better than 90% of our recent QBs good games. We simply shouldn't lose much with a QB of his caliber, unless the gut rot is even worse than I thought.

Agree. The one exception was Lamar Jackson.

PFF Heisman rankings:

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-pffs-heisman-rankings-through-week-4

3. QB D’ERIQ KING, MIAMI (FL.)

PFF grade: 88.0​

King has now opened up his first year as a Hurricane with three straight PFF grades above 80.0. For perspective, there has never been a Miami quarterback in the PFF College era (since 2014) who has had three single-game grades above 80.0 in an entire season. The U is on pace to have the most efficient passing attack they’ve had in the PFF College era, and it’s not even close.
King's turnover-worthy play rate is the second-lowest in the country (he's recorded just one on 105 dropbacks), and his ability to make tremendous throws outside the pocket has been on full display — he’s produced three big-time throws outside the pocket, the second-most in the FBS. As a runner, King has busted off seven runs of 10-plus yards on 25 carries and averaged 5.7 yards after contact per attempt (first among quarterbacks by nearly a yard).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back