MLB Derek Jeter steps down as Marlins CEO, shareholder

Advertisement
Bud Selig doomed this franchise by selling it to the guy that destroyed one of their best franchises in the Expos.

Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach produce more baseball players per year than they do football players but all these dudes grew up a fan of another team because Loria is one of the worst sports owners in history.
Not one of the.

The absolute worst. If there is a Mt Rushmore of sports franchise owners of infamy, he takes the center most point.

I’m not a Marlins fan in the least, but I find it amazing that a historic stadium was destroyed for the product that’s been shown. But here’s the kicker; We’ve witnessed the Marlins win 2 WS in the past 25 yrs, & didn’t capitalize off of it. I thought my White Sox ownership was **** poor, but man r The Marlins giving my guys a run for their $$.

Crying shame. I know there was a rumor the team might relocate to another city a couple yrs back. Any word of that still happening?

I’m not a Marlins fan in the least, but I find it amazing that a historic stadium was destroyed for the product that’s been shown. But here’s the kicker; We’ve witnessed the Marlins win 2 WS in the past 25 yrs, & didn’t capitalize off of it. I thought my White Sox ownership was **** poor, but man r The Marlins giving my guys a run for their $$.

Crying shame. I know there was a rumor the team might relocate to another city a couple yrs back. Any word of that still happening?
No, the Marlins are locked in with the stadium for another 25 years per the stadium agreement when it opened in 2012. As a South Florida fan, the baseball stadium is pretty nice since they de-Loriaed it - removed the home run statue monstrosity from left field, removed the art gallery, etc.

Like another poster wrote, MLB should have never allowed the Jeter group to buy the team. They had just enough to buy the team and had nothing left to support the salaries of a MLB franchise. Hopefully someone with really deep pockets can come in and gain the fans' trust. Enough of being the best Triple A team that develops talent and then loses it to big contracts once their rookie deals run out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another worthless NY Yankee doing nothing. Sold every solid to great player for average players.

#Loser
Loser??....Lol....Mad at all his Yankee Rings??....
img_1_1645873666929.jpg

Best part is “ The Captain” did exactly what he wanted in his bio…buy a team and make them a farm team for the Yankees. Boo this man.

Advertisement
Best part is “ The Captain” did exactly what he wanted in his bio…buy a team and make them a farm team for the Yankees. Boo this man.
Besides Stanton, who’s been injured most of his career, who else did the Yankees get from Florida? Besides, the loser Marlins weren’t going to pay him anyway. Might as well try to trade him for minor league players than just let him leave in free agency.

They absolutely capitalized. They had a fire sale of the best players immediately afterwards.

Agreed. The problem with the Marlins is that for the last twenty four seasons, the team has lacked ownership willing to consistently invest in the team. There have been so many firesales and teardowns that they have completely squandered the goodwill of their fans. Honestly, they shouldn't be here. The Marlins should move to Nashville or Austin or some other city where the ground has not been salted, so to speak.

Then take that stadium, raze it, and put back in place exactly what should have never been removed to begin with.

and this was prior to the fire sale after Luria left

If the Marlins are to stay, they'll need an owner who will pore money into the franchise for at least a decade and operate at a loss. It will take at least that long to overcome the mistrust.
2500 a game attendance , no cares if they leave only the 2500 might care.

What about the $500,000,000.00 wasted moon doggal .

Mad Dog Jim Mandich was SPOT ON , this town could careless let the rats enjoy the stadium

2500 a game attendance , no cares if they leave only the 2500 might care.

What about the $500,000,000.00 wasted moon doggal .

Mad Dog Jim Mandich was SPOT ON , this town could careless let the rats enjoy the stadium
I think if the Miami Heat ownership had acted in the same fashion of Loria and engaged in constant fire sales, we would be making the same argument about basketball that we presently make about baseball. Imagine if the Miami Heat had traded away Dwayne Wade in 2009 as he was nearing the end of his rookie deal because they did not want to re-sign him and instead desired to keep the team at the salary floor of the NBA. So no Wade. No James. No Bosh. And for twenty five years, they never resigned their own lottery picks - they just traded them away before they reached their second contracts.

There would be no NBA market in Miami. Not because it didn't ever exist, but because it was cynically and deliberately destroyed.

Advertisement
The Marlins aren't completely STUPID..........Look at the BIG bill they've left Miami with

Compensation=cents on the $$$:oops:

Lesson​

When teams want a new stadium ALWAYS let them pay for it themselves​

Last edited:

They’re legally binded to stay in Miami for a couple decades if I recall correctly.

They’re actually loaded with pitching, I’ve never seen them with this many arms from top to bottom. If they can strike on few bats they’re going to go on a run and likely see another south Florida bandwagon movement like the last two.

Advertisement
The problem with baseball is their antiquated stance towards sportsmanship and bland old school approach to sports in general. The games are boring and the fans are boring.
I knew baseball was fcked when the old heads lost their minds over one of the best moments in baseball in the last 20 years
You want to attract young energetic outgoing athletes that can express themselves more than ever and you shame that man.

They need new blood in ownership And all areas that touch that game
The **** college World Series is more enjoyable than that sht sometimes.

The entire aura around MLB, the unspoken rules, the sacred record book, etc.—all laughable.

Certain taunting and throwing a ball at a guy's head if your guy was hit—THAT'S fine—but hit a home run and flip a bat, or jog too slowly around the bases and now you're somehow disrespected the entire integrity of the game and everyone who's ever played it.

Scandals galore in the sport—and then the keep worthy guys out of a stupid record book (usually for steroids)—while the book itself is full of a lot of records by old white guys before they even let black players on the field with them.

F**k MLB. Boring as all ****, antiquated and full of sh*t.

Advertisement
Back