Depth Chart without players from the previous regime

How many games would this team win in 2013?

QB Williams/Crow/Dewey/Thompson/Olsen

RB Duke/Dallas/Dillard/Edwards/Elder

WR Dorsett/Lewis/Jones/Lockhart

WR Waters/Scott/Carter/Coley

TE Sandland/O'Donnell/Dobard

OL Flowers/Isidora/Knighton/Wells/Gadbois/Sonny/Briscoe/Gall

DE Chickillo/Grimble/Williams

DT Pierre/Kamalu

DT King/Moore/Ivery

DE Hamilton/AQM/Hoilett

LB Denzel/Grace/Armbrister

LB Kirby/Blue

LB Figueroa/McCord/Bond

CB Gunter/Howard/Crawford/Dortch/Hope/Burns

S Bush/Jenkins/Carter/Lewis/Lockley

K/P Goudis/O'Donnell/Barnard

This exercise is premature and shows either a lack of understanding of college football or a poor job of trolling. In either case, I don't see why this would be a compelling discussion.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should have made this post about Matthew Thomas. Maybe that would generate some fodder. Shame on me.

I removed the rest of my commentary because I realized maybe you're just trying to incite discussion. It just so happens to be that a lot of your commentary swings in one direction. In this case, I really don't understand the objective.

Let's talk about how far a car would go if it didn't have wheels. Should be fun.

That's understandable Lu. However, a few people have answered the question and others have commented. Hang on while I make a thread about Eddie Johnson's twitter.

Advertisement
How many games would this team win in 2013?

QB Williams/Crow/Dewey/Thompson/Olsen

RB Duke/Dallas/Dillard/Edwards/Elder

WR Dorsett/Lewis/Jones/Lockhart

WR Waters/Scott/Carter/Coley

TE Sandland/O'Donnell/Dobard

OL Flowers/Isidora/Knighton/Wells/Gadbois/Sonny/Briscoe/Gall

DE Chickillo/Grimble/Williams

DT Pierre/Kamalu

DT King/Moore/Ivery

DE Hamilton/AQM/Hoilett

LB Denzel/Grace/Armbrister

LB Kirby/Blue

LB Figueroa/McCord/Bond

CB Gunter/Howard/Crawford/Dortch/Hope/Burns

S Bush/Jenkins/Carter/Lewis/Lockley

K/P Goudis/O'Donnell/Barnard

This exercise is premature and shows either a lack of understanding of college football or a poor job of trolling. In either case, I don't see why this would be a compelling discussion.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should have made this post about Matthew Thomas. Maybe that would generate some fodder. Shame on me.

I removed the rest of my commentary because I realized maybe you're just trying to incite discussion. It just so happens to be that a lot of your commentary swings in one direction. In this case, I really don't understand the objective.

Let's talk about how far a car would go if it didn't have wheels. Should be fun.

That's understandable Lu. However, a few people have answered the question and others have commented. Hang on while I make a thread about Eddie Johnson's twitter.

You're more than smart enough to see my point is that, between the inevitable results of this exercise (how could we really win many games without a QB or our best OL) and your skepticism on Golden (warranted, for the most part, I think), this thread looked less like an attempt to discuss something and more like a statement.

I really think this team could win as many as 8 games. The defense doesn't change much (Porter being the big hit) while the offense would need to overcome a young OL with a stud LT. Experienced QB, good RBs, good WRs and TEs.

Between 6 and 8 wins

I really think this team could win as many as 8 games. The defense doesn't change much (Porter being the big hit) while the offense would need to overcome a young OL with a stud LT. Experienced QB, good RBs, good WRs and TEs.

Between 6 and 8 wins

I think, without Morris, we're really ****ed. Like 6 games at most. I think without Morris, Linder, Hendo, Feliciano, and Porter, we're a 4-5 game win team THIS YEAR. I think that dynamic changes next year, obviously. Either way, we need a QB. Morris should be a f'in rising Junior.

That is a **** shame about Morris. Taylor Cook and Cannon Smith really screwed things up. Well, Shannon screwed things up by recruiting them. If we're having this conversation about being ****ed without Morris now, we better hope that someone emerges by 2014 (duh). I don't know just how bad the OL would be with Flowers as the anchor. Gadbois and Wells are two years out of HS. Isidora and Sonny are 1 year out of HS and are plenty big. Knighton has a spring under his belt. Far from ideal of course, but maybe not a total train wreck.

Advertisement
OL should be great in 14. Flowers is a beast. Feliciano to me is a great OG. Bunche and McDermott will be back. Just need to find 2 more to fill a spot or 2. Isadora is a guy that I'm interested in seeing. Then the 2014 class is sick but obviously won't be ready yet.

Real shame about Morris. Spencer Whipple as a backup, ha.

Last edited:
A few 2014 possibilities:

Flowers
Feliciano
McDermott
Bunche
Gadbois

or

Flowers
Feliciano
McDermott
Isidora
Bunche

or

Flowers
Bunche
McDermott
Isidora
Feliciano

Flowers
Isadora
mcDermott
Feliciano
Bunche

Is my way too far off prediction.

Would be surprised if it weren't this one. If it isn't, it's because someone took a **** of a leap. That someone being Gadbois or Sonny, as examples.

Feliciano and Bunche offer us tremendous flexibility, though. That OLine may not be as good as this year's, but it'll be pretty **** good.

Advertisement
QB and DTs are weaknesses, which is the one area most universally criticize Golden thus far. To be fair, I don't think Golden will whiff on DTs for 4 years straight, so if you're saying that THIS IS A GOLDEN TEAM, (and be honest, that was your implication) it's not really accurate.

In all fairness and stop me if I am rationalizing here but I only look at 2013 as being a failure for DT recruiting. 2011 he gets a pass on everything as he only had over a month to scramble and but a class together. We got the bodies in 2012, although the talent wasn't great. Also the sanctions cloud weighed heavy there in a year where there was too much available at the position locally. 2013 though was an utter failure.

QB and DTs are weaknesses, which is the one area most universally criticize Golden thus far. To be fair, I don't think Golden will whiff on DTs for 4 years straight, so if you're saying that THIS IS A GOLDEN TEAM, (and be honest, that was your implication) it's not really accurate.

In all fairness and stop me if I am rationalizing here but I only look at 2013 as being a failure for DT recruiting. 2011 he gets a pass on everything as he only had over a month to scramble and but a class together. We got the bodies in 2012, although the talent wasn't great. Also the sanctions cloud weighed heavy there in a year where there was too much available at the position locally. 2013 though was an utter failure.
2011 you aren't rationalizing. I think we all can agree that Golden walked into a horrible situation there. Other than that, I would say you are rationalizing. When you consider that we have been able to recruit decent/well at almost every single position EXCEPT DT, then I think that signals something is wrong.

I'd like to see if there's one guy that Golden booted/cut/parted ways with from either Shannon's guys or his guys that have actually made an impact anywhere.

I'd like to see if there's one guy that Golden booted/cut/parted ways with from either Shannon's guys or his guys that have actually made an impact anywhere.

The closest thing to an impact player would be Storm Johnson at UCF. Of the rest of the guys who were told to get lost, I don't even think any of them are at D1-A schools.

Advertisement
OP Fail.
Players from previous regime have now spent more time under Golden than Shannon. They've been cleansed from the ineptness.

Advertisement
OL should be great in 14. Flowers is a beast. Feliciano to me is a great OG. Bunche and McDermott will be back. Just need to find 2 more to fill a spot or 2. Isadora is a guy that I'm interested in seeing. Then the 2014 class is sick but obviously won't be ready yet.

Real shame about Morris. Spencer Whipple as a backup, ha.

I could see the younger McDermott stepping and starting from day1.

Advertisement
Back