Depth Chart without players from the previous regime

rok

Great Poster
How many games would this team win in 2013?

QB Williams/Crow/Dewey/Thompson/Olsen

RB Duke/Dallas/Dillard/Edwards/Elder

WR Dorsett/Lewis/Jones/Lockhart

WR Waters/Scott/Carter/Coley

TE Sandland/O'Donnell/Dobard

OL Flowers/Isidora/Knighton/Wells/Gadbois/Sonny/Briscoe/Gall

DE Chickillo/Grimble/Williams

DT Pierre/Kamalu

DT King/Moore/Ivery

DE Hamilton/AQM/Hoilett

LB Denzel/Grace/Armbrister

LB Kirby/Blue

LB Figueroa/McCord/Bond

CB Gunter/Howard/Crawford/Dortch/Hope/Burns

S Bush/Jenkins/Carter/Lewis/Lockley

K/P Goudis/O'Donnell/Barnard

Advertisement
Take the seniors off almost any team and you get pretty much the same thing. The more obvious issue this highlights is not Randy's contribution, but where Golden has not been able to recruit because of a short recruiting cycle when he first arrived and looming sanctions. In fact, if Chickillo's class were not so weak, the team would look pretty good, and that, in part, is Randy's fault.

QB and DTs are weaknesses, which is the one area most universally criticize Golden thus far. To be fair, I don't think Golden will whiff on DTs for 4 years straight, so if you're saying that THIS IS A GOLDEN TEAM, (and be honest, that was your implication) it's not really accurate.

QB and DTs are weaknesses, which is the one area most universally criticize Golden thus far. To be fair, I don't think Golden will whiff on DTs for 4 years straight, so if you're saying that THIS IS A GOLDEN TEAM, (and be honest, that was your implication) it's not really accurate.

DT you are dead on but QB he has landed Baby Jesus, Kaaya from 3000 miles away and Edouard (spelling). Crow and Dewey haven't taken a snap so tough to judge but will agree that they aren't anything to write home about yet.

Not sure what the OP is trying to get at. Imagine what that depth chart would like without Golden here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
considering ag stepped in last minute. his first class wasnt that weak. we got dallas, chick, denzel, rashawn scott, phil dorsett, etc. If Gionni Paul, thomas finnie, and Eddie johnson dont ***** up. its is alot different.

Advertisement
32.gif

DT Pierre/Kamalu

DT King/Moore/Ivery

DE Hamilton/AQM/Hoilett

LB Kirby/Blue

LB Figueroa/McCord/Bond

This exercise is premature.

Advertisement
so basically it looks like our regual team without morris and henderson? i'll play the game, without looking at the schedule i'd say 6 or 7

DT Pierre/Kamalu

DT King/Moore/Ivery

DE Hamilton/AQM/Hoilett

LB Kirby/Blue

LB Figueroa/McCord/Bond

This exercise is premature and shows either a lack of understanding of college football or a poor job of trolling. In either case, I don't see why this would be a compelling discussion.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should have made this post about Matthew Thomas. Maybe that would generate some fodder. Shame on me.

DT Pierre/Kamalu

DT King/Moore/Ivery

DE Hamilton/AQM/Hoilett

LB Kirby/Blue

LB Figueroa/McCord/Bond

This exercise is premature and shows either a lack of understanding of college football or a poor job of trolling. In either case, I don't see why this would be a compelling discussion.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should have made this post about Matthew Thomas. Maybe that would generate some fodder. Shame on me.

I removed the rest of my commentary because I realized maybe you're just trying to incite discussion. It just so happens to be that a lot of your commentary swings in one direction. In this case, I really don't understand the objective.

Let's talk about how far a car would go if it didn't have wheels. Should be fun.

2.5 years in and it looks pretty good. Obviously some ?s but you will have that with 2.5 recruiting classes.

IMO one of my favorite things about that "depth chart" is the potential to have big time S again. We have been missing that for a long time.

LB is hurt a lot with EJ, Paul, Terry ?, Witt (concussions)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back