Depth Chart for Clemson

Advertisement
Now that the dust has settled, isn't GR15 one of like maybe 3-4 dudes who have a high grade who opted out? Most of the guys returned to school especially in the Big 10.

Again the past is the past and we are absolutely more than fine at DE, just an observation.

JT4 would've been an explosive weapon in Lashlee's system, but he just wanted to leave because he was tired of always being labeled as the bad guy & was just ready to go.

Bandy left because he was dealing with some difficult financial issues with his family, it was a dumb move for the long run, but he had people tugging on him from multiple directions, he chose the quickest decision possible & wasn't really allowed to weigh his options & make the best choice possible. He basically got pushed into it by outside factors.

Rousseau's Mom is a nurse at a hospital & was dealing with Covid-19 on the front lines, he's pretty much widely regarded as a guaranteed 1st round pick, which is millions of dollars in guaranteed money, under no circumstances were his parents going to let him risk that to play another season especially after he had already missed his TF season with an injury in the first game of the season vs LSU in 2018. I wish he would've stayed & just played in this Clemson game only & then opt-out the rest of the season, but there's just too much money on the line for him to risk it.

I get the old school mentality most fans have & of course we always want the players to play, but at the end of day, these kids are independent contractors & have to always look out for themselves.

I agree that JT & Bandy made shortsighted decisions & should've came back, but once a player decides they want quick money & they're out, you really don't want them on the team because they'll half *** it every step of the way & will have one foot out the door the entire season giving minimal effort. Jon Garvin last year was the exact example of this, he played at 40-60% the whole year because he was just eyeing the NFL, he had no intentions on giving it his all & was just going through the motions in every game.

That is a backward way of doing it I know, because as a player the better effort you give, the better you'll play, the higher draft grade you'll get which will ultimately earn you more money, but unfortunately kids in today's era simply don't think like that.
Bandy said he did it for family reasons. It makes sense for a guy like him. I don't think he would have been able to improve his stock much, but he made a team and is making money. JT4 definitely shouldn't have left. His body wasn't NFL ready and it didn't look like it changed in preparation for camp. He's a kid who could have definitely improved his stock. Now he's not even on a roster.

Advertisement
welp. I’ll tell you what - if JC is that much better than Zion, we’re in good shape!

OL was sealed up other than guard early on. Zion is the first off the bench at tackle and probably gets burn at guard in a pinch.

Campbell has played very well and it’s the best option at LT but Zion is capable of starting now. It’s just not his time.

Lol he does do that little kick thing doesn't he. I don't know man. I don't see him housing one against Clemson, not that level athlete. Risk of a fumble is greater than him flipping the field in my opinion. We have 0 margin for error in this game, Pope's PR game is a liability, he doesn't play well through contact at all. Mike Harley takes contact better than Pope.

Agree 100%. Plus I dont think he has the skillset. The vision on PR and KR is something some people just have and some people dont. I havent seen one return where I was really impressed with that

Advertisement
20201007_162344.jpg

If y'all don't wanna search for the depth chart.

Im not crying over no player that opted out. GR15 had 15 sacks and we finished 6-7. We already started the season, the coaches and players have moved on, so should you. If we lose this weekend it will be because Clemson is a better team, not because of one player or the other who didn't play. Everybody built different and feel the way they do about the pandemic. The president said it was nothing and they are now juicing him on steroids so he can breathe. I wish the kids on our team well that they can be safe throughout the season and beyond

OL was sealed up other than guard early on. Zion is the first off the bench at tackle and probably gets burn at guard in a pinch.

Campbell has played very well and it’s the best option at LT but Zion is capable of starting now. It’s just not his time.
Is the OL that much better than last year? Is it scheme? Is it Justice? So impressed so far.

Advertisement
of course, but good F*cking luck with trying to fix that. let me know how it works out.

our best player on defense (GR15), decided to sit at home this season, to protect his draft position. you know, just in case he got the sniffles.

their best player on offense (TL), will be the first pick in the draft, and he decided to play. because he wanted to support his teammates and his university. you do the math on why they're 3 TD's better than we are.
Exactly couldn’t have said it better

both him and fields are playing

Advertisement
Now that the dust has settled, isn't GR15 one of like maybe 3-4 dudes who have a high grade who opted out? Most of the guys returned to school especially in the Big 10.

Again the past is the past and we are absolutely more than fine at DE, just an observation.
We’re fine but imagine with 15 sliding to dt on 3rd downs with Roche Phillips and silvera

his ability would be a huge plus
He has the ability to single handidlly dominate a game like the bosa brothers or chase young
He’s a huge loss
Can’t stress it enough

but on the flip side Xavier Thomas is likely out all year with covid

so in the end I can’t really fault him

I believe there is a likelihood that Restrepo is the PR against Clemson. Friends of friends of the family have kind of insinuated that
Perfect time for him to make his collegiate debut at PR...at the stadium of the no.1 ranked team with rain in the forecast. What could possibly go wrong?

/I'm all for it

Advertisement
Back