Departing underclassmen

trUstno1

Freshman
Golden said he was surprised by so many guys leaving early without having heard any input from the NFL advisory commitee. Check out where these guys are predicted to go in the draft per NFLDraftScout.com

Rank Player Position Rank/Pos School Class Ht. Wt. Projected Round

181 *Olivier Vernon DE 14 Miami (Fla.) Jr 6-3 265 5

102 *Marcus Forston DT 11 Miami (Fla.) rJr 6-3 300 3

97 *Tommy Streeter WR 12 Miami (Fla.) rJr 6-4 215 3

32 *Lamar Miller RB 2 Miami (Fla.) rSo 5-11 212 1-2

38 *Brandon Washington OG 3 Miami (Fla.) Jr 6-4 320 2

If this holds true Vernon and Streeter should have stayed put.

Lol at Forston going in round 3

Advertisement
I wouldnt laugh at Forston being predicted to go in the 3rd round. Look at all the Cane rookies that got drafted last year that made immediate impacts on rosters this year. Bailey, McCarthey, DVD, etc they some laughed at this same time last year. Bailey similar to Forston played below his potential at the U but NFL scouts and coaches know that kids from the U can play almost regardless of what they do here and Forston has as much potential as anyone to do so. JMO

Not saying he won't go in the 3rd round but he would have been better off playing one more year and improving his draft status. The guy so far has been a bust but yet is still projected as a potential 3rd rounder.

Thats true too, or he can have another season ending injury in college in his last year and get no money and have almost no chance of being drafted or making a team or have that happen in the NFL and still get paid. Or even being in the NFL and not getting injured at all

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;171307 said:
I wouldnt laugh at Forston being predicted to go in the 3rd round. Look at all the Cane rookies that got drafted last year that made immediate impacts on rosters this year. Bailey, McCarthey, DVD, etc they some laughed at this same time last year. Bailey similar to Forston played below his potential at the U but NFL scouts and coaches know that kids from the U can play almost regardless of what they do here and Forston has as much potential as anyone to do so. JMO

I didnt think CMac would stay healthy, that was his issue. Bailey was a freak, in a sense like TS (potential sense), so I can see risk reward, but Bailey was also a senior. The issue it seems is these kids are leaving early to become a 5th rounder. Its like Sam Shields is an all pro basically, but he didnt leave early. These kids are leaving early.

Really feel like Vernon and Streeter left a lot of money on the table. Vernon has one of the best first steps I have ever seen, would've been around 27-275 next year and would have an entire season to show out for scouts. Just a bad business decision on his part, must have really hated school.

Streeter could've worked his way into the 1st round with another big year, 6'5'' WR with top end speed, needed to work on his route running and consistency.

Oh well, time to move on.

Since it now seems thatGolden wasn't cleaning house,I wonder what the real reason is that these kids left early. Some of them clearly haven't accomplished anything substantial to propel them in the first day.

Either we have a bad case of the NFL-U mentality(btw I hate that slogan),or the whole UM is family is not quite true. Something isn't adding up quite right here.

Advertisement
Maybe they saw Sam Shields and Jimmy Graham make it, and figured it must be easy.

Hey, what could go wrong?

Maybe they saw Sam Shields and Jimmy Graham make it, and figured it must be easy.

Hey, what could go wrong?

Both where seniors
That's not what I meant. I was referring to their level of development when they entered the draft. Senior or not, neither Shields nor Graham was "developed" in college. Meaning that both were very raw products when they entered the NFL. Maybe the juniors figure they don't need the extra year, because you don't have to be a finished product to make it in the league.

Really feel like Vernon and Streeter left a lot of money on the table. Vernon has one of the best first steps I have ever seen, would've been around 27-275 next year and would have an entire season to show out for scouts. Just a bad business decision on his part, must have really hated school.

Streeter could've worked his way into the 1st round with another big year, 6'5'' WR with top end speed, needed to work on his route running and consistency.

I COULD'NT HAVE AGREED MORE WITH U SIR

Advertisement
All these guys should have stayed. You have to wonder why they decided to bust up. Could be anything from the coaches being full of it to their own selfish reasons.

Advertisement

Yep. Agree on all points.

Advertisement
Back