DEON BUSH FINAL 3

Advertisement
Auburn is out, eh? Intredasting. That's where everyone seemed to think he was headed.

Advertisement
The Norland trio has been all over him

But I see $EC winning out on this one.

Advertisement
Miami (Fla.) Columbus High School defensive back Deon Bush has been working with a top six of Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Miami, and Purdue for months, but on Wednesday morning he was able to whittle that list down to a final, top three.

"I was calling to let you know I have narrowed it down to a top three," Bush said. "My top three are Miami, Auburn, and Alabama."

On Monday, Bush had shared plans to take an official visit to Florida State this weekend for the Seminoles game against his hometown Miami Hurricanes, but those plans are now off.

"I am not going to visit," Bush said.

He has previously taken official visits to Alabama and Auburn during the season. His third, and likely final, official visit will come in December.

"I think I am going to go to Miami for an official visit after the season," Bush said.

The Rivals100 defensive back shared his thoughts on all three of his finalists.

Alabama: "They have a great program. It is a competitive place. Coach (Nick) Saban does a lot of work with the defensive backs. There are a lot of great players there and a lot of great players have come from there."

Auburn: "It is a great place. They have a great coaching staff. They are an uprising program that is doing real well right now. Coach (Gene) Chizik and Coach Trooper (Taylor) are real good people. It is a real family atmosphere there. I just had a great visit when I went there."

Miami: "It is a great school that is close to home. I am real familiar with a lot of the players. I know the coaches pretty well and they are great people as well. They are rebuilding that team, especially at the defensive backs position."

At this point, he says that there is no order to the trio and no leader. A final decision is likely to come within the next two months and possibly shared at the U.S. Army All-American Game in early January.

"It could be before then, but if not then it would probably be at the game," Bush said.

Advertisement
We should just make individual recruit threads along with a general recruiting discussion and sticky the general discussion thread.

Advertisement
Back