Dennis Briggs update

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
I mentioned on the podcast last week that Coach Kuligowski spoke with Briggs last week and the line of communication was still open.

After exchanging messages with Briggs this morning, it appears like Miami’s defensive line board is taking shape.

Coach Kool spoke with Briggs last Thursday to get a feel for where he was at in his recruitment. I asked Briggs this morning if he was planning to take an official visit to Miami and he said “Coach Kool was supposed to get back to me about that so I don’t know”.

There’s still a chance that the visit takes place at some point, but this should signal where Miami’s confidence is on Daniel Carson, who has similar versatility to play end or tackle.

Advertisement
I would imagine that his comments about Jimbo and him wanting to commit to FSU on NSD probably struck a nerve with the staff - and rightfully so.

Briggs wanted to play the game and got played. Carson is a clone of RJ, no way Briggs gets in over him.

Interesting how this stuff goes down... one thing is for sure, the UM coaches don't f around.

Advertisement
The days of this staff getting left at the altar are over....especially with the new signing date a lot of the divas are gonna Get recognized and replaced by other kids with equal talent.

I think the days of scrambling for plan C guys the day before,day of or even scouring the waiver wire so to speak the day(s) after NSD are over.

You want in get in don’t FcK around and if you want to play the game make sure you have a backup plan cause you won’t be a Cane.

Advertisement
In short summary your talent isn't worth the games you play

KB.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really happy this staff doesn't put all of their eggs in one basket. That's how you wind up with the Jimmy Gaines and Darius Smith's of the recruiting world.

Really happy this staff doesn't put all of their eggs in one basket. That's how you wind up with the Jimmy Gaines and Darius Smith's of the recruiting world.

Even last year when they lost to Bama on the two WR's they ended up with and upgrade in Jeff Thomas. The only real loss was at the RB position. Which the team has already made up for the next two classes.

I'd gladly take a Jimmy Gaines. He'd be the #4 LB right now for a defense that rotates a lot at the position. His film was impressive when he was recruited. Dumb example.

Advertisement
Back