Deng Gak

hotshot

Sophomore
A mystery to me, and I suspect to everyone else. Anyone know what his game was purported to be, coming out of Blair Academy up in NJ? What I recall of him in the few games he's played here are that he showed a midrange jump shot. He's listed at 6'10, 211. I suspect the weight may be padded by 10 lbs or so, maybe more.

In 2017 he played in a "regional" Jordan Classic, which I assume was some sort of lower level HS All-Star game. He tore it up, shooting 8-8 from the floor and 3-3 from the FT line, for 19 points. He grabbed 9 boards. Took no 3 pt shots. All that in just 18 minutes.

Advertisement
A mystery to me, and I suspect to everyone else. Anyone know what his game was purported to be, coming out of Blair Academy up in NJ? What I recall of him in the few games he's played here are that he showed a midrange jump shot. He's listed at 6'10, 211. I suspect the weight may be padded by 10 lbs or so, maybe more.

In 2017 he played in a "regional" Jordan Classic, which I assume was some sort of lower level HS All-Star game. He tore it up, shooting 8-8 from the floor and 3-3 from the FT line, for 19 points. He grabbed 9 boards. Took no 3 pt shots. All that in just 18 minutes.
Been a mystery to me as well. This was a guy who supposedly had offers from Duke, Kansas, and several other blue bloods.

We may never know what his potential is due to all the serious knee injuries he has suffered.

This guy was definitely not a top 100 player. Espn overhyped the living **** out of him.

Hyped up due to potential. Very long and very athletic big before the surgeries. Skills were raw. High ceiling. Needed to bulk up as well. May reach potential at next level if he ever gets healthy.

Advertisement
This guy was definitely not a top 100 player. Espn overhyped the living **** out of him.
This is such an awful, lazy take. He's not even 50% through his college career and been plagued by injuries. We have no idea how good or bad he's going to be and rankings are predicated on how good a player is going to be the second he steps onto campus

This is such an awful, lazy take. He's not even 50% through his college career and been plagued by injuries. We have no idea how good or bad he's going to be and rankings are predicated on how good a player is going to be the second he steps onto campus
Take a walk bud

Advertisement
Back