Demetrius Jackson state title game

Advertisement
Advertisement
I definitely do not see what you guys see..... I see super skinny, not strong at the point of attack. Kid looks sub 200#. Once this kid puts on the needed weight will he still be that much quicker than everyone else? I like the offer, I dont mind bringing in projects that seem to have a high ceiling but I am not blown away by anything I have seen in his videos. He does not explode into ball carriers in run support, he is strictly an arm tackler at this point.... But I trust AG and staff to find and develop the players...

That's not the position he will play at the next level LBs come to the next level all the time undersized. Look at all the conference and national all Americans and look how much the weighed coming in

Advertisement
Great in run support for being that light. He will turn into a monster in 2 years time

I think Frosty's exaggerating the point (less than 200# ????, c'mon man) but I also think there's at least a bit of validity to his concerns. DJ looks like he is going to need a ton of time in the meal hall & weight room and while he looks to me like a kid who could maintain that explosiveness to some degree it's not always a given that (a) they will gain the weight (Square) or (b) they will maintain that explosiveness. All that said, I'm excited to have him... the upside looks worth the risk, and we should be able to afford bringing him along slowly.

Aflete.

Gotta offer this kid IMO. He's one of those kids that goes to college, gains a bunch of weight and turns into a terror off the edge.

In 2 or 3 years I don't wanna hear a story about some kid who barely played football in high school tearing it up at University of So-And-So.

I actually thought he looked decent at the point of attack for a thin, inexperienced kid. And about him "exploding" into ball carriers...it's not a video game. Very seldom to D-linemen "explode" into ball carriers, they're usually gobbling ball carriers up in their 283 foot wingspans.

Advertisement
Back