Demetrius Jackson - not hurt just a ?

Miami04

Senior
Last year he was making some plays before his injury and I thought for sure he would be in the rotation and making a few plays this year but it appears he is only playing on the punt team. With how thin we are at DE anyone know whats going on with him?

Advertisement
It might have been better for him to rest this year honestly but it is what it is at this point

i loved when Diaz kicked him inside on passing downs last year. He made some plays. I havent seen that all season.

Advertisement
He could have qualified for a medical redshirt if he had an “injury”

Ok. I see what you're saying. Those aren't just given out though. You have to petition for them after a year. That's a 50/50 chance he gets one.

Advertisement
DL is dominant and people still find reasons to complain. Usually it's we rotate too much on D and now I guess we're not rotating enough?

DL is dominant and people still find reasons to complain. Usually it's we rotate too much on D and now I guess we're not rotating enough?

Nah I think some just feel for the kid. He looked good last season and was big against the run. Hopefully he comes on late. I wouldn't be surprised to see him vs UVA and BC a little bit more given their style of offense.

I dont see him playing at the pace and strength that he did last year. If i had to guess, he hasn't recovered 100%

Looks slow and hobbled similar to what happened to Darrion Owens after injury. He make pick it up as he gets stronger and more comfortable throughout the season.

I would honestly say he was our best DE before injury last season

Advertisement
He's healthy enough to serve on the punt team (a problem since he can't move that well) but can't get any snaps as the 4th DE.

We miss Rousseau. Jackson and Garvin are playing almost every snap since the Toledo game with Patchan getting about 20-25 snaps at LDE and RDE.

We miss Rousseau. Jackson and Garvin are playing almost every snap since the Toledo game with Patchan getting about 20-25 snaps at LDE and RDE.

I love it...allows these guys to get in a groove and have productive afternoons like they had on Saturday.

I understand rest but let the big dogs tap themselves out for rest..

Advertisement
I love it...allows these guys to get in a groove and have productive afternoons like they had on Saturday.

I understand rest but let the big dogs tap themselves out for rest..

ME LOVE IT TOO lmbo
btw, Garvin was on a mission saturday and i'm talking him talking smack to fswho
we know he is very quiet, so that was very surprising

He definitely hasnt fully recovered. I know we as fans always love to put young guys over the vets, but D Jack was making a name for himself before the injury. I just hope he comes in strong, and plays himself into a late round draft pick. Would be a steal if he cAn get back fully healthy.

Advertisement
Back