Demetrius Jackson diss

Timmy T-Bags $$$

We don’t care about nobody but this U! Fn Soldiers
I am usually not one to over react but I feel really passionate about this and I am furious. I am watching the college football awards without any expectations. Then to my surprise they award the “all hands awards” which recognizes college athletes that positively influence their communities. In my head I am like “nobody can hold a candle to D-Jax”. Then after the first round of inductees his name wasn’t called and I thought it was blasphemous. Luckily they had a second team get recognized. Unlucky for planet Earth D-Jax was not recognized for 2nd team either. I know it probably might not be that important to him because human beings that have souls like him don’t care about personal accolades. All that matters to them is making their community better than they found it. It just hurts my heart because he turned down millions of dollars to sacrifice himself to make the 305 better. If every city had a Demetrious Jackson the World would be unparalleled. GO CANES!!!! Miami loves you!!!!

Advertisement
I am usually not one to over react but I feel really passionate about this and I am furious. I am watching the college football awards without any expectations. Then to my surprise they award the “all hands awards” which recognizes college athletes that positively influence their communities. In my head I am like “nobody can hold a candle to D-Jax”. Then after the first round of inductees his name wasn’t called and I thought it was blasphemous. Luckily they had a second team get recognized. Unlucky for planet Earth D-Jax was not recognized for 2nd team either. I know it probably might not be that important to him because human beings that have souls like him don’t care about personal accolades. All that matters to them is making their community better than they found it. It just hurts my heart because he turned down millions of dollars to sacrifice himself to make the 305 better. If every city had a Demetrious Jackson the World would be unparalleled. GO CANES!!!! Miami loves you!!!!

He's an awesome kid for sure. How'd he turn down millions?

D.jack is good. Yall need to stop looking for media praise.
First of all I can giv2 ***** about “media praise”. As a matter of fact I’m not even sure what the **** that means. I was just trying to praise someone that has done more for his community than probably 90% of everyone on this board at the age of 23 years old. I am a Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran so public service means a lot to me so the fact I am starting a thread about this means something to me and it should to the country. Check out my history, this is the first thread I have started and being CIS for years. I just feel this had to be addressed.

Advertisement
First of all I can giv2 ***** about “media praise”. As a matter of fact I’m not even sure what the **** that means. I was just trying to praise someone that has done more for his community than probably 90% of everyone on this board at the age of 23 years old. I am a Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran so public service means a lot to me so the fact I am starting a thread about this means something to me and it should to the country. Check out my history, this is the first thread I have started and being CIS for years. I just feel this had to be addressed.
Sorry that went to the wrong post

He's an awesome kid for sure. How'd he turn down millions?
He already made it known that this was his last year of playing football. I understand that there was a pretty good chance that he might not of even got drafted but there is no way you could convince me that at the very least he wouldn’t be an undrafted free agent which average salary pays close to 1/2 mil a year. So if he did that for 4+ years he would be a multi millionaire. The most ****ed up part about that is the money aspect. That **** has never mattered to Demetrius. Can’t we just admire a good human being that cares more about his community than himself?

he said his injury never healed well. he's been diff ever since he got hurt last year and looked it this year. he knows his future isn't in football.

He already made it known that this was his last year of playing football. I understand that there was a pretty good chance that he might not of even got drafted but there is no way you could convince me that at the very least he wouldn’t be an undrafted free agent which average salary pays close to 1/2 mil a year. So if he did that for 4+ years he would be a multi millionaire. The most ****ed up part about that is the money aspect. That **** has never mattered to Demetrius. Can’t we just admire a good human being that cares more about his community than himself?

An UDFA doesn't have a salary of $500k per year. In fact, Demetrius made mention that his body couldn't hold up after his recent surgery; which explains why his playing time went down. Also, the average NFL career is barely 2 years. So no, he didn't leave millions on the table. In fact, if you've seen Billy Corbin's "Broke" documentary, NFL athletes more often than not are "Thousandaire's", not millionaires.

But DJacks is the goods as far as community service goes. I don't think he cares much for what the media thinks of what he's doing to help out his community and gaining recognition. I think he'll be just fine in life.

Advertisement
An UDFA doesn't have a salary of $500k per year. In fact, Demetrius made mention that his body couldn't hold up after his recent surgery; which explains why his playing time went down. Also, the average NFL career is barely 2 years. So no, he didn't leave millions on the table. In fact, if you've seen Billy Corbin's "Broke" documentary, NFL athletes more often than not are "Thousandaire's", not millionaires.

But DJacks is the goods as far as community service goes. I don't think he cares much for what the media thinks of what he's doing to help out his community and gaining recognition. I think he'll be just fine in life.

Attachments

• DF4C8B16-A14A-4333-A058-AED48B449BD3.png
    DF4C8B16-A14A-4333-A058-AED48B449BD3.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 59
Which honestly wasn’t the point of the post. Even if he made barely 6 figures it would mostly likely be more than most on here make. I am not trying to insult anyone because it’s way more than I make. I was just trying to pay homage to a great human being and only on a Canes website would that get challenged with resistance. Can’t we just all agree that Demetrius is a special human being and the world is a better place because of people like him?

Advertisement
My mistake. But you also forgot to mention that the salary is only acquired if he makes the 53-man roster.
Yeah but your missing the point. Life is more than about money. Just appreciate a good person for being a good person. Born and raised in Dade. He’s the type of dude that will make Miami a better place. What else can you ask for? People always ***** about our homegrown talent going to other universities instead of “representing the crib and that is just as far as football is concerned. I love Miami and I love football but to me being a good person and sacrificing for more than yourself means more to me than football and Demetrius embodies that. I am not trying to argue or get in a ****ing contest because honestly it doesn’t matter. All that matters is D-Jax is a tremendous human being, a strong black leader and someone who is concerned with his community. Honestly it doesn’t matter what we argue about as long as the right thing is done for the better good then it has been a success.

Yeah but your missing the point. Life is more than about money. Just appreciate a good person for being a good person. Born and raised in Dade. He’s the type of dude that will make Miami a better place. What else can you ask for? People always ***** about our homegrown talent going to other universities instead of “representing the crib and that is just as far as football is concerned. I love Miami and I love football but to me being a good person and sacrificing for more than yourself means more to me than football and Demetrius embodies that. I am not trying to argue or get in a ****ing contest because honestly it doesn’t matter. All that matters is D-Jax is a tremendous human being, a strong black leader and someone who is concerned with his community. Honestly it doesn’t matter what we argue about as long as the right thing is done for the better good then it has been a success.

You literally mentioned money, so spare me with life isn't about money BS. Money isn't the only key to happiness, but not having any makes you miserable. This was your literal quote:

"It just hurts my heart because he turned down millions of dollars to sacrifice himself to make the 305 better."

He wasn't going to play in the NFL because his body wasn't right from his instagram post. I never diminished Demetrius Jackson the person at all; in fact I think he's a stand up guy and should be held as a role model. Stop being sensitive.

Advertisement
Yeah you are right I “literally” mentioned money in my initial post to try and exhibit the sacrifice he made to our community and then mentioned how money didn’t matter. I just don’t understand

I am all for Canes but their is no way D Jac was going to get a guaranteed contract let alone make a team. At best he would have been a practice squad player. You have to be offered to turn down.
That said it is great what he does.

What kills me is how focused you are on the money aspect. I feel I have made it clear it’s more than about money. Honestly it doesn’t matter at this point all that matters is someone making the world a better place regardless of $500K a year or not.

You used the "giving up millions" tag line to try and explain how good of a dude he is, and then when it's pointed out that he wasn't giving up that kind of money, you some how want us not to focus on the very part you inflated to make him look better.

Advertisement
Back