DeMarcus Townsend '18 RB - UTR ?

amanan28

New_Era
Not sure if I just haven't seen a thread on this guy posted already and if there is I apologize. Still, I was checking out Lingard's Nike SPARQ numbers and this kid was listed as the best for Vertical Jump and overall SPARQ rating.

So I went ahead and took a look at his Junior Highlights and came away very impressed. Kid is explosive and has deceiving power, slips by arm tackles and drives the pile. However, I took a look at his offer sheet and he's got mediocre offers with the best one being Arkansas. For any of the recruiting guys that follow this closely, am I missing something here?

Nike SPARQ Numbers:

40 - 4.40

Shuttle - 4.14

Vertical Jump

Power Throw - 39.0

Rating - 132.39

DeMarcus Townsend - Hudl

Taking a look at his numbers and checking out his tape, this kid is good. Not sure if he is just under the radar or a grades issue but why haven't more schools jumped on him and why do the recruiting sites rate him so low?

Advertisement
Honestly , he reminds me of another number 8.

Kid has speed , wiggle and pretty good burst. Looks better than slot of higher rated guys I've seen.

There's got to be an issue , he seems better than the offers and ranking.

Grades, attitude injuries? There's a lot more involved in recruiting than stats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take a look at his tape and tell me this kid isn't good. Attitude, grades, and injuries has absolutely nothing to do with rankings my dude....attitude...really.

Grades, attitude injuries? There's a lot more involved in recruiting than stats.

Take a look at his tape and tell me this kid isn't good. Attitude, grades, and injuries has absolutely nothing to do with rankings my dude....attitude...really.

You're making my point. None of what I mentioned has anything to do with his ranking. BUT, it does have to do with recruiting. He may have amazing stats and a great highlight reel but when a coach does his research and find certain things like his attitude, grades or if he's injury prone, that may explain his low offer list. I'm just giving an example answer to your original question. I'm not saying the kid isn't good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

You're making my point. None of what I mentioned has anything to do with his ranking. BUT, it does have to do with recruiting. He may have amazing stats and a great highlight reel but when a coach does his research and find certain things like his attitude, grades or if he's injury prone, that may explain his low offer list. I'm just giving an example answer to your original question. I'm not saying the kid isn't good.

Just curious if you know for a fact that he has all 3 issues you stated. Burns...****'a injury prone and was definitely a take. Half the dudes recruited and on the team have grade issues. Most teenage males have attitude problems. What do you know of that the staff is specifically not recruiting him for?

Just curious if you know for a fact that he has all 3 issues you stated. Burns...****'a injury prone and was definitely a take. Half the dudes recruited and on the team have grade issues. Most teenage males have attitude problems. What do you know of that the staff is specifically not recruiting him for?

I'm not saying he has any of those issues. He may be squeaky clean for all I know. I'm just giving you some examples of why you may see a player ranked high and not getting a lot of offers. I know nothing about this kid and I'm not insinuating anything. You were wondering why he's not getting recruited heavy and I'm just giving examples. That's all.

Only running back we should be thinking about taking along with lingard is Davis or curry. That's it... everyone doesn't belong at the U.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only running back we should thinking about taking along with lingard is Davis or curry. That's it... everyone doesn't belong at the U.

What if the staff disagrees?

Has the staff offered this guy or even recruited him? No

He's 2018 correct? I'm sure there are quite a few under the radar guys that the staff hasn't offered yet. So with your logic, the staff is done offering any 2018 kids. they're only concerned about evaluating 2019 and beyond right?

Only running back we should thinking about taking along with lingard is Davis or curry. That's it... everyone doesn't belong at the U.

What if the staff disagrees?

Has the staff offered this guy or even recruited him? No

He's 2018 correct? I'm sure there are quite a few under the radar guys that the staff hasn't offered yet. So with your logic, the staff is done offering any 2018 kids. they're only concerned about evaluating 2019 and beyond right?

Don't try to be logical with Broke.

Advertisement
Only running back we should be thinking about taking along with lingard is Davis or curry. That's it... everyone doesn't belong at the U.

Broke this kids tape and measurable's are better than Davis and Curry, you may want to check it out. I would be all over this kid as a second back if I were UM.

Last edited:
BTW...didn't you recently start a thread about how unimpressed you were with Curry? Now you say he's one of the only backs in the nation that is "Miami caliber"...?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back