Eight years ago this same time we were in this same spot SMH

Attachments

• 617C2823-140D-4AFB-BDE1-8B817AE7AFD4.jpeg
    617C2823-140D-4AFB-BDE1-8B817AE7AFD4.jpeg
    744.3 KB · Views: 396
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, I hope we sign some great ones (and have a staff that's capable of all aspects of coaching)
So 8 years ago we had a sick recruiting class like the one we have today. I don't recall that.
If we can’t find a dominant DE and offense that get the ball to playmakers Quickly like the Dolphins it will be another long 8 years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Um...what?

If memory serves, Corch Cheeseburger backed into Coastal win (some problem with UNC sanctions) whereas Mark Richt won it outright.

Do I have that correct?

Golden never won the Coastal. Some fan updated his bio on wiki to say he won it; however, our team Wiki page makes no mention of that title. The only legit Coastal Title we have is in 2017 w/ Richt.

In 2012, we lost to GT, UNC beat GT, we beat UNC

UNC had the best overall record so they would’ve gotten the nod, but due to sanctions they were ineligible. We had the next best record at 7-5, but we self imposed a bowl ban. That led to GT winning & participating in the ACCCG.

Last edited:
Ten years ago Donna Shalala was still president (with an eat what you kill attitude toward athletics), Shaun Eichorst just sold UM out after a year (taking the Nebraska job with Blake James in an interim role) and Shapirogate had broken, with Miami in PR nightmare and recruiting getting decimated.

Miami now has billionaire boosters behind it, Clemson's former AD, plans to revamp the infrastructure and football facilities on campus, with a proven head coach (who had a bad first year), money to throw at a staff, a transfer portal to swap dead-weight players for kids who want to be here, as well as a proven recruiting strategy and Alonzo Highsmith back in a GM-type, player personnel-type role—not to mention Shalala long gone and a new president who defers to the AD and learned to understand the importance of a football powerhouse brand-wise.

Yup, 2012 and 2022 sound f**king IDENTICAL. Brilliant call.

good recruiter as well.

and fwiw both him and manny did well this year as assistant coaches.

the real problem was blake. he was the absolute worst AD ever.
If Golden hired a good DC he would still be here.
Manny would’ve hired a good DC he would be here.
Richt would’ve hired a good OC he would be here.
Mario on the same path with more money

Advertisement
Back